[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Deathel wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:

Also, Wise Oak does not scale the ignite. So you get 30k for the hit, 0 for the ignite.

Im gonna be honest, I didnt know that. I thought that since Fire Res Pen increases dmg from Ignite, why Ele Res Pen wouldnt? Its confusing...

Fire res pen doesn't increase Ignite, debuffing fire res works.
Which is what Elemental Equilibrium, Combustion support and the Medium cluster jewel notable Cooked Alive does.

"
Deathel wrote:

"
bodhe wrote:

3. That's because you run Blood Magic keystone. Which is a net DPS loss.

It's not, as i said earlier Skitterbots dont increase ur damage, according to pob.

Skitterbots does increase Ignites, not sure how you arrived at that. Try to import your own character and just add the skitterbot gem.
The thing with the community edition and shock is that turning it on makes a shock of 0, if you just turn on shock manually you need to add 17? I think it is at gem level 20 shock from Skitterbots.
Since this build only runs 1 aura, any reason why we don't go blood magic since we get 1 aura for free?
"
Rinani wrote:
"
Deathel wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:

Also, Wise Oak does not scale the ignite. So you get 30k for the hit, 0 for the ignite.

Im gonna be honest, I didnt know that. I thought that since Fire Res Pen increases dmg from Ignite, why Ele Res Pen wouldnt? Its confusing...

Fire res pen doesn't increase Ignite, debuffing fire res works.
Which is what Elemental Equilibrium, Combustion support and the Medium cluster jewel notable Cooked Alive does.

Ok i get it now, thanks.

"
Rinani wrote:

"
Deathel wrote:

"
bodhe wrote:

3. That's because you run Blood Magic keystone. Which is a net DPS loss.

It's not, as i said earlier Skitterbots dont increase ur damage, according to pob.

Skitterbots does increase Ignites, not sure how you arrived at that. Try to import your own character and just add the skitterbot gem.
The thing with the community edition and shock is that turning it on makes a shock of 0, if you just turn on shock manually you need to add 17? I think it is at gem level 20 shock from Skitterbots.

S**t, im such dumbass, enabling skitterbots in skills means u dont need to enable Shocked enemy in calc part, its automatically done... My bad. Anyways, the difference in dps with skitterbots for me is 300k shaper dps so i guess if you want to bother with mana then sure, go for it. I still dont think it is necessary and i like the convinience that goes with BM. For min-maxing skitterbots are prolly good stuff tho. On the other hand you could argue that putting vaal lightning trap covers for shock, and then u can go bm.

@up Skitterbots reserve mana
"
Deathel wrote:

S**t, im such dumbass, enabling skitterbots in skills means u dont need to enable Shocked enemy in calc part, its automatically done... My bad. Anyways, the difference in dps with skitterbots for me is 300k shaper dps so i guess if you want to bother with mana then sure, go for it. I still dont think it is necessary and i like the convinience that goes with BM. For min-maxing skitterbots are prolly good stuff tho. On the other hand you could argue that putting vaal lightning trap covers for shock, and then u can go bm.

@up Skitterbots reserve mana

Many ways to play the build, as long as you're having fun and killing shit, it doesn't matter which way you choose.

I am confused why the PoB shows such different numbers. I just imported your guy again and with the same configs ticked I show 1.08M dps, last night was 754k, and yours is 2M. Wonder if I need to reinstall it or something.
In case of my PoB, u need to remember to pick the nodes from cluster jewel. For some reason they dont get imported.
How do you guys manage not to die with Eye of innocence?

I'm currently up to modest 5,5k life and if i discharge on a too big pack i just instantly die and log says "x has committed suicide."

fireres 76, 1,8% life regen per endu, 600 normal regen
"
detkloo wrote:

I'm currently up to modest 5,5k life and if i discharge on a too big pack i just instantly die and log says "x has committed suicide."

Change boots to Sunspite or rare. Can't run abbaraths with EoI. It's since been updated in the guide, but when putting it together originally I wasn't aware of the interaction they cause.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
detkloo wrote:

Change boots to Sunspite or rare. Can't run abbaraths with EoI. It's since been updated in the guide, but when putting it together originally I wasn't aware of the interaction they cause.

Perhaps you can keep the Abberath part in but put on the caveat that you also needs Ngamahu's Sign.
Interesting find for us. If you have crafted the Frenzy charge chest and can drop blood rage. You can do the following and get 9% more Ignite DPS. On my setup it pushed me just over 3M dps (I haven't done this, just PoBing it)

Add Crest of Desire helmet socketed with Summon Skitter bots Alternate quality 2 (Minions have increased effect of non damaging aliments) Shock does not damage. So the shock effect of a lvl 29 gem is 28%. Quality 73 gives it a 36% increase, so according to my math that's 38% effect of shock. PoB only natively acknowledges the 28% so bump it up to 38%.

9% more DPS over the standard setup, 4% more than the GG crafted helm. Is it worth it? Probably not. Am I bored with this shit league and trying to stay engaged for the build guide? yep.

Since we lose helm gem slots, drop blood rage (not needed with chest), move Malevolence to spare spot on armor.

I tried it with anger and malevolence and they were either marginally better or worse. Anger gets up to 70% increase burning damage, but the first part of that is just getting it back up to being as efficient as malevolence. So it was only a small gain. Tried it with discharge too, even with 146% increased damage for using 1 of each charge it didn't compete with a 6l. But you can get up to 66% to not lose a charge.
Hey, OP!
I chose ur build for this leaague and it's pretty nice!
Also i follow ur character changes, tried both staffs and so on, BUT:
I don't like realm ender w/ frenzy's
I dont like Eye amulet, cus i see ignite on me in debuffs very rarely and about 2-4sec (dunno why)
So, on bosses we don't have frenzy's and self ignation full time - we lose dmg.
How do you watch on rare +3fire/dmg per endur staff and rare +1fire amulet?
Dps comparison below, according to my character (default, not on Sirus):

Realm Ender and Eye
Spoiler

Rare +3fire/dmg per endur/fire dot staff and +1fire amulet:
Spoiler

Here we have stable dps.

Also, i have only 1 Kaom ring for now and no uberlab (btw, did "cover in ash" works with discharge?).

In plans: 2Kaoms, not soon: +1endur boots, hunter/shaper fire dot gloves
and so on.

Thx again.
¯\_(◉◡◔)_/¯
Last edited by Hikakundesu on Sep 26, 2020, 2:57:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info