[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

With a replica ambu’s we get the aoe node, why don’t we just use one more point for the undying node? Minimum endurance and endurance charge on kill not worth the point?

Thanks for your active replies, helping a lot of us out!
"
Smerte wrote:
I'd definitely try Flame wall + fireball for early leveling.

I have to say that's a mistake to recommend. I started with this as Trickster and it was the lamest slowest most painful leveling experience I've had in ages. It blows ass.
"
Clow wrote:
With a replica ambu’s we get the aoe node, why don’t we just use one more point for the undying node? Minimum endurance and endurance charge on kill not worth the point?

The minimum endurance charge is actually a big nerf to Discharge because the damage comes from expending the charges. That stat prevents one charge from being consumed for damage.
"
Zunova wrote:
Hi there !
I just got a small cluster jewel with Enduring composure. Isn't it better than the amulet for charge generation ?
It opens amu slot for more stats too

I plan on doing this as well. I think it is the right way to go as it opens up tons of gear choices.
"
Bradaw wrote:
"
Zunova wrote:
Hi there !
I just got a small cluster jewel with Enduring composure. Isn't it better than the amulet for charge generation ?

I plan on doing this as well. I think it is the right way to go as it opens up tons of gear choices.

That's probably how I'm going to go, too. I picked up a Red Dream and it handles mapping 100% by itself and Cry still maxes you vs bosses combined with the helm enchant and chieftain ascendency generation.
"
Bradaw wrote:

If you guys put together a cluster jewel version I will add it to the guide. What gear choices does it open up? Switching from Innocence to Yoke? That's how I started the build, with a craft +skill gems ammy end game but didn't want to struggle with charges on bosses.

Enduring cry gives 4 charges on a boss.

If Jugg and you don't hit your lotto its going to take 3 EC cast per discharge, to max out, that's almost 12 seconds, nearly 2 full DPS cycles, so your actual dps is 50%ish less if you aren't burning for half the fight. Or popping non-max discharges.

On chieftain 2 EC for 11 charges, with valako providing the extras. So just under 8 seconds which still leaves DPS on the table with a 6.51 sec ignite duration.

If its a boss you can take some hits on then its not big deal, just face tank and generate the missing ones during the ignite, but if Sirus or something I don't think that's a good game plan. A lot of the damage in that fight is degen also, which wont proc a charge.
Last edited by bodhe on Sep 21, 2020, 9:30:04 PM
"
Clow wrote:

Why AOE node? Is 24% AOE and 1.8% life regen worths 3 point?

"
Zunova wrote:
Hi there !

For charge generation, you can also use red dream for mapping. And i think we don't really need amulet now with ~ 4ex price.

"
muzindeod wrote:
Hey guys, i started the league with this build and it feels amazing. Really smooth gameplay, good damage, amazing survivability. 87 JUGG here, crusing through yellow maps ATM. Using eye of innocence and a 5l searing touch. No CWDT setup, just enduring cry generates enough charges for me, i basically have 9 up at all times.
After reading the most recent posts, i see no reason to stay as a jugg and intend to respec into chieftain for more damage and regen. With ambu's replicas i can even get the aoe per endurance charge nodes, so it shouldnt really affect the clear, and the dps will be much higher. Also, the 100% to fire res should help alot, since this build uses a ton of uniques.
Anyone here playing as jugg disagrees? if so, why?

disclaimer: english is not my native language please be kind.

my POB atm https://pastebin.com/YXVrPDj9

I'm a Jug here. Jug have bigger AOE so i will keep as it until i feel lack of damage. But the problem is i have to use Doedre's Elixir for charge generation without getting hit.
Cheked in pob, if switch to Cheftan i will have ~40% more dps, double life regen, but i will lose 7 AOE (from 37 to 30), ~ 20% more damage taken. Not sure about life regen because jug have physical dmg prevent regen as life.
Maybe i'll switch to cheftan if i don't have enough damage for boss.

"
Popmycherry wrote:
Am I going crazy, or does a 6l Realm Ender actually do more dmg (both ignite and initial) than a Searing Touch 6l? Cus if I'm not doing anything wrong in PoB, it sure does seem like it? I only have 18-19 gems, but I did try putting them to 20 as well, and still the same.

Or is PoB somehow not counting in the 50% fire dot multiplier from Searing Touch?

If i don't have frenzy charge, searing touch give me 20% more damage. Even with 3 frenzy charge and avatar of fire, searing touch give me 4% more. Searing touch also bost other skill damage like Amageon brand or RF.
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Sep 21, 2020, 10:08:01 PM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Clow wrote:

Why AOE node? Is 24% AOE and 1.8% life regen worths 3 point?

I haven’t a clue if it is or not, I’m just going by what the guide says and what builds on Poe ninja are doing.

Maybe Bodhe or someone else can give an explanation.
Last edited by Clow on Sep 21, 2020, 10:03:03 PM
"
Clow wrote:

I haven’t a clue if it is or not, I’m just going by what the guide says and what builds on Poe ninja are doing.

Maybe Bodhe or someone else can give an explanation.

There are other options if you don't want the AoE and Regen.

Life - Grab life nodes
Damage - Start heading to Heart of flame
Bit of both - jewel socket

I just grabbed them to cancel out the degen on the armor and gain some more AoE. We get 9 charges in cheap gear, 10 or 11 later so 27-33% increased AoE which gives +4/5 radius. Versus the 3 AoE nodes at Templar which is 30% total, or 10% per node and lacks regen, so more efficient than those 3.
Man, i got eye of innocence and this build fuckin awesome !!! i dont spend too much money but tier 14-15 like a cake bro. This build so powerful. Congrats, lets go level 100 !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info