[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

so after getting most of the gear together, although next will be to spec out of fire tree at witch and put in a large fire cluster, my dream of making this build viable for maps with elemental avoidance seems out of reach

i dont think glitterdisc is working as it should. i have many times where i am burning and i cant ignite a boss,

anyone knows the exact calculations for ignite chance?
say if i have 150% ignite chance, with map mod monsters have 70% chance to avoid elemental ailments, will that mean its 80% to ignite them? or 150x0.3?
i know its subject to monster hp, need more information

Thank you for sharing this build !

I'm dying a lot since I've started mapping, which is probably due to my gear, and Discharge is sometimes not triggering in the middle of a fight (which can be frustrating), but this is a great League Starter.
Last edited by Greywilde on Sep 24, 2020, 11:52:32 AM
"
Stanner3108 wrote:
put in a large fire cluster,

We got barely enough points to do one medium and one small fyi, and that means ditching Divine Judgement and Explosive Impact. Don't spend exalts on a large IMO
"
Greywilde wrote:

I'm dying a lot since I've started mapping, which is probably due to my gear, and Discharge is sometimes not triggering in the middle of a fight (which can be frustrating), but this is a great League Starter.

I found the 2 reasons for Discharge not firing (assuming you have charges) were stuns and manually cancelling it by moving too quickly after clicking the skill. Since taking Unwavering Stance I've found it doesn't happen nearly ever now.
"
Stanner3108 wrote:
so after getting most of the gear together, although next will be to spec out of fire tree at witch and put in a large fire cluster, my dream of making this build viable for maps with elemental avoidance seems out of reach

i dont think glitterdisc is working as it should. i have many times where i am burning and i cant ignite a boss,

anyone knows the exact calculations for ignite chance?
say if i have 150% ignite chance, with map mod monsters have 70% chance to avoid elemental ailments, will that mean its 80% to ignite them? or 150x0.3?
i know its subject to monster hp, need more information

No, we cap at 100% ignite chance, so 70% avoid = 30% chance to ignite.
"
Greywilde wrote:

Did you take unwavering stance?

"
"
Stanner3108 wrote:
put in a large fire cluster,

We got barely enough points to do one medium and one small fyi, and that means ditching Divine Judgement and Explosive Impact. Don't spend exalts on a large IMO

I think medium + small can be better than both of them, especially Explosive Impact.
I'll also check if we can drop the bottom part for 9 point / the top for 10 point for cluster when have some currency.
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Sep 24, 2020, 12:15:39 PM
Hey all! I think i'm finally throwing in the towel on summoner as the playstyle is much too boring. After combing through many guides over the last few days, this one seems to be the one that intrigues me the most! Just a couple questions if you dont mind.

How did you go about leveling (main skill)? When did you make the switch to discharge? Also are there any recommended leveling uniques to carry through the acts until we can get the higher level suggested items (aside from the obvious tabula)? Thanks in advance and can't wait to start this build when I get home from work!
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

I think medium + small can be better than both of them, especially Explosive Impact.

Oh yes, definitely worth it. MORE damage instead of a few increased. But we dont have the passive points beyond this change for a large, without making yet more changes, like you said, possibly ditching the bottom
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 24, 2020, 12:36:40 PM

"
Windfuriouss wrote:
So I'm looking at playing this build, how necessary is Eye of Innocence? It's currently like 4ex alone.

It's strictly QoL, just makes mapping faster, You can just play discharge like any other spell at that point and not worry about charges. Buy a 30c Yoke or roll a +1 int gems ammy and have more DPS. Will just have to pay attention to charges a bit.

"
Provin915 wrote:

Ah too much an investment atm. Currently sitting on ~7 ex, I'll just gradually upgrade my gear first since I still run some awful lvl 60 gear :P

It wont be needed to do any content in the game, but people like to have something they can min/max and build to the moon later in the league.

"
Morbidbeast07 wrote:
Hey all! I think i'm finally throwing in the towel on summoner as the playstyle is much too boring. After combing through many guides over the last few days, this one seems to be the one that intrigues me the most! Just a couple questions if you dont mind.

How did you go about leveling (main skill)? When did you make the switch to discharge? Also are there any recommended leveling uniques to carry through the acts until we can get the higher level suggested items (aside from the obvious tabula)? Thanks in advance and can't wait to start this build when I get home from work!

I leveled Melee till 30's and first lab, then switched to Discharge and never looked back. Focus on chance to ignite early in the tree if you wanna go discharge early. Makes it feel pretty godly leveling.
"
Morbidbeast07 wrote:

Replica Ambu is level 43 required, it's like a couple of chaos for a 5 link and a single ex for a 6 link.

Your ignite chance is really what determines when you can switch and picking the endurance charge ascendancy in Juggy or Chieftain in the first lab.

You can bump up the ignite chance with some uniques, stuff like Ngamahu's Sign, Mokou's Embrace and Abberath's hooves all provide extra ignite chance. I found that once you get past 65% chance things start to clear nicely and you can semi consistently get an ignite going on Act bosses.

Realmshaper and Realm Ender are great and you can buy a Realmshaper 6 link for cheaps and upgrade it with the prophecy. Alternatively Redblade Banner ensures that a single Rallying Cry gives full endurance charges, you can pair that with an Ashcaller.
"
I am unconvinced it's worth using Abberath's Hooves. And with zero links...Meh. It's for a different build.

Personally, besides the slow movespeed, they are really really good for clear ;)

I just finally got uberlab, and enchanted mine, I guess I am ready for discharge to cost some more mana ;)

At least for mining and heists, they are insanely nice. Thanks for the advice on using
along with

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info