[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

"
King11 wrote:
I need help.. I'm failing a lot during mapping (problems with survivability and dps). I don't really play poe often so I don't really know how to tell whats good and bad. Can anyone take a look at my character and suggest what to do? Its not working out for me and it looks like I have to dive into the last 5-10 pages to get info.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/king11/characters?characterName=kingforce

For starters, the build went slayer and you're using his slayer tree but you went gladiator. You don't need fortify in your reave link, you get fortify on the passive tree. Temporarily try to get mana leech somewhere else until you get a thread of hope, probably on ring then drop your mana flask for a silver flask. Get a better shield with life and %life on block, get a cheap 6l chest with way more life (90+) 3G 3R* sockets. Getting a cheap vulnerability on hit ring with ~50 life and maybe 20~ res will give you a sizeable dps increase for low investment. Your ahn's is pretty low rolled on the phys, I might look to get a better one, they aren't too expensive. You have a unique jewel socketed that does nothing at all, at the very least get a corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you jewel with some res or w/e, just make sure it's cheap.
Last edited by Coloured on Oct 26, 2021, 6:10:18 AM
"
Grimreapin wrote:
League mechanic (scourge) is 90% spell damage, and we have 25% spell block, thus complete dogshit?

What am I missing?

More HP and more Leech?

I'm currently at 70% spell suppression. Picked up magebane and reflexes and got some spell suppression on my boots/shield. Could cap if I could get a decent body armour with suppression.
Last edited by Coloured on Oct 26, 2021, 6:09:59 AM
"
Nahsil wrote:
@King

For more DPS you can drop Fortify support in your 5l and add Brutality. You already get fortify from the Fortify Mastery on your passive tree.

You might also want to buy a better Abyssus with less damage taken, 47% is kinda high.

Trying to save up for both a 6 link and a Haemophilia with vulnerability on hit will also up your DPS a lot.

After playing for a bit, this build isn't great on a thin budget. You need to invest a bit for it to be decent. Cyclone is a safer build for people on a budget and people newer to the game I think.

I'm guessing you really unlock its potential with vulnerability on hit, a 6l, Ryslatha's coil, Aul's so you can use Pride plus the other auras, and an expensive shield with +life on block/+%life on block. But all of that is hella expensive. I have the 6l, vulnerability on hit, damage flasks, an okay shield with +100 life on block, precision+blood and sand+dread banner+herald of purity and it's *decent*, not bad but not amazing.

Appreciate the tips. I'll give them a try.

"
Coloured wrote:

For starters, the build went slayer and you're using his slayer tree but you went gladiator. You don't need fortify in your reave link, you get fortify on the passive tree. Temporarily try to get mana leech somewhere else until you get a thread of hope, probably on ring then drop your mana flask for a silver flask. Get a better shield with life and %life on block will, get a cheap 6l chest with way more life (90+) 3G 3B sockets. Getting a cheap vulnerability on hit ring with ~50 life and maybe 20~ res will give you a sizeable dps increase for low investment. Your ahn's is pretty low rolled on the phys, I might look to get a better one, they aren't too expensive. You have a unique jewel socketed that does nothing at all, at the very least get a corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you jewel with some res or w/e, just make sure it's cheap.

Thanks for the advice. Also the original path of building for 3.16 had gladiator which is why I specced into that.
"
Nahsil wrote:
@King

After playing for a bit, this build isn't great on a thin budget. You need to invest a bit for it to be decent. Cyclone is a safer build for people on a budget and people newer to the game I think.

I'm guessing you really unlock its potential with vulnerability on hit, a 6l, Ryslatha's coil, Aul's so you can use Pride plus the other auras, and an expensive shield with +life on block/+%life on block. But all of that is hella expensive. I have the 6l, vulnerability on hit, damage flasks, an okay shield with +100 life on block, precision+blood and sand+dread banner+herald of purity and it's *decent*, not bad but not amazing.

Agreed on most of this. I don't mind the build too much atm but would not recommend it as a league starter nor for SSF.
"
NosesforSale wrote:
"
Nahsil wrote:
@King

Agreed on most of this. I don't mind the build too much atm but would not recommend it as a league starter nor for SSF.

Here's me who league started this...in SSF

Guess I'm done with the league, not doing the story again.
Guys only I see troubles with attack speed in that build? Pretty low, no?
I'm 73 running T4 maps. Its going...ok. Last league I was a Herald of Purity and Cyclone build. I just spun around everywhere. This is a bit more involved.

Reave
Vaal Reave
Double Strike
Vaal Double Strike
Ancestral Warchief
Flasks
Steelskin

When am I doing what?

So far I've been Reave most of the time.

Vaal Double Strike when available.

Vaal Reave when its a boss; but its a pain because am I stuck in position?

Double Strike when at a boss, but other Vaal skills are down.

Ancestral Warchief as needed.

Mashing Steelskin and Flasks non-stop

Do I have that right?
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I'm 73 running T4 maps. Its going...ok. Last league I was a Herald of Purity and Cyclone build. I just spun around everywhere. This is a bit more involved.

Reave
Vaal Reave
Double Strike
Vaal Double Strike
Ancestral Warchief
Flasks
Steelskin

When am I doing what?

Do I have that right?

He included a section on page 1 that details how to optimize damage for bosses. From the top of my head, right before a boss:
- Pop both ancestrals (make sure warchief is vaal)
- Pop vaal double strike (or blade flurry later? Not sure if that's still in the build...)
- Pop Blood Rage
- Blood stance

AFAIK Vaal Reave is better for clear than for bossing... don't use it as much for single target.
Last edited by NosesforSale on Oct 26, 2021, 10:32:55 AM
"
NosesforSale wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Reave
Vaal Reave
Double Strike
Vaal Double Strike
Ancestral Warchief
Flasks
Steelskin

When am I doing what?

Do I have that right?

He included a section on page 1 that details how to optimize damage for bosses. From the top of my head, right before a boss:
- Pop both ancestrals (make sure warchief is vaal)
- Pop vaal double strike (or blade flurry later? Not sure if that's still in the build...)
- Pop Blood Rage
- Blood stance

AFAIK Vaal Reave is better for clear than for bossing... don't use it as much for single target.

Blood rage too? What is that linked to?

Running out of keybinds, heh
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info