3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

I'm interested in trying this out as a 2nd build for the league.
I've seen a few variations of BF/BB floating around and am wondering: what's the main difference between Chieftain and assassin or scion route? Just tankiness and ele conv?
For all who wondering this is my gear now

on Tradeleague, lvl 91, and blasting trought t13 maps, i rarly go under 50% life, and if, i am full in less then a second, i died twice to degen effects in maps, mostly because i was braindead looking at my gear or something, bosses on t13 survive like 5 seconds at max, conq 10 secs, and i am far away from full gear, and missing anointment. So yea, this build is very OP.

has anybody an advice how you can kill Atziri, Queen of the Vaal with this build?
could it work with a body armour with "You and your Minions take 100% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage"?
"
Mutcha wrote:
For all who wondering this is my gear now

on Tradeleague, lvl 91, and blasting trought t13 maps, i rarly go under 50% life, and if, i am full in less then a second, i died twice to degen effects in maps, mostly because i was braindead looking at my gear or something, bosses on t13 survive like 5 seconds at max, conq 10 secs, and i am far away from full gear, and missing anointment. So yea, this build is very OP.

I'm in the same boat as you, I love this build and my gear is far from being optimized, but it is tanky as hell and I don't even have glancing blows/life recovery shield yet. Also really need a trigger wep craft but unveiling is being really harsh to me this league.

Question, how is it without soultether and corrupted soul keystone? Posting from my phone at work so I hope this format comes out right. Also ailment immunity? Thoughts? I'm at about 70% right now if I remember correctly.

Edit: only in yellow maps but I bought a t12 bazaar for ailment immunity recipe and it was also a breeze.
Last edited by Tramazings on Jan 19, 2021, 12:41:04 PM
why are we linking ancestral call to vig strike? is vig actually doing any decent damage or is it just to proc fortify?

wouldnt dropping that for the increased duration on cwdt be more beneficial?
Last edited by jjmccaw on Jan 19, 2021, 1:38:06 PM
Wondering if dropping 2 ex is worth it right now for the Glorious Vanity Keystone.

Do these timeless jewels usually drop in price after first week or two?

Wondering if I should just keep saving for explode chest / medium thread of hope.
"
Pizaro97 wrote:
Wondering if dropping 2 ex is worth it right now for the Glorious Vanity Keystone.

Wondering if I should just keep saving for explode chest / medium thread of hope.

they usually drop but i feel like the economy this league is weird. its a defensive buff so if you feel lacking there i'd save, but if your clear feels lacking go with the chest
loving the build! my gear is fairly decent and i got lucky with a few crafts

gonna work on crafting an amulet with harvest as that's such a huge dps upgrade. xibaqua is still good right? im overcapped on chaos res so it would be easy to fit in. not sure how helpful it would be tho as the main issue is phys dmg from something like minatour
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
Pizaro97 wrote:

they usually drop but i feel like the economy this league is weird. its a defensive buff so if you feel lacking there i'd save, but if your clear feels lacking go with the chest

they go up. hardcore economy, when the desired defencive strongholds get more sort after the price rises.
@DUKE_OF_SNUFF What do you think about swapping inspiration support in chest with concentrated effect support? In case we dont have mana problems ofc cuz i tested without inspiration and have 0 mana problems. Any other better alternatives to inspiration if we have no mana problems?

Build is insane indeed, i am running through content like its cake,and im tanky af.

A few recommendations from me:
1.Consider fingerless silk gloves for the spell dmg implicit, esp if u cant afford cast speed shaper gloves yet, ofc these 2 combined would be best
2. Since we dont need freeze/ignite immune, use one flask with "of Quickening" for 12% cast speed, its very good.
3. Abyss jewel on belt having +to fire damage to spells while wielding a shield is the most important mod imo, life and phasing is nice yes but onslaught is kinda useless esp if u already have a flask that grants it like cinderswallow. Also +cold/lightning to spells while wielding a shield is also nice but its half as nice as fire cuz of Avatar of Fire
Nice suffixes are 4% cast speed or 7% cast speed if u dealt crit recently
4. Since we dont need fire resistance (cuz of ascendancy), i currently have 137 cold 183 lightning res (157-203 with the endurance charges up).
So consider using pure int shield for extra spell damage implicit or even int/dex base would be better for the dodge spell/attack chance implicits than using str/int for resistances.
Even more so right now, if u have fire res on any piece u can easily swap it to lightning/cold with harvests.
Do NOTE that only dex/int, str/int or int base shields can roll spell damage/cast speed
4.MOST IMPORTANT ONE :

Use Misery essence for easy 28% cast speed on wep and craft ur weapon from there, believe it or not the build becomes 2x better with that cast speed there, and in general cast speed is insane(not only it gives crazy damage but also crazy mobility). And it is fairly easy to get a wand close to what i have here before going for mirror tier wep.
Last edited by dsintegrate on Jan 19, 2021, 9:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info