[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

About guard skill, what's your opinion about immortal call? With incr duration and 5 endurance charge we will have 100% uptime. Our amulet will help us trigger lv20 cwdt (maybe lower lv if need). Yes we will have to check our gem slot for it :)
Also do you think glancing blow + red nightmare + gain charge on block can work?

IC eats our charges, I think it would make it clunky and dangerous. Go to cast, IC just proc'd and no charges available. Standing there in the middle of a pack taking ele damage getting poofed before you can get another cast off. Our ability to flamedash into the middle of a pack and know we will one shot the screen is just as much a defensive strategy as it is offensive.

In regards to block, I haven't given any thought to it myself but I know people are running it. I never find myself needing charges, if anything I'm sitting there with 9 charges watching my ignite go on for another 3 seconds.
Last edited by bodhe on Sep 23, 2020, 1:23:04 AM
Hi Bodhe,

First of all, thank you for this great guide. I have a question regarding your flask choice. You mention that wise oak is a great choice for fire pen, but to my knowledge, pen only works with hits. I am a old school guy so my information might be old, but I wanted to hear your understanding on this matter.

Thanks,

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the write up. I dove in and I love it. I leveled as Chieftan with Discharge from the get go. Was amazing. for any one wondering; no need to fuck around with fire ball or whatever.

"
LightningChan wrote:
Hi Bodhe,

First of all, thank you for this great guide. I have a question regarding your flask choice. You mention that wise oak is a great choice for fire pen, but to my knowledge, pen only works with hits. I am a old school guy so my information might be old, but I wanted to hear your understanding on this matter.

Thanks,

You are correct, my mistake. Not many flask work well for us, I guess we could throw in a granite. I'm running a basalt for now since I'm just under phys cap.

"
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the write up. I dove in and I love it. I leveled as Chieftan with Discharge from the get go. Was amazing. for any one wondering; no need to fuck around with fire ball or whatever.

Glad you like it, I switched after first lab and was fine on chieftain as well. I ran melee up until then.
You were writing about mana costs of Discharge. Mine only costs 3 mana at level 15 in a 4L. Have there been official posts about this (what seems to be a) bug and how they are going to fix it?
"
Irongunner wrote:
You were writing about mana costs of Discharge. Mine only costs 3 mana at level 15 in a 4L. Have there been official posts about this (what seems to be a) bug and how they are going to fix it?

and here I was happy I thought of 4L blood magic+ flame dash+ second wind+enduring cry, fixed running out of mana with enduring cry on left click....but ya, you're right. wtf? that has to be a bug. mine is 5 mana cost as well in a 6L searing touch. if/when it's fixed, we def gotta use Dynamo.
"
Irongunner wrote:

I was wondering about this too, I have my DC in a 6L and it cost only 5 mana. Its nice, but also wierd.

But generally there is quite a lot of mana use on this build for me, as I have Enduring cry every 3.5 second for 33 mana and flamedash 22 mana. I have to take "Shaper" to get the regen about right. I dont have any mana regen on my gear otherwise.

Other than that, I have 100% uptime on the Enduring cry buff, with this shield:

And just using a decent Opal scepter in main hand, but also using cluster jewel, that is kind of nice.

PoB tell me I got around 10 Milion Combined dps, works really great so far.
Running the main links in my chest, and have a different cwdt setup, but it works really nicely.

I went with Malevolence and Flesh and Stone, after having used the gems that was suggested at first.

Thanks for the guide, and yes, replica Ambu charge is really nice, even if I do not have that amulet yet, just cannot afford it so far.
hey thanks for the build sharing bodhe, always wanted to revisit the scold's self cast discharge. this scratches some of the itch while being viable

need some discussions for build options, i see many people in trade site clamoring all over kaom's way, when you can get another ring(circle of guilt,regret, etc) at a similar price that has +1 EC and other stuff like resistances

+1 EC synthesised ring is a huge upgrade, albeit 4ex market price atm. got lucky with my purchase, but well worth considering the rarity of the rolls

anyone come across anomalous anger for its 20% burning damage?

also this is just the stupid me but im always wanting to make builds all map mods viable. so far reflect is doable, but monsters avoid ele ailments is tricky, trying with a glitterdisc but we have to sacrifice a ring for mokou's or boots for sunspite, also too much dps loss to justify
any possibility at all for ALL map mods or a pipe dream?
"
zipha wrote:

But generally there is quite a lot of mana use on this build for me, as I have Enduring cry every 3.5 second for 33 mana and flamedash 22 mana. I have to take "Shaper" to get the regen about right. I dont have any mana regen on my gear otherwise.

I went with Malevolence and Flesh and Stone, after having used the gems that was suggested at first.

Try using blood magic for EC and forget about mana problem, at least for now.
And why do you take Flesh and stone? You have Unwavering so blind have no effect.

"
Stanner3108 wrote:

also this is just the stupid me but im always wanting to make builds all map mods viable. so far reflect is doable, but monsters avoid ele ailments is tricky, trying with a glitterdisc but we have to sacrifice a ring for mokou's or boots for sunspite, also too much dps loss to justify
any possibility at all for ALL map mods or a pipe dream?

I still oneshot myself in reflect map. In t16, map mod is 90% avoid aliment right?
I see you use alot of CWDT set up. Is this for life recover from Ngamahu?

@all: is there away to self ignite? Eye of Innocience give us 70% fire dmg and we was hit by fire damage alot. Maybe sunspire for 40% movement spd?
hey @ngtrungkhanh yea but the plan is to replace ngamahus with another +1EC ring, then a watchers eye with vitality GOH. relying on ignite recovery can lead to some freak deaths.

im at 85% reduce reflected and i can chip off mobs in reflect, i think at 95% i should be fine with watchers eye vitality. looking for a more elegant solution tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info