[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

Got my 6L in about 250 fusings. Feelsgoodman

Loving the build so far.

What's best chest piece for yellow/red mapping you think? Was thinking of going koam's. But not sure comparing belly, or replica ambu's.
Last edited by DuFFzbar on Sep 22, 2020, 2:46:49 PM
"
Paintherapy wrote:
What do you think of carcass jack? how does it compare to belly ?

Area Damage doesn't scale the ignite, so you only gain the AoE. Defensively its far worse and offers no armor which we need to max out physical damage reduction.

If you just want the biggest AoE discharge possible go for it.

"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Got my 6L in about 250 fusings. Feelsgoodman

Loving the build so far.

What's best chest piece for yellow/red mapping you think? Was thinking of going koam's. But not sure comparing belly, or replica ambu's.

YSOB! I'm jealous. I've dumped a pile into mine.

Replica Ambu's for the easiest charge gen ever since you have Eye of innocence. Otherwise belly so you can run the 5/6L CWDT for charge generation on bosses. If you don't care about charge gen then go full life mode with Kaom's
Last edited by bodhe on Sep 22, 2020, 2:59:31 PM
interesting thanks for the fast reply, I'm thinking of rerolling into this build just figuring out some stuff out
Got 6L Realm and 6L Searing Touch, atm with my gear, Realm make me lose DMG (on PoB)
going to keep him in bank for the moment

Maybe with the item who can change the Quality Text we can find a way to proc Power Charge and Benefit the 40% inc dmg for Discharge when we use all sort of charge

"
Discharge Default 20% increased Elemental Damage
Alternate Quality 1 40% increased Cast Speed
Alternate Quality 2 10% chance to deal Damage without removing Charges
Alternate Quality 3 40% increased Damage if three different Charge types removed
The dps seems really limited with ignite. You obviously can scale it many more times than what I have right now but the damage felt terrible on Awakener level 5 with my gear.

https://pastebin.com/yrdTu23B
"
Leemyungbak wrote:
Got 6L Realm and 6L Searing Touch, atm with my gear, Realm make me lose DMG (on PoB)
going to keep him in bank for the moment

Maybe with the item who can change the Quality Text we can find a way to proc Power Charge and Benefit the 40% inc dmg for Discharge when we use all sort of charge

"
Discharge Default 20% increased Elemental Damage
Alternate Quality 1 40% increased Cast Speed
Alternate Quality 2 10% chance to deal Damage without removing Charges
Alternate Quality 3 40% increased Damage if three different Charge types removed

We would have to spec AoF, which is fine, but some people are using a EE variant and would break those. It's only 20% increased over the stock quality. Which is about 2.5% more damage.

I think I am going to try the cast speed one, 40% which gets our cast time down to .5 sec from .63 sec. Hoping it makes it feel more snappy when casting.

"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
The dps seems really limited with ignite. You obviously can scale it many more times than what I have right now but the damage felt terrible on Awakener level 5 with my gear.

https://pastebin.com/yrdTu23B

It will never be a 40 million dps insta phase Sirus build but its clears quickly, is safe for bosses and does constant, consistent damage while you stay alive. Burn builds aren't for everyone. We can get around 3.5-4M DPS max but can lay down 20+ million damage while only interacting with the boss for 1 second every 7. It was nostalgic to me and wanted to give it a try.

Took advantage of the quick lab today to farm a few runs trying for my helm enchant, no dice.

However its a good example of how untouchable we are in there.

EZ mode lab run

also, dropped an exalted 1 run. woohoo!

"
bodhe wrote:

It will never be a 40 million dps insta phase Sirus build but its clears quickly, is safe for bosses and does constant, consistent damage while you stay alive. Burn builds aren't for everyone. We can get around 3.5-4M DPS max but can lay down 20+ million damage while only interacting with the boss for 1 second every 7. It was nostalgic to me and wanted to give it a try.

This probably important to keep in mind for folks wanting to try it. FWIW I've done fireball a ton, fireblast, arma brand, MI ignite, and tried the burning arrow rework and while this build also shares a fairly low damage celling in common with the other ignite skills, it's also much stronger than them for cheaper.

The only stronger ignites you're likely to get are from Divine Ire, and that costs a pretty penny to push into the stratosphere. You can absolutely do most everything in the game on 1 mil DPS, especially considering tons of people do it on Vortex builds that do less damage, or CA builds. Like other DoT builds, you can focus on mechanics while doing damage for the tradeoff of not doing 10 million DPS like a wander or juiced melee.

tl;dr- it's still a POE DoT with all that entails but a strong one.
Last edited by JoeODanger on Sep 22, 2020, 5:45:58 PM
Hello, trying this build from league start. I use 1 medium cluster jewel with Cooked Alive node for 100% chance to ignite and 1 small with Enduring Composure for generation charges. Looks pretty nice.
where does all the int required come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info