[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Im running without Call to Arms..Idk, with the Speed nodes its a super fast cast and barely interrupts. Plus I have it available via Second Wind for a quick burst of charges (I dont have Eye of Innocence).
Last edited by Bradaw on Sep 24, 2020, 11:09:44 PM
"
gtankbr wrote:
Oh I probably didn't express myself well enough haha.
I have call to Arms, there's no way to play this manually casting enduring cry every 4 seconds. But that's my stopping point, Call to Arms and Bloodless. I just didn't follow the tree to the duelist bottom. Also, when I chuck Disciple of the Unyielding into PoB it actually lowers the ignite damage for ???? reasons.
I went upwards on the tree and put a Medium cluster there with Burning Bright and I wanted Wasting Affliction but I got Brewed for Potency and said fuck it. I followed with a Small Cluster with Flow of Life. I never got Explosive Impact but I got Holy Fire, so the damage is a little bit higher, but I was wondering if a charge is really better than Burning Brutality.

Disciple of the unyielding isn't taken, it lowers DPS because discharge gets it's damage from using charges, and you can not use a minimum charge. So as far as discharge is concerned its -1 charge. and the 8% increase damage doesn't overcome it.

The first 3 nodes are 2% regen and 30% AoE which aren't terrible since we are there already, I probably wouldn't travel for them otherwise.
Does ignite proliferation not actually spread its ignites of the spell AoE is larger than the listed proliferation range? I feel like anything Discharge doesn't hit stays untouched, which slows me down a bit when there are a lot of packs or they're spread out.
"
AranarthPoE wrote:
Does ignite proliferation not actually spread its ignites of the spell AoE is larger than the listed proliferation range? I feel like anything Discharge doesn't hit stays untouched, which slows me down a bit when there are a lot of packs or they're spread out.

That is exactly how it works, ignite proliferation support only makes a circle around the ones you hit. So in effect it's an area increase and good for killing things that spawn in afterwards like with Delirium, Beyond, Conqueror influence and some often hilarious intervention ambushes from Syndicate when they die as they step out of a portal.

If you want the contagion style ignite you also have to use Abberath's Hooves or Emberwake, with Ngamahu's Sign so Eye of Innocence doesn't oneshot you when you hit a pack.
Hello! I'm been having some thoughts of changing builds after hitting what seems like "the apex" for the build. My overall thoughts on the build would be that it's amazing for nearly all the content in the game. One of the fastest clearers I've ever played and decimates all map bosses with relative ease. I've run into some difficulties however with the high end conquerors and A8 Sirus. Here's my POB if you want to take a look and maybe offer some suggestions but I'm probably going to try out the CoC version of discharge after testing out chieftain ascendancy tomorrow. I think I'm still the top ignite discharge jugg on poeninja just so I'm not coming out of the blue with my concerns. I just don't see any more way "simple" ways to improve dps for the build. Maybe look into converting into full clusters? Notable upgrades for me would be, crafting my own +3 staff, double influenced boots with +1 endurance and faster ignite tick, watcher's eye, better jewels with dot multi. Thing is all of them cost upwards of 4+ exalts each and all for minor improvements. I don't see the build doing more than 3 million dps at the most without significant investment.

POB: https://pastebin.com/3hK4GaCC
Last edited by xraiden852 on Sep 25, 2020, 3:42:58 AM
"
xraiden852 wrote:
Hello! I'm been having some thoughts of changing builds after hitting what seems like "the apex" for the build. My overall thoughts on the build would be that it's amazing for nearly all the content in the game. One of the fastest clearers I've ever played and decimates all map bosses with relative ease. I've run into some difficulties however with the high end conquerors and A8 Sirus. Here's my POB if you want to take a look and maybe offer some suggestions but I'm probably going to try out the CoC version of discharge after testing out chieftain ascendancy tomorrow. I think I'm still the top ignite discharge jugg on poeninja just so I'm not coming out of the blue with my concerns. I just don't see any more way "simple" ways to improve dps for the build. Maybe look into converting into full clusters? Notable upgrades for me would be, crafting my own +3 staff, double influenced boots with +1 endurance and faster ignite tick, watcher's eye, better jewels with dot multi. Thing is all of them cost upwards of 4+ exalts each and all for minor improvements. I don't see the build doing more than 3 million dps at the most without significant investment.

POB: https://pastebin.com/3hK4GaCC

3M DPS is probably pretty close on a reasonable budget, which is pretty good for a DoT build.

I show you at 1.2M DPS on your pastebin. The switch to Chieftain will bring you to 1.7M. Switching to a "chance to gain frenzy charge on hit" chest and taking AoF will bump it up to 2.4M, So with a 30-50 chaos chest and switching to Chieftain you can double your current DPS.
"
Rinani wrote:

If you want the contagion style ignite you also have to use Abberath's Hooves or Emberwake, with Ngamahu's Sign so Eye of Innocence doesn't oneshot you when you hit a pack.

I've been using a Pyre for the extra burn damage and the cold-to-fire to make the most of my frenzy charges. I didn't know the Emberwake existed. This is my first time playing with ignite, so I am not really familiar with the gear. I'll give that and the hooves a try, and I guess now's the time to switch to AoF. Thanks for the tip.
is there anyone who could experience t16 bosses/guardians/sirius A8?

How does it perform?

Thanks
"
AranarthPoE wrote:

I've been using a Pyre for the extra burn damage and the cold-to-fire to make the most of my frenzy charges. I didn't know the Emberwake existed. This is my first time playing with ignite, so I am not really familiar with the gear. I'll give that and the hooves a try, and I guess now's the time to switch to AoF. Thanks for the tip.

Not emberwake, Berek's Respite. You're after the line "When you Kill an Ignited Enemy, inflict an equivalent Ignite on each nearby Enemy"
"
allevart88 wrote:
is there anyone who could experience t16 bosses/guardians/sirius A8?

How does it perform?

Thanks

I just did t16 drox, 1:12. And one warlords exalt!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info