[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Have you considered a Redeemer chest with 10% chance of frenzy charge on hit? Blood Rage is reliable when clearing, but it doesn't give you charges when bossing. With the armor cluster jewel, you can have the endurance charge per second when hit as well.

I'm currently using 8 endurance charges with 3 frenzy charges. Maybe PoB is misleading me, but I'm getting about 43% more damage for having those 3 frenzy charges compared to only using endurance charges.
"
Dongaldo wrote:
Why not drop the few sources of added fire damage and take Elemental Equilibrium? It's huge boss DPS.

I keep forgetting to try it out, was afraid it would make the build feel clunky or slow down clear. I know a lot of people have spec'd it.
"
AranarthPoE wrote:
Have you considered a Redeemer chest with 10% chance of frenzy charge on hit? Blood Rage is reliable when clearing, but it doesn't give you charges when bossing. With the armor cluster jewel, you can have the endurance charge per second when hit as well.

I'm currently using 8 endurance charges with 3 frenzy charges. Maybe PoB is misleading me, but I'm getting about 43% more damage for having those 3 frenzy charges compared to only using endurance charges.

Because of Realmender, it scales the frenzy charges with cold to fire, once you switch to 6L searing touch it wont, but your burn will be stronger
"
AranarthPoE wrote:

Frenzy on hit, power charge on block/crit will be our end game gear in my opinion.
IF you take AoF + using Realm Ender, 1 frenzy charge = 1 endurance charge, so with 3 Fz you have 3/8 = 37.5% more dmg, you also get some more from cold to fire and stay at 43%.

"
Dongaldo wrote:
Why not drop the few sources of added fire damage and take Elemental Equilibrium? It's huge boss DPS.

With cwdt + fire ball + wave of conviction, it's hard to proc EE by orb storm. Maybe we can do with CWDT+ light ball? But wave of conviction still there.
Oh how about cwdt + ball lighting, then self cast wave of conviction + hextoch?
Also can CWDT lv1 + spell like fire storm + power charge on crit work?
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Sep 24, 2020, 2:42:56 AM
"
bodhe wrote:

Because of Realmender, it scales the frenzy charges with cold to fire, once you switch to 6L searing touch it wont, but your burn will be stronger

No, if you take Avatar of Fire for one point with Searing Touch, it's an even bigger boost to damage. You can also add power charges into it at that point with just as much effect. I actually thought this is why you didn't take EE until I read your last few comments.
Last edited by AranarthPoE on Sep 24, 2020, 2:35:36 AM
"
AranarthPoE wrote:

No, if you take Avatar of Fire for one point with Searing Touch, it's an even bigger boost to damage. You can also add power charges into it at that point with just as much effect. I actually thought this is why you didn't take EE until I read your last few comments.

Ah I got ya, didn't realize you were taking AoF as well. So with the current trigger setup, this is probably easier to implement than EE I would assume. I was worried without proper frenzy generation on a boss the AoF wouldn't be utilized. As much as the triggers hit it should give some reasonable charge generation over the course of 7 seconds.

The trigger on Eye of Innocence is proc'd by ignites so switching to ball lighting wouldn't work, it either wouldn't trigger without fire damage, or trigger with it and break EE again. Would also allow us to keep Orb of storms for curse and EO proc, and cwdt/ammy proc.

Edit - wonder why yours is showing so much more damage from it. Ticking AoF on mine gives 12.7%
Last edited by bodhe on Sep 24, 2020, 2:59:21 AM
"
bodhe wrote:

Edit - wonder why yours is showing so much more damage from it. Ticking AoF on mine gives 12.7%

It's AoF and 3 frenzy charge for 43% more i suppose
ore dmg, you also get some more from cold to fire and stay at 43%.

"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

With cwdt + fire ball + wave of conviction, it's hard to proc EE by orb storm. Maybe we can do with CWDT+ light ball? But wave of conviction still there.
Oh how about cwdt + ball lighting, then self cast wave of conviction + hextoch?
Also can CWDT lv1 + spell like fire storm + power charge on crit work?

It's more for bossing. You lay down orb of storms, pop discharge, the CWDT firestorm and wave of conviction won't outlast orb of storms. You run in circles while your ignite ticks and orb of storms keeps reapplying EE.
Last edited by Dongaldo on Sep 24, 2020, 4:02:24 AM
I've been running this with Eye of Innocence and Abberath's Hooves.

The trick to using Abberath's is to replace a Kaom's Way with a Ngamahu's Sign preferably with 30 life on ignite, but it works all the way down to 24.

This will make you heal for 6 (if 30) when you ignite instead of taking 24 damage.

The reason Abberath's gibs you on cast with Eye of Innocence is that it makes new ignites every time something dies, unlike Ignite Prolif that is just a circle. A mob dieing with an ignite on with Abberath's will make a massive amount of new ignites depending on the mob density. So something dies and it ignites 20+ mobs? You're gonna get hit for 480+ damage, an entire pack doing that? You die.

Put on Ngamahu's Sign and you turn that potentially lethal ignite prolif into Life sustain. Healing 6 Life instead of taking 24 damage for each of those many ignites.

Using this setup I have gone for a slightly more aggressive CWDT setup, a bit more in line with the loops of the CWDT builds, using it for healing as well as charge generation.

(Abberath's Hooves proliferation is amazing for Delve, Incursions and maps with small rooms and/or corridors by the by)

Besides this I also carry around the Sunspite boots for zoom zoom and for bossing (With a second Kaom's Way to put on for max dps), getting the extra damage from self ignite and bumping the fire leech to 3%.

Finally I carry another ring around that I can switch in on a map to map basis.
Pyre, the solution to not getting oneshot from oneshotting an entire screen of porcupines.
Pyre is a little strange to use when used to Abberath's Hooves proliferation taking out things a screen and a half away from you. Where you want to run into the middle of the porcupines to Discharge instead of just at the edge of a pack. Since Pyre needs the actual hit from Discharge to make them disappear. (The more aggressive CWDT loop also helps here with hitting things)

So the setup is, Eye of Innocence for everything

- 2x Kaom's Way + Sunspite for bossing (Not really needed for map bosses, but more for endgame)

- Kaom's Way + Ngamahu's Sign + Abberath's Hooves for clear for maps with rooms/corridors, Heists, Delve and maps with Alva.

- Kaom's Way + Ngamahu's Sign + Sunspite for open maps with distance between packs

- Pyre + Ngamahu's Sign + Sunspite or Abberath's Hooves for maps with on death effects and Delirium mirrors.
"
bodhe wrote:

"
Shaghar wrote:
Fixed a bug causing the mana cost of Discharge to be significantly lower than the listed value on the skill gem.

now its gonna get a bit harder lol :)

We fine, will post an update once I can test a couple different solutions I have after see how it feels in practice.

I think Discharge on a 6L is currently costing 5 mana. On the gem it says 25. I think with all the links it should be 50/60, which I think will cause problems.

As a side note, looking on POB and comparing Realm Ender with Searing Touch, I was surprised to see that Searing Touch only provides 60k more DPS than Realm Ender (1.21M DPS vs 1.27M DPS for my character). This is interesting because 6L Realm Ender costs 40c vs Searing Touch 6L costing 4ex. The advantage of Searing touch is you don't need it to be 6L, since the +2 to level of fire gems is global, so you don't nevessarily need it to be 6L, if you have a 6: chest. Just thought I should point it out for the budget conscious :).

Great build BTW, I had a terrible start and didn't want to play the league, now with this character I'm back to the usual league start excitement :D.
Last edited by m0onknight on Sep 24, 2020, 6:20:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info