[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Im playing something very similar to this build, but i have some suggestions for change.

1. Get rid of second Kaom's Way and replace it with Romira's Banquet. Take Avatar of Fire and profit from power charges and frenzy charges. This way you can get rid of Orb of Storm setup, as its annoying as hell. Thanks to that not only you gain conveniance but also DPS as 3 Power Charges with 50% conversion to fire is equiv to 1,5 Enduring Charge and same from frenzy charges and also u have practically 100% uptime of Elemental Overload.

2. Why no Blood Magic? I know that you can't profit from Arcane Surge, and u'd have to drop skitterbots but the payout is much better as you dont have to worry about mana, it gives u a couple of points extra which mitigate difference in dmg at least a bit, and you can drop Doedre's Elixir for some Life flask as the build isn't super tanky. And i recommend using Wise Oak, as its basically 10 to 15% more damage.

3. CTWD setup is bad mate. You have 2 6Ls but u don't use it. For one 6L u put Discharge with links, and in the second you can put CTWD setup with curse on hit. I personally put CTWD - Firestorm - Wave of Conviction - Hextouch - Flammability - Second Wind. Due to Flammability being cast by WoC and FS u can accually level it to max lvl so there is no drawback and it is super convinient.

4. WHERE IS ARMAGEDDON BRAND?!?!?! Dude, with one cast in a pack u can basically gain full Endurance Charges, and you dont have to go head in the pack to let them attack you. Also, its super usefull in Heists as you can break the mob wall thats blocking doors from range and you don't have to worry about getting gangbanged by them. I recommend linking it with Combustion, Immolate and Ignite Prolif.

5. For cluster jewels, I would argue that Burning Bright is accually better. It gives 8% fire dot multi, 20 inc fire dmg and 8% inc aoe, so it basically boosts ur damage to compareable degree as wasting affliction, but it boosts ur clear with aoe, and the ignites lasts longer so u have more time to prepare next discharge. Longer ignites shows a lot of value with opponents that have phases where you need to avoid a lot and cant stop.

All in all, the concept is quite fun, but I feel the charge generation can still be a little bit iffy. Still, its super powerfull and clears maps and bosses very well. Im thinking that mabye Precursor's Emblem with 10% endu charge gain on kill and +1 max endu charge would be a way to make the charge generation flow smoother, but i havent tested it yet.
Last edited by Deathel on Sep 25, 2020, 10:25:51 PM
"
Deathel wrote:
Im playing something very similar to this build, but i have some suggestions for change.

1. Get rid of second Kaom's Way and replace it with Romira's Banquet. Take Avatar of Fire and profit from power charges and frenzy charges. This way you can get rid of Orb of Storm setup, as its annoying as hell. Thanks to that not only you gain conveniance but also DPS as 3 Power Charges with 50% conversion to fire is equiv to 1,5 Enduring Charge and same from frenzy charges and also u have practically 100% uptime of Elemental Overload.

2. Why no Blood Magic? I know that you can't profit from Arcane Surge, and u'd have to drop skitterbots but the payout is much better as you dont have to worry about mana, it gives u a couple of points extra which mitigate difference in dmg at least a bit, and you can drop Doedre's Elixir for some Life flask as the build isn't super tanky. And i recommend using Wise Oak, as its basically 10 to 15% more damage.

3. CTWD setup is bad mate. You have 2 6Ls but u don't use it. For one 6L u put Discharge with links, and in the second you can put CTWD setup with curse on hit. I personally put CTWD - Firestorm - Wave of Conviction - Hextouch - Flammability - Second Wind. Due to Flammability being cast by WoC and FS u can accually level it to max lvl so there is no drawback and it is super convinient.

4. WHERE IS ARMAGEDDON BRAND?!?!?! Dude, with one cast in a pack u can basically gain full Endurance Charges, and you dont have to go head in the pack to let them attack you. Also, its super usefull in Heists as you can break the mob wall thats blocking doors from range and you don't have to worry about getting gangbanged by them. I recommend linking it with Combustion, Immolate and Ignite Prolif.

5. For cluster jewels, I would argue that Burning Bright is accually better. It gives 8% fire dot multi, 20 inc fire dmg and 8% inc aoe, so it basically boosts ur damage to compareable degree as wasting affliction, but it boosts ur clear with aoe, and the ignites lasts longer so u have more time to prepare next discharge. Longer ignites shows a lot of value with opponents that have phases where you need to avoid a lot and cant stop.

All in all, the concept is quite fun, but I feel the charge generation can still be a little bit iffy. Still, its super powerfull and clears maps and bosses very well. Im thinking that mabye Precursor's Emblem with 10% endu charge gain on kill and +1 max endu charge would be a way to make the charge generation flow smoother, but i havent tested it yet.

1. You gain 102k dps on 2.3M dps, and lose 600 regen according to PoB. I've never had a problem keeping EO up on bosses. I'll give it a shot and see how it feels.

2. I don't worry about mana, what flask would you suggest in its spot? Its there for a free couple charges on a boss discharge. Not a lot of flask benefit us. Boss is already cursed so running a Witchfires brew is 3.5% less DPS. Bottled faith will get ya 6% for 8ex. You lose more than that without skitterbots.

Also, Wise Oak does not scale the ignite. So you get 30k for the hit, 0 for the ignite.

I think some of your issue not being tanky is being way off on Enduring Cry uptime. 6.27CD vs 2.38 uptime, And since none of you bases are armor you have 35% Physical damage reduction without it and 40% with it. Along with only 1200 regen. See below

3. That's because you run Blood Magic keystone. Which is a net DPS loss.

4. Arma Brand for charges? Since you're running Eye of Innocence you know it's not needed for the charges. On your character it's giving you 42k dps, and seems about on par with either dropping that on a boss or OOS since the DPS is negligible. Now if you build for Arma Brand and supplement with Discharge that's another story, but also a different build.

5. I have burning bright on the cluster version of the tree.

Comparing your character to mine show the following differences.

Last edited by bodhe on Sep 25, 2020, 11:49:42 PM
And how did you craft those clusters?
"
PappaMidNight wrote:

I didn't, people just kept asking for what to use. I'm staying away from them personally. Doubles your DPS but its shit to craft them now.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
PappaMidNight wrote:

I didn't, people just kept asking for what to use. I'm staying away from them personally. Doubles your DPS but its shit to craft them now.

yeah the more I think about it the more I dont want to do it.
I'm going to use this build on hc.
Why is firestrom used in cwdt?
Have a suggestion for a one-handed unique weapon? (I almost always use Cerberus Limb. But is there something specialized for ignite?)
Hello,

Better The Searing Touch or Realm Ender????
"
kaienowaty wrote:
Hello,

6L Searing Touch > 6L Realm Ender. If PoB shows otherwise, its because you have "use frenzy charges" ticked, as the cold to fire gem on Realm Ender will benefit from that. And on bosses you can't reliably generate Frenzy charges without super good gear.
"
Popmycherry wrote:
"
kaienowaty wrote:
Hello,

6L Searing Touch > 6L Realm Ender. If PoB shows otherwise, its because you have "use frenzy charges" ticked, as the cold to fire gem on Realm Ender will benefit from that. And on bosses you can't reliably generate Frenzy charges without super good gear.

My pob still so The Searing Touch have higher DPS (just 1% more though) even if i ticked frenzy charge.

Does anyone here interested in the blue nightmare? 10% block spell is nice and we will always have 3 power charge when mapping. So in map, we will always have 9 endurance, 3 frenzy from blood rage, and 3 power from blue nightmare.

"
bodhe wrote:

Comparing your character to mine show the following differences.

Mate, where did you get that data from? xD
Thats my PoB:
https://imgur.com/a/tfiJrCh

And thats urs atm:
https://imgur.com/a/brHb0Yc

The only reason u have slightly more dps then me is that you have annointed Burning Brutally and i kinda forgot about it, as i got my Eye of Innocence yesterday. My phys red is shit because I have shitty bases and I don't feel the need to upgrade them since my character can easily clear pretty much all content that i did up till this point. The warcry thingy wasn't intentional, i just needed points for my cluster jewel and i had to get them from somewhere, doesn't bother me that much on red maps if im honest.

"
bodhe wrote:

1. You gain 102k dps on 2.3M dps, and lose 600 regen according to PoB. I've never had a problem keeping EO up on bosses. I'll give it a shot and see how it feels.

I prefer Romira's cos i dont have to play keyboard piano, It's much more convinient compared to casting Orb of Storm in the face of the boss. And If boss is moving like Al-Hezmin, u dont get charges at all. AoF is a great choice regardless, as its straight up dmg increase with no loss.

"
bodhe wrote:

2. I don't worry about mana, what flask would you suggest in its spot? Its there for a free couple charges on a boss discharge. Not a lot of flask benefit us. Boss is already cursed so running a Witchfires brew is 3.5% less DPS. Bottled faith will get ya 6% for 8ex. You lose more than that without skitterbots.

Shock does not increase damage from ignite according to PoB (i thought it should too lol), so you accually dont loose anything. And for flasks, you can get a nice Granite Flask like Rumi's Concoction for a little bit of survi. And doedre's elixir can be really dangerous, as it swallows around 14% of ur health with chaos res u have atm. If you time it badly u'll set urself for a quick oneshot.

"
bodhe wrote:

Also, Wise Oak does not scale the ignite. So you get 30k for the hit, 0 for the ignite.

Im gonna be honest, I didnt know that. I thought that since Fire Res Pen increases dmg from Ignite, why Ele Res Pen wouldnt? Its confusing...

"
bodhe wrote:

I think some of your issue not being tanky is being way off on Enduring Cry uptime. 6.27CD vs 2.38 uptime, And since none of you bases are armor you have 35% Physical damage reduction without it and 40% with it. Along with only 1200 regen. See below

As I said before, I just didnt put much thought into my bases, which sure makes me less tanky, can't argue with that. I probably should put on Replica Anbu's Charge, it would allow me to change my helmet and gloves for something with armour, while boosting charge generation.

"
bodhe wrote:

3. That's because you run Blood Magic keystone. Which is a net DPS loss.

It's not, as i said earlier Skitterbots dont increase ur damage, according to pob.

"
bodhe wrote:

4. Arma Brand for charges? Since you're running Eye of Innocence you know it's not needed for the charges. On your character it's giving you 42k dps, and seems about on par with either dropping that on a boss or OOS since the DPS is negligible. Now if you build for Arma Brand and supplement with Discharge that's another story, but also a different build.

It's not needed if you plan on getting hit in the face every time you want charges, but with Arma Brand u can gain charges from Inexorable + Eye of Innocence from distance which is awesome. Discharge with 8 EC 3 PC and 3 FC can one shot white mobs on red maps, with range of whole screen, which means no ignites from them = less EC from packs. Casting one arma brand in pack can fill ur endu charges pretty much instantly. It also helps with the fact that i have such a long cd on enduring cry.

"
bodhe wrote:

5. I have burning bright on the cluster version of the tree.

I think i looked at different version of ur tree then as it had Wasting Affliction.

Last edited by Deathel on Sep 26, 2020, 9:54:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info