[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Question:

I run this combined with Righteous Fire, so my enemies are Burning nearly allways. Does this make Immolate Support worth it? It's about 200-300 Fire DMG at Gem-lvl 20, so 4.5 x 250 = 1125 added Fire Damage for Discharge on average.
"
bodhe wrote:

It will never be a 40 million dps insta phase Sirus build but its clears quickly, is safe for bosses and does constant, consistent damage while you stay alive. Burn builds aren't for everyone. We can get around 3.5-4M DPS max but can lay down 20+ million damage while only interacting with the boss for 1 second every 7. It was nostalgic to me and wanted to give it a try.

It can be if you would invest 50+ ex in to the build: Get faruls fur, stormfire, Hrimburn, and Volls devotion (Volls so you can drop all the warcry nodes). It makes all your charges ignite and gives you charge generation for all 3. Then just get charges where ever you can like corrupting the gloves for 1 extra frenzy, boots for 1 extra endurance, the new staff with +1 endurance +1 power implicit, etc.

With really good gear, watchers eye etc. you could end up with 15-20mil ignite dps that way. You will be squishy like hell but if you want damage thats the way to go :p
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
zipha wrote:

And why do you take Flesh and stone? You have Unwavering so blind have no effect.

Hmm I didn't think of that, so what do you suggest to have beside Malevolence? Maybe just use Vitality?
"
zipha wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
zipha wrote:

And why do you take Flesh and stone? You have Unwavering so blind have no effect.

Hmm I didn't think of that, so what do you suggest to have beside Malevolence? Maybe just use Vitality?

Skitterbot for shock and the occasional chill. Or drop unwavering stance (kind of, annoying when you cancel the casts though. Could maybe be offset with some good belts with stun recovery thingie?)

I have also played around with the idea of arctic armour, but I'm not convinced that it's straight up "better" than skitters. As the chill comes AFTER you're hit anyways, so it's kind of too late then. BUT it could be "better" if you flame dash INTO a pack, at least you might chill the shit you dash over, maybe.

Edit: Or if you have phasing somewhere, you could run through shit and chill 'em
Last edited by Popmycherry on Sep 23, 2020, 9:24:19 AM
"
Popmycherry wrote:

Skitterbot for shock and the occasional chill. Or drop unwavering stance (kind of, annoying when you cancel the casts though. Could maybe be offset with some good belts with stun recovery thingie?)

I have also played around with the idea of arctic armour, but I'm not convinced that it's straight up "better" than skitters. As the chill comes AFTER you're hit anyways, so it's kind of too late then. BUT it could be "better" if you flame dash INTO a pack, at least you might chill the shit you dash over, maybe.

Edit: Or if you have phasing somewhere, you could run through shit and chill 'em

Yea I looked at arctic armour, it doesn't seem as nice as it sounds.
Really too bad that none of the heralds are worth it for us, usually there are plenty of aura's I would have loved to run, but with this setup what else could we desire.

I changed to bloodmagic from second wind on EC/BR, it works nicely, but the the CD is not as good again.. ahh maybe I could just use a decently high level clarity instead of all these shenangians ;)
"
zipha wrote:
"
Popmycherry wrote:

Yea I looked at arctic armour, it doesn't seem as nice as it sounds.
Really too bad that none of the heralds are worth it for us, usually there are plenty of aura's I would have loved to run, but with this setup what else could we desire.

I changed to bloodmagic from second wind on EC/BR, it works nicely, but the the CD is not as good again.. ahh maybe I could just use a decently high level clarity instead of all these shenangians ;)

I took Blood Magic on the tree..4 points for 20% hp and no mana issues, ever. Seemed strong to me.

Also, holy SHITTTTTT I never realized how bad this games AI is until I ACTUALLY WANTED TO GET HIT for charges. It's like...JUST FREAKING HIT ME SO I CAN KILL YOU, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY OR RUNNING IN A CIRCLE AS I APPROACH YOU?!?!?!?2

Also, IDK how you guys are playing this build without the 'Admonisher' cluster for warcry speed. As soon as I picked that cluster up, the build came ALIVE with speed, plus the Ailment remove is strong.
Last edited by Bradaw on Sep 23, 2020, 9:47:07 AM
"
Bradaw wrote:

I took Blood Magic on the tree..4 points for 20% hp and no mana issues, ever. Seemed strong to me.

Also, holy SHITTTTTT I never realized how bad this games AI is until I ACTUALLY WANTED TO GET HIT for charges. It's like...JUST FREAKING HIT ME SO I CAN KILL YOU, WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY OR RUNNING IN A CIRCLE AS I APPROACH YOU?!?!?!?2

Also, IDK how you guys are playing this build without the 'Admonisher' cluster for warcry speed. As soon as I picked that cluster up, the build came ALIVE with speed, plus the Ailment remove is strong.

I use Call to arm for instant warcry.
About blood magic, 20% life for 4 point is just 5% per point, and you have to drop skitter bot = 18% more dmg. I still think blood magic support is better.
"
Irongunner wrote:
You were writing about mana costs of Discharge. Mine only costs 3 mana at level 15 in a 4L. Have there been official posts about this (what seems to be a) bug and how they are going to fix it?

I reported it, I'm sure it will get patched at some point. I also posted a couple work around ideas a few pages back. Once they fix it we can test which one is best but we will be fine either way.

"
Stanner3108 wrote:
hey thanks for the build sharing bodhe, always wanted to revisit the scold's self cast discharge. this scratches some of the itch while being viable

need some discussions for build options, i see many people in trade site clamoring all over kaom's way, when you can get another ring(circle of guilt,regret, etc) at a similar price that has +1 EC and other stuff like resistances

+1 EC synthesised ring is a huge upgrade, albeit 4ex market price atm. got lucky with my purchase, but well worth considering the rarity of the rolls

anyone come across anomalous anger for its 20% burning damage?

also this is just the stupid me but im always wanting to make builds all map mods viable. so far reflect is doable, but monsters avoid ele ailments is tricky, trying with a glitterdisc but we have to sacrifice a ring for mokou's or boots for sunspite, also too much dps loss to justify
any possibility at all for ALL map mods or a pipe dream?

Kaom's way is(was) a really cheap way for the +1 charge and around 700 regen each ring. Pretty strong for our sustain, that being said, I still haven't upgraded. Level 91 with 2 Kaom's Sign and doing fine. A great rolled synthesized item in any slot can almost always be a huge upgrade but too random and rare to require in a guide. If you find/buy one that's an upgrade grab it!

As far as map mods, you can always craft a 100% reduced reflect, +1 socketed gems chest. For the aliment mod you are headed in the right direction but I couldn't justify the steps needed and the dps loss to get there for one mod.

I really wish GGG would just stop with the mods that make builds break. They could change them to "reduced effect" and it would be fine.

"
Bradaw wrote:

Blood magic keystone is a dps loss and not needed. We have multiple ways of fixing our mana once they patch the mana cost. Just waiting to see which one is most effective in practice before I update the guide. Probably just going to change CWDT setup to 4l, EC/Flame dash on BM. Can still keep increased duration on it for perm uptime, second wind for QoL. We don't spam orb of storms so it being on mana is fine. Worst case scenario we grab some reduced mana reservation nodes and pop in clarity.

Are you not using call to arms? I have it spec'd in the guide from 50 points on. I could never play a single warcry build without it. Such a huge QoL to just throw it on LMB and forget about it. Especially since we have 100% uptime on it and under 4 sec cool down.

"
bodhe wrote:
"
Irongunner wrote:
You were writing about mana costs of Discharge. Mine only costs 3 mana at level 15 in a 4L. Have there been official posts about this (what seems to be a) bug and how they are going to fix it?

I reported it, I'm sure it will get patched at some point. I also posted a couple work around ideas a few pages back. Once they fix it we can test which one is best but we will be fine either way.

"
Stanner3108 wrote:
hey thanks for the build sharing bodhe, always wanted to revisit the scold's self cast discharge. this scratches some of the itch while being viable

need some discussions for build options, i see many people in trade site clamoring all over kaom's way, when you can get another ring(circle of guilt,regret, etc) at a similar price that has +1 EC and other stuff like resistances

+1 EC synthesised ring is a huge upgrade, albeit 4ex market price atm. got lucky with my purchase, but well worth considering the rarity of the rolls

anyone come across anomalous anger for its 20% burning damage?

also this is just the stupid me but im always wanting to make builds all map mods viable. so far reflect is doable, but monsters avoid ele ailments is tricky, trying with a glitterdisc but we have to sacrifice a ring for mokou's or boots for sunspite, also too much dps loss to justify
any possibility at all for ALL map mods or a pipe dream?

Kaom's way is(was) a really cheap way for the +1 charge and around 700 regen each ring. Pretty strong for our sustain, that being said, I still haven't upgraded. Level 91 with 2 Kaom's Sign and doing fine. A great rolled synthesized item in any slot can almost always be a huge upgrade but too random and rare to require in a guide. If you find/buy one that's an upgrade grab it!

As far as map mods, you can always craft a 100% reduced reflect, +1 socketed gems chest. For the aliment mod you are headed in the right direction but I couldn't justify the steps needed and the dps loss to get there for one mod.

I really wish GGG would just stop with the mods that make builds break. They could change them to "reduced effect" and it would be fine.

"
Bradaw wrote:

Blood magic keystone is a dps loss and not needed. We have multiple ways of fixing our mana once they patch the mana cost. Just waiting to see which one is most effective in practice before I update the guide. Probably just going to change CWDT setup to 4l, EC/Flame dash on BM. Can still keep increased duration on it for perm uptime, second wind for QoL. We don't spam orb of storms so it being on mana is fine. Worst case scenario we grab some reduced mana reservation nodes and pop in clarity.

Are you not using call to arms? I have it spec'd in the guide from 50 points on. I could never play a single warcry build without it. Such a huge QoL to just throw it on LMB and forget about it. Especially since we have 100% uptime on it and under 4 sec cool down.

I guess I don't understand why we would want enduring cry to be on LMB when there are situations where we need to pop it to fill up charges quickly, it would suck to need to charge up on a boss but its on cooldown.
Which amulet annoints are you recommending? I was thinking about getting the 3rd endurance charge from duelist area from it, but I see that the latest version of the POB travels down there to grab Golem's Blood anyways. Disciple of the Unyielding seems to be a trap with the +1 minimum charge, as that should lower our Discharge damage. Growth and Decay looks interesting, but I am looking for a budget alternative for the meantime. I also thought about Overcharged for additional charge generation.
Last edited by Irongunner on Sep 23, 2020, 12:30:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info