[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

yeh i also was having a rough start to the league so glad i rerolled to this. please update us with a plan for the mana changes asap for us :)
#StandardLivesMatter
Thank you for the guide! I am leveling this build right now and its a lot of fun!

I started with Juggernaut, as I play in SSF and I don't know how hard it's going to be to get Eye of Innocence, but ended up switching to Chieftain by the second lab. Juggs charge generation looks great on paper, but for this build it was a bit awkward for me, especially after getting Call to Arms and putting Enduring Cry on LMB. I would often run into situation when EC would go off between packs, and then I had to wait for 1-3 seconds to either get hit or EC going off cooldown. It was just clunky at times and I had to revert to useing EC manually.

With Chieftain there is no such issue as we constantly generate at very least 1 charge per second from Valako. It feels much smoother.

As for mana fix on Discharge, I think I will try going for Blood Magic at first. I know I will lose Skitterbots and it costs one more point than going for Dynamo, but with Blood Magic route I get 20% life increase and can drop Tireless and Quick Recovery clusters, as they are a bit inefficient. If you put aside cost reduction/mana regen you get only 37% life increase for 9 points from those clusters, thats only like 4.1% life per point. I coudl use those 9 points more efficiently if I go for Blood Magic.
Last edited by nefczi on Sep 24, 2020, 7:25:48 AM
"
Rinani wrote:
I've been running this with Eye of Innocence and Abberath's Hooves.

The trick to using Abberath's is to replace a Kaom's Way with a Ngamahu's Sign preferably with 30 life on ignite, but it works all the way down to 24.

This will make you heal for 6 (if 30) when you ignite instead of taking 24 damage.

The reason Abberath's gibs you on cast with Eye of Innocence is that it makes new ignites every time something dies, unlike Ignite Prolif that is just a circle. A mob dieing with an ignite on with Abberath's will make a massive amount of new ignites depending on the mob density. So something dies and it ignites 20+ mobs? You're gonna get hit for 480+ damage, an entire pack doing that? You die.

Put on Ngamahu's Sign and you turn that potentially lethal ignite prolif into Life sustain. Healing 6 Life instead of taking 24 damage for each of those many ignites.

Using this setup I have gone for a slightly more aggressive CWDT setup, a bit more in line with the loops of the CWDT builds, using it for healing as well as charge generation.

(Abberath's Hooves proliferation is amazing for Delve, Incursions and maps with small rooms and/or corridors by the by)

Besides this I also carry around the Sunspite boots for zoom zoom and for bossing (With a second Kaom's Way to put on for max dps), getting the extra damage from self ignite and bumping the fire leech to 3%.

Finally I carry another ring around that I can switch in on a map to map basis.
Pyre, the solution to not getting oneshot from oneshotting an entire screen of porcupines.
Pyre is a little strange to use when used to Abberath's Hooves proliferation taking out things a screen and a half away from you. Where you want to run into the middle of the porcupines to Discharge instead of just at the edge of a pack. Since Pyre needs the actual hit from Discharge to make them disappear. (The more aggressive CWDT loop also helps here with hitting things)

So the setup is, Eye of Innocence for everything

- 2x Kaom's Way + Sunspite for bossing (Not really needed for map bosses, but more for endgame)

- Kaom's Way + Ngamahu's Sign + Abberath's Hooves for clear for maps with rooms/corridors, Heists, Delve and maps with Alva.

- Kaom's Way + Ngamahu's Sign + Sunspite for open maps with distance between packs

- Pyre + Ngamahu's Sign + Sunspite or Abberath's Hooves for maps with on death effects and Delirium mirrors.

Very interesting, using abberaths sounds fun. What CWDT set up are you using?
I am unconvinced it's worth using Abberath's Hooves. And with zero links...Meh. It's for a different build.
I've just switched over to the setup Bodhe is trying out with the Flame Dash + Enduring Call being supported by Blood Magic in the chest and I'm pretty sure that is going to be enough of a change to accommodate for the Discharge mana increase. We won't even need Dynamo.

We'll have to wait for the patch to be released, of course, but I'm confident!
"
nefczi wrote:
Thank you for the guide! I am leveling this build right now and its a lot of fun!

I started with Juggernaut, as I play in SSF and I don't know how hard it's going to be to get Eye of Innocence, but ended up switching to Chieftain by the second lab. Juggs charge generation looks great on paper, but for this build it was a bit awkward for me, especially after getting Call to Arms and putting Enduring Cry on LMB. I would often run into situation when EC would go off between packs, and then I had to wait for 1-3 seconds to either get hit or EC going off cooldown. It was just clunky at times and I had to revert to useing EC manually.

With Chieftain there is no such issue as we constantly generate at very least 1 charge per second from Valako. It feels much smoother.

As for mana fix on Discharge, I think I will try going for Blood Magic at first. I know I will lose Skitterbots and it costs one more point than going for Dynamo, but with Blood Magic route I get 20% life increase and can drop Tireless and Quick Recovery clusters, as they are a bit inefficient. If you put aside cost reduction/mana regen you get only 37% life increase for 9 points from those clusters, thats only like 4.1% life per point. I coudl use those 9 points more efficiently if I go for Blood Magic.

The problem jugg with pack to pack and no charge, completely solve ..... attention ... doedre's elixir ... :D!
Last edited by kaienowaty on Sep 24, 2020, 9:26:26 AM
"
bodhe wrote:

Ah I got ya, didn't realize you were taking AoF as well.

I found this out when I used PoB to check how valuable Searing Touch was as an upgrade. I noticed that when I equipped it as my build is, I lost significant DPS over the Realm Ender. I knew this couldn't be right, so I assumed it was due to the cold-to-fire bonus on the cheaper staff. That's when I decided to check AoF and noticed the difference. If I check AoF with the Realm Ender, I actually lose damage.

Last edited by AranarthPoE on Sep 24, 2020, 9:37:37 AM
So I'm looking at playing this build, how necessary is Eye of Innocence? It's currently like 4ex alone.
I got one a few days ago for 2.3 ex (softcore)?
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
So I'm looking at playing this build, how necessary is Eye of Innocence? It's currently like 4ex alone.

I'm selfcasting enduring cry and pretty much clear yellow/red maps conveniently. Also, I'm able to get a fire dot/+1 to fire gem/dex amulet for some extra DPS

"
"
Provin915 wrote:
What will be the approximate crafting cost of the BiS staff?

You mean the one barely better than Searing Touch? Many exalts.

Is it only marginally better? Too bad; I'll probably try it later in the league then xD

"
bodhe wrote:
"
Provin915 wrote:
What will be the approximate crafting cost of the BiS staff?

TRUE BiS, mirriors worth, really effing good, 10-20ex depending on rng. I'm not a seasoned meta crafter, and we were all spoiled by the cheese crafting of harvest.

Someone probably knows a better way but

alt spam till +3 all fire gems ~250 alts
aug and regal, until you get something decent and a suffix (dream is +2 all spell gems) depending on how picky you are this step can be one and done or cost a few ex worth of alts/augs/regal to get a good combo, can also try an anull if you get 2 really good and 1 terrible and don't want to start over.

If you are magic and hit +3 and +2 with whatever suffix, unless perfect, craft prefixes can not be changed and scour it. 2ex

craft multi-mod 2ex - suffix
craft fire damage multi 4c - prefix
craft damage over time multi - 4c prefix

prefixes full, 1 open suffix. slam hunter exalt and try for faster burning.

Ah too much an investment atm. Currently sitting on ~7 ex, I'll just gradually upgrade my gear first since I still run some awful lvl 60 gear :P
Last edited by Provin915 on Sep 24, 2020, 10:31:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info