[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

I might have missed this part. Which helm enchant is ''best''. They all seem pretty good. With Discharge's alternate quality you can get increased AoE. Does this render the +5 radius helm enchant useless? Looking for some input!

Also for helm crafting. Think that part needs to be updated. Need to have ilvl 85 warlord influence to get -9 fire res to nearby enemies mod.
Last edited by Provin915 on Sep 24, 2020, 5:59:00 PM
"
Provin915 wrote:
I might have missed this part. Which helm enchant is ''best''. They all seem pretty good. With Discharge's alternate quality you can get increased AoE. Does this render the +5 radius helm enchant useless? Looking for some input!

Also for helm crafting. Think that part needs to be updated. Need to have ilvl 85 warlord influence to get -9 fire res to nearby enemies mod.

I would go with radius, since it is radius and not AoE its pretty strong. Then go with cast speed alt quality gem. Most deaths of mine have been been in the casting animation, was very apparent in Sirus. Just has a slow animation, on top of no discharge builds every worrying about cast speed on a single cast type skill.

And you are correct, fixed. Thanks.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Provin915 wrote:

I would go with radius, since it is radius and not AoE its pretty strong. Then go with cast speed alt quality gem. Most deaths of mine have been been in the casting animation, was very apparent in Sirus. Just has a slow animation, on top of no discharge builds every worrying about cast speed on a single cast type skill.

Thanks for fast response. Thought the same too with the slow casting. Radius it is! I feel that the damage is fine without helm anyways.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Provin915 wrote:

TBF, if using Hooves, like you and that other user (can't remember name, sorry) have been argumenting for, wouldn't the radius enchant be...wasted? I have NOT tried hooves and the ring myself, so I don't know exactly how it works in practice, but as you and the other guy described it, the discharge ignite "crawls" like ED/Contagion, to other enemies outside our prolif range, so wouldn't that make the radius obsolete/wasted?
Hi there,

I would like to start this build but I have a doubt on which ascendancy to choose.

You say:

"

Can be played as either Chieftain or Jugg.
Chieftain gets more DPS, more regen. Easier chance to ignite.
Jugg gets easier charge generation early game. Better chaos res, better AoE and overall defense.

but checking on POB chieftain has around 6.5m and Jug 10m?
Wasn't supposed to have more dps the chieftain?

Thank you in advance, sorry for the noob question
Last edited by allevart88 on Sep 24, 2020, 7:27:49 PM
Hello! So the mana changes just went live for discharge and mine is at 76 currently. I fiddled around with some life/mana nodes on the tree but nothing felt right. I ended up going with battle rouse. It only works if you have Eye of Innocence though because you end up hitting yourself and regening a bunch of mana from it which works out pretty well. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
Last edited by xraiden852 on Sep 24, 2020, 7:56:10 PM
PoB's updated reflecting mana change, and adding AoF. Also updated gems section

I ran a map with no Dynamo, and it was pretty terrible went oom a few times.

Ran 2 maps with Dynamo and never went oom, should be fine.

Since it is "Recover" we will not be affected by no regen or no leech maps. And the recovery map mod is only for life/es

There are other options, such as taking mana reduction/curse nodes and adding in clarity with enlighten lvl 3 setup. You will have to drop Increased crit strikes from orb of storms and move blood rage into that group. Or drop blood rage all together with a +chance to gain frenzy on hit chest.

Yeah, the mana fix on Discharge is super yuckie! I picked up Quick Recovery for now, but it's definitely just a band-aid fix if anything. Battle Rouse is waaaaaaay out of my way, as I don't think it's worth going for the Scion wheel myself, so I haven't pathed down there.

Can definitely not be as liberal with flame dashing around nor discharging on cooldown, which is a shame. Was even going for "Escalation" to not only get CDR but also even more regen when enduring crying, had to respec out of those to get quick recovery though :P

Edit: Also had to drop Skitterbots, as it was super unplayable with that little mana.
Last edited by Popmycherry on Sep 24, 2020, 7:55:52 PM
"
Popmycherry wrote:
Yeah, the mana fix on Discharge is super yuckie! I picked up Quick Recovery for now, but it's definitely just a band-aid fix if anything. Battle Rouse is waaaaaaay out of my way, as I don't think it's worth going for the Scion wheel myself, so I haven't pathed down there.

Can definitely not be as liberal with flame dashing around nor discharging on cooldown, which is a shame. Was even going for "Escalation" to not only get CDR but also even more regen when enduring crying, had to respec out of those to get quick recovery though :P

Edit: Also had to drop Skitterbots, as it was super unplayable with that little mana.

Read the updated gems section. you dont have to drop anything.
Hey guys if anyone is struggling with mana after the patch, theres a few solutions you can try:

Pick up a low level Clarity linked with enlightened to your other auras

Allocate Righteous, Tireless, Arcane Capacitor, Deep Thoughts and/or Reverly
(increasing maximum mana does increase base regeneration)

Look for at least one high mana regen line on your second ring. Jewels can also get Mana regen and Mana on kill.

Getting +Mana on your belt, boots, chest is not a bad idea either since we don't have many great prefixes to use.

If you can get your mana regen to roughly half of the Discharge cost, you should be fine in maps again.

Good luck Exiles!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info