[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Any good solution for the porcupine mobs? I usually end up killing myself on them, and need to be very careful. Bloodrage helps some, but still not enough always. Luckily I don't see them very often.

Need to catch them from the edge, they're the worst for us, walking in we're beefy, soon as we discharge all our phys reduction goes poof and then they hit. Couple people are working on a block version and that might help as well.
So, I'm definitely not sold on Whirling Barrier for the purposes of generating power charges. We just kill stuff too fast for it to be reliable. It's 3 points and does help a lot with the block chance, though.
"
Bradaw wrote:
So, I'm definitely not sold on Whirling Barrier for the purposes of generating power charges. We just kill stuff too fast for it to be reliable. It's 3 points and does help a lot with the block chance, though.

Too bad Eye of Innocence makes you take 100 damage and not hit you with it. If you could block those it would make it worth it.
I keep looking at Overcharged and then realizing that it mostly gives charges when you don't care (trash), and does nothing when you do (solo bosses). Then I remembered that Vaal Breach exists. I haven't rolled this up yet, but I plan to tomorrow. I won't be able to try this out for at least a week, but if anyone wants to check whether it makes some juicy ignites on big bosses that could be cool. If you get 3 of each charge, that's like 3 more endurance.
"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Any good solution for the porcupine mobs? I usually end up killing myself on them, and need to be very careful. Bloodrage helps some, but still not enough always. Luckily I don't see them very often.

Keep a Pyre ring on you to switch in, then you run into the middle of a pack before discharging. Gotta hit them, prolif kills will still give quills.
If I apply combustion with the ignite of wave of conviction, do I lose the negative res modifier when the ignite gets overwritten by the discharge one?

asking if I can drop combustion in the main links for swift affliction
"
Paintherapy wrote:
If I apply combustion with the ignite of wave of conviction, do I lose the negative res modifier when the ignite gets overwritten by the discharge one?

The -resists stack. I imagine that it would be a DPS boost to get ignite chance to 100% and swap in Swift affliction, but someone would have to do the math on that.

Regarding power charges, I played with Whirling Barrier more last night and yeah, it is not reliable enough. I'd argue the block chance is worth the points but someone else maybe has a better idea for block chance. For Power charge generation (on bosses, when it matters), my next thought is to move the Orb of Storms to a 5L and throw Power Charge on crit on it. I'm taking blood magic so I dont run skitterbots. Someone would have to crunch some math on 3 power charges vs skitterbots on bosses.
"
Bradaw wrote:
"
Paintherapy wrote:

The -resists stack. I imagine that it would be a DPS boost to get ignite chance to 100% and swap in Swift affliction, but someone would have to do the math on that.

Regarding power charges, I played with Whirling Barrier more last night and yeah, it is not reliable enough. I'd argue the block chance is worth the points but someone else maybe has a better idea for block chance. For Power charge generation (on bosses, when it matters), my next thought is to move the Orb of Storms to a 5L and throw Power Charge on crit on it. I'm taking blood magic so I dont run skitterbots. Someone would have to crunch some math on 3 power charges vs skitterbots on bosses.

How about power charge on crit with cwdt setup?
"
DuFFzbar wrote:

Cremation (large or medium fire cluster jewel notable) is godlike for any on death effect
I'm going with a bit tweaked variant of this guide and met with 2 problems.

First one is if i get good searing touch i would end up with ~1.5kk reliable sirus dps but i really want to push to 2kk.

Second one is chaos resistance. Since there is so many uniques in build i literally have no space for it on my rares for reasonable price. Should i just squeeze it on jewels? But it'll drop dps which i currently lacking for endgame bosses. Fighting al-hezmin without cheesing is nightmare.
Any tips?

Also went for alternative quality for swift affliction. It's free real movespeed.
Spoiler
pob https://pastebin.com/aie1Ta9f

Edit. Medium cluster jewel with Blowback and Cooked alive fixes dmg.
Last edited by KasKyo on Sep 28, 2020, 9:24:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info