[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Bradaw wrote:

I'm picking up Glancing Blows and considering grabbing Whirling Barrier right next to it. Would give considerable block chance with very minimal investment. Coupled with a Rumi's, could be pretty good defense for almost nothing.

Now Glancing Blows make you take more damage overal, so i'm not sure if we need to take this or not. 3 power charge is nice though.
And take note that 1 point is now equivalent to 5% life/2% more dmg
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Sep 26, 2020, 11:40:30 PM
"
Bradaw wrote:
"
gtankbr wrote:
I have 197% Life on the tree...
Kaom's might be NEEDED, because I feel absurdly squishy. The problem is, what to remove?

T16s aren't a problem, I barely even get scratched there (140/154 atm). I'm more worried about the REALLY hard hitting stuff.
Removing Sunspite would remove the self ignite which would be a noticeable hit in the damage/leech from the amulet.

I'm picking up Glancing Blows and considering grabbing Whirling Barrier right next to it. Would give considerable block chance with very minimal investment. Coupled with a Rumi's, could be pretty good defense for almost nothing.

What do I remove, though?

https://pastebin.com/4pGB5hHr
I just picked up an Eye of Innocence tonight and DAMN what a difference. That piece alone nearly tripled my speed in maps.
"
gtankbr wrote:
Alright, so, minor discussion.
I'm now sitting at a comfortable 15m ignite damage, did A4, A5 and A6 with relative ease and 2 deaths on each and am hitting a wall with the build. (Please note mine is slightly different from Bodhe's, same concept, basically same build with some very slight differences).

It is SO unbelievably squishy. I'm coming from a place of someone who generally runs agnostic MoM characters, so my "squishy" is compared to that. I'm STILL very prone to 1 shots, despite having 5.5k health and 25% conversion of Phys into fire, 9 endurance charges pretty much up all the time, enduring cry, etc etc etc.

I'm breaking my head trying to figure out how to make this tankier because losing 6 exalted into the boss of "Break the Unbreakable" (unique Heist contract) kinda hurts too much.

Suggestion, Bodhe? Maybe move to the scepter/Redblade Warbanner version and incorporate block?

i too have a similar but different build thats built around Glitterdisc for the guaranteed ignites, albiet it doesnt seem to be doing what it should in ele avoid maps so i might change.

i die so fucking much its frustrating. i think its because even with Glitterdisc, the self ignite and burn is very inconsistent. Even so, to one shots as well. its weird despite having high mitigation
"
Stanner3108 wrote:
"
gtankbr wrote:
Alright, so, minor discussion.
I'm now sitting at a comfortable 15m ignite damage, did A4, A5 and A6 with relative ease and 2 deaths on each and am hitting a wall with the build. (Please note mine is slightly different from Bodhe's, same concept, basically same build with some very slight differences).

It is SO unbelievably squishy. I'm coming from a place of someone who generally runs agnostic MoM characters, so my "squishy" is compared to that. I'm STILL very prone to 1 shots, despite having 5.5k health and 25% conversion of Phys into fire, 9 endurance charges pretty much up all the time, enduring cry, etc etc etc.

I'm breaking my head trying to figure out how to make this tankier because losing 6 exalted into the boss of "Break the Unbreakable" (unique Heist contract) kinda hurts too much.

Suggestion, Bodhe? Maybe move to the scepter/Redblade Warbanner version and incorporate block?

i too have a similar but different build thats built around Glitterdisc for the guaranteed ignites, albiet it doesnt seem to be doing what it should in ele avoid maps so i might change.

i die so fucking much its frustrating. i think its because even with Glitterdisc, the self ignite and burn is very inconsistent. Even so, to one shots as well. its weird despite having high mitigation

I don't understand how I'm dying like this, my 9 charges are always up, my resistances are capped (except chaos), I'm just literally exploding for no reason.
I think the build has worked out pretty decent and done what it is supposed to.

However, after killing Sirius [5], and now moving forward. Its ethier one shot the monsters, or get one shot yourself which is getting kinda stale.

I had fun with the build, its very different from what I usually run, but with that being said its definitely hit its limit in terms of survivability. Conquerors or just random map bosses at t16 or upwards take a huge chunk of time to kill, not to mention the beefy conquerors take even longer.

Again, the build is great, I had a ton of fun with it. But its pmuch like I said, get one shot, or one shot them urself, and when theres big dudes in the way, you usually end up dying multiple times.

Lvl 93 is where I end, thanks for a great build though.

Could use my character sheet to figure out how others could build better around dying too much, so feel free to use that or point out obvious mistakes.

Again, thanks TS!
Hi, thanks for the build! I have been playing around with including Righteous Fire into the build for the more spell damage mod and some extra burn damage. Since we are already scaling buring damage and have a lot of regen, I figured it would be fine and with Purity of Fire I can barely sustain it.
Did you play around with this idea? I'm still on a 4L, so I figure once I have a Discharge 6L the damage from RF itself won't keep up and it is not worth the loss in regen.
If you're looking for cheap cooldown recovery early game check out flow untethered. The occasional speed boost is also nice during mapping.

Also, for gems I believe increased burning damage outperforms fire dot multi and damage over time so prioritise increased burning damage on jewels.
"
bodhe wrote:

A few people asked for a cluster jewel variant, this is what I came up with. WILL NOT BE CHEAP. requires very min-maxed jewels to fit the puzzle together and they are not a friendly craft.
Cluster jewel variant - https://pastebin.com/Mqsiu5xR

I dont see in PoB tree any cluster jewel, its correct link?
Last edited by mr.EarlGrey on Sep 27, 2020, 7:55:21 AM
thoughts about dropping divine judgement to pick up glancing blows and whirling barrier + use a rumi flask?
that would lower our dmg a fair bit but make us attack block capped and 40% ish spell block with a chance to gain power charges on block

I've also noticed the build became extremely squishy in endgame, getting random one shots every so often
Last edited by Paintherapy on Sep 27, 2020, 8:12:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info