[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Provin915 wrote:
What will be the approximate crafting cost of the BiS staff?

TRUE BiS, mirriors worth, really effing good, 10-20ex depending on rng. I'm not a seasoned meta crafter, and we were all spoiled by the cheese crafting of harvest.

Someone probably knows a better way but

alt spam till +3 all fire gems ~250 alts
aug and regal, until you get something decent and a suffix (dream is +2 all spell gems) depending on how picky you are this step can be one and done or cost a few ex worth of alts/augs/regal to get a good combo, can also try an anull if you get 2 really good and 1 terrible and don't want to start over.

If you are magic and hit +3 and +2 with whatever suffix, unless perfect, craft prefixes can not be changed and scour it. 2ex

craft multi-mod 2ex - suffix
craft fire damage multi 4c - prefix
craft damage over time multi - 4c prefix

prefixes full, 1 open suffix. slam hunter exalt and try for faster burning.

"
oFractureD wrote:
Would you drop unbound ailments as the 6th if you only had a 5l to start with?

Yeah, but go buy a 6l realm shaper and the prophecy to upgrade it, mine cost 14c total.

"
Paintherapy wrote:

I'm using the latest pob community fork and the cluster version isnt show the full tree pathing, i can see what cluster jewels you chose, but idk what points you dropped to take them, thanks for your effort though

Hmm, dont know how to fix that.

did another export, try that? Shows up fine for me
https://pastebin.com/W35pdgV8

"
Shaghar wrote:
Fixed a bug causing the mana cost of Discharge to be significantly lower than the listed value on the skill gem.

now its gonna get a bit harder lol :)

We fine, will post an update once I can test a couple different solutions I have after see how it feels in practice.

Regarding the mana cost nerf (bug fix), the worst case is we drop skitter bots and take the blood magic keystone. So that is not an issue i guess.
"
LightningChan wrote:
Regarding the mana cost nerf (bug fix), the worst case is we drop skitter bots and take the blood magic keystone. So that is not an issue i guess.

My thoughts from the other night

My plan was for Dynamo to recover 20% our total mana every few seconds through the CWDT setup.

Should that fail, we can just change the cwdt to a 4L, CWDT - firestorm - WoC - molten shell

In our chest we can then do blood magic - EC - flamedash - second wind - increased duration. This will still keep 100% uptime of EC, save all of our mana for discharge, which should be covered by Dynamo.

If you prefer to manual cast molten shell for more reliable mana regen, swap blood rage in to the CWDT and numlock molten shell.

Absolute worst case scenario, drop dynamo. Grab mana reservation/aura cluster (dps boost too). Remove crit strikes from Orb of Storms, Add clarity to 11. Should have 65 unreserved mana, 48.4 mana regen per second. With our 1.5 cooldown that gives us 72.6 mana available per cast with a mana cost of 56. Either way we are fine.
"
bodhe wrote:

Hmm, dont know how to fix that.

did another export, try that? Shows up fine for me
https://pastebin.com/W35pdgV8

Now it works perfectly thank you, regarding the small cluster jewels, is the armor one with enduring composure (gain 1 endurance charge every second if you've been hit recently) not worth using?
thank you again for all your input
"
Paintherapy wrote:

Now it works perfectly thank you, regarding the small cluster jewels, is the armor one with enduring composure (gain 1 endurance charge every second if you've been hit recently) not worth using?

2 reasons I didn't pick the endurance charge one, I don't know if its stacks with the armor mod or not and I didn't want someone spending currency and it not working if they use crafted armor, and I was trying to keep life as close to 200% as possible.

If it stacks it would be nice, and 188% life in SC is fine if you keep phys reduction capped. Just didn't want the cluster version to be complete glass cannon.

Also, I'm kinda "over" charge generation, we have so much with Eye of innocence and replica ambu's its already overkill. We are 1:1 kills to endurance charge, so maps are instant full charges every pack. Bosses we gain enough through EC short cooldown to max out our charges between our 7 sec ignite. I'm half tempted to drop CWDT spells if I keep with Ambu's.
Last edited by bodhe on Sep 23, 2020, 11:53:51 PM
They fixed the mana issue in this newest patch today. Will have to see how it shakes out.
"
zipha wrote:

Fair enough, but we are not able to create frenzies on bosses either way, and this gives more damage for everything else.

Or am I missing something?

I'm using AoF now, it's work well in map, in some case we don't have endurance charge, frenzy will help alot. I also using Doedre flask for more charge when kill boss.

"
bodhe wrote:
"
LightningChan wrote:

My thoughts from the other night

My plan was for Dynamo to recover 20% our total mana every few seconds through the CWDT setup.

Should that fail, we can just change the cwdt to a 4L, CWDT - firestorm - WoC - molten shell

In our chest we can then do blood magic - EC - flamedash - second wind - increased duration. This will still keep 100% uptime of EC, save all of our mana for discharge, which should be covered by Dynamo.

If you prefer to manual cast molten shell for more reliable mana regen, swap blood rage in to the CWDT and numlock molten shell.

Absolute worst case scenario, drop dynamo. Grab mana reservation/aura cluster (dps boost too). Remove crit strikes from Orb of Storms, Add clarity to 11. Should have 65 unreserved mana, 48.4 mana regen per second. With our 1.5 cooldown that gives us 72.6 mana available per cast with a mana cost of 56. Either way we are fine.

I now think blood magic is quite solid choice. We will save 3 point, have some more life and more socket for losing 18% dmg from skitterbot.

"
Paintherapy wrote:

You can try it yourself. Personally i don't think we need it. More life/regen/damage is better.
About charge generation, Red nightmare will be my choice for mapping. And for boss, we don't really need that much charge regen cause our ignite last 7 second.

A question for whom got amulet. Does it gen charge quick when fighting boss?
Bloodmagic keystone to solve the very small mana issue is like hitting a house spider with a nuke; overkill, unnecessary, uncalled for etc lol. bloodmagic ( support) linked with EC and Flamedash solves those, and 3 points spent on mana reservation+ low level clarity solve Discharge mana cost.
18% LESS damage is giving up a LOT.

to answer the ammy question...you get 9 EC as soon as you get smacked and proc Firestorm, or use EC...which ever happens first kinda thing. Mapping the ammy is reaaaally helpful at ensuring you have 9 charges all the time, bosses its kind of a non issue, cuz they are worth so much " power" or whatever, one cry and you're full.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 24, 2020, 12:46:57 AM
"
Bloodmagic keystone to solve the very small mana issue is like hitting a house spider with a nuke; overkill, unnecessary, uncalled for etc lol. bloodmagic ( support) linked with EC and Flamedash solves those, and 3 points spent on mana reservation+ low level clarity solve Discharge mana cost.
18% LESS damage is giving up a LOT.

to answer the ammy question...you get 9 EC as soon as you get smacked and proc Firestorm, or use EC...which ever happens first kinda thing. Mapping the ammy is reaaaally helpful at ensuring you have 9 charges all the time, bosses its kind of a non issue, cuz they are worth so much " power" or whatever, one cry and you're full.

3 point can also give you ~10% dame with a nice jew/cluster.
But you're right. That just a solution if other way is not good enough.
Why not drop the few sources of added fire damage and take Elemental Equilibrium? It's huge boss DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info