3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

Any reason we would not use an explode wand over explode chest?
Decided to go ahead and start leveling this yesterday. Got to act 9 and spammed blood aqueducts for a bit before heading to bed.
I have go this say this is some good fun, the Herald explosions make me a very happy man with the automaton effect.

I might of missed it in the guide skimming it over but once I get to maps what are my main upgrade priorities?
I have around 10ex from mapping with my previous character and am trying to decide what my best investment would be.
"
Decided to go ahead and start leveling this yesterday. Got to act 9 and spammed blood aqueducts for a bit before heading to bed.
I have go this say this is some good fun, the Herald explosions make me a very happy man with the automaton effect.

I might of missed it in the guide skimming it over but once I get to maps what are my main upgrade priorities?
I have around 10ex from mapping with my previous character and am trying to decide what my best investment would be.

You can check my chieftain and go from there, i started him 3-4 days ago so he is still pretty cheaply geared for a trade league. Ofc this is SSF of mine but if u get similar gear you will be a beast and have dmg//survival for all content. With that gear u see i already did elder shaper sirus a8 uber elder all conquerors all shaper/elder guardians easy maven's 10 fights(havent got to fight her yet tho) and pretty much running through maps like its paper. t16 bosses die within 2-3 blade falls+blast.
Spend 1-2 ex for explodey chest
Spend some currency for Misery essences and maybe a warlord base wand/sceptre ilvl84
Most importantly get a shaper shield with recover life when block/life/spell damage
Concentration elder helm would be good too

The rest u can have random items pretty much, since u wont need fire res and will have way too many of lightning and cold res, they are not even that important.

So with 2-5 ex u can get a similar to my SSF gear and shit on all content easily, super fast and be tanky af, and from there u can build slowly into expensive gear.

Also i recomment getting good enough cast speed (check my essence cast speed wep) to be able to do a blade fall > bladeblast > blade fall combo. With enough cast speed u can trigger 2 sets of blades and this is very important damage wise for bossing.
Last edited by dsintegrate on Jan 20, 2021, 11:27:25 AM
i think you underestimate prices by a lot. 6l explode chest is 8ex on it's own and a shield with high spell damage and life on block is 5ex+ and they mostly have rubbish life

yes he can get decent items to farm high reds easily but don't give him unrealistic expectations
Oh I already looked up prices on a lot of things. For an explody chest I'd even think that would be worth investing it's easily at least 15-20ex (life, explode, resist)

I'm mostly just curious if the chest should be my first big item or if I should just get a Scepter or amulet (or w/e) instead. Or possibly just try crafting.
Explode chest is just a huge qol for mapping, there are more substantial upgrades for sure before that. Before I got mine, clear was already amazing with Anger, it just elevates it into a whole new dimension ha.
"
crazypearce wrote:
i think you underestimate prices by a lot. 6l explode chest is 8ex on it's own and a shield with high spell damage and life on block is 5ex+ and they mostly have rubbish life

yes he can get decent items to farm high reds easily but don't give him unrealistic expectations

Ye but i said smh like mine, and if u check mine it just gives me explodey and nothing else worth for me, the life i crafted and it works wonders for some1 like him before going for 20+ ex chests

I dont even need the lightning res cuz i already have 203 with endurance charges up, so i reckon he can easily go without it aswell
Last edited by dsintegrate on Jan 20, 2021, 3:51:40 PM
I liked that you went over crafting. For the explody chest, what ilvl will work at minimum? I have an iLvl 73 crusader chest. Can I roll it?
"
centrumsilver wrote:
I liked that you went over crafting. For the explody chest, what ilvl will work at minimum? I have an iLvl 73 crusader chest. Can I roll it?

No, needed ilvl is 85 to be able to roll it, u can check here: poedb.tw even then it is extremely hard to roll it. IE i needed 1000+ alterations for a roll. But the most cost efficient way to get it is by fossils. Check craftofexile.com for best ways to get it with fossils.
Last edited by dsintegrate on Jan 20, 2021, 5:24:14 PM
Hi i really have problems with the minotaur (he has elemental resist and i cant do damgae to him) Any suggestions what i am doing wrong ?
(my gear or build)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info