[3.14] Tectonic Slam+Earthshatter 2H Chieftain, 20mil Damage slam, Screen-wide AoE, 2.5k HP/s regen

Hello,
I am interested in starting the build, but need to know a few things before hand.

1. You write "- 1000/s life leech". Where is the life leech in this build ? I didnt find it in the guide. You are using Soul raker on amulet right now, but nothing is in guide. I know it one shots everything, but that is not answer. There is alot ranged damage in this game.

2. Ive played some EQ build very long ago with Marohi Erqi and it was simply no fun due to the low attack speed. How is it with this build ?

3. Is there any special reason, that you dont use tectonic slam this league ?
Last edited by Kharadas on Oct 3, 2020, 4:42:20 AM
"
Kharadas wrote:
Hello,
I am interested in starting the build, but need to know a few things before hand.

1. You write "- 1000/s life leech". Where is the life leech in this build ? I didnt find it in the guide. You are using Soul raker on amulet right now, but nothing is in guide. I know it one shots everything, but that is not answer. There is alot ranged damage in this game.

2. Ive played some EQ build very long ago with Marohi Erqi and it was simply no fun due to the low attack speed. How is it with this build ?

Hey, Kharadas

1. Anoint, cluster jewels, Vitality watcher's eye, Elemental damage with attacks alternative quality gem, Timeless jewels and probably some other places you can get it.

2. We don't really have a lot of attack speed as well. It's nice to have but overall it's not very useful. I have been getting good feedback where people are really enjoying the build. You can read some previous comments here.

3. I use both - Tectonic slam and Earthshatter. I have not bought a second mace and I switch gems manually for now.
"
9v1d0 wrote:
"
Kharadas wrote:
Hello,

Hey, Kharadas

1. Anoint, cluster jewels, Vitality watcher's eye, Elemental damage with attacks alternative quality gem, Timeless jewels and probably some other places you can get it.

2. We don't really have a lot of attack speed as well. It's nice to have but overall it's not very useful. I have been getting good feedback where people are really enjoying the build. You can read some previous comments here.

3. I use both - Tectonic slam and Earthshatter. I have not bought a second mace and I switch gems manually for now.

Thanks for the answer.
I was asking about life leech and nothing expensive like watcher's eye. So it has to be an anoint then, ok.

How many endurance charges are ok damage(from your own experience) with this weapon, if you lets say just want to map until T13-T15 for start ?
Last edited by Kharadas on Oct 3, 2020, 9:35:11 AM
Hi, what do you think about alternate quality gems in this build? They can give really good bonuses
"
Kharadas wrote:

Thanks for the answer.
I was asking about life leech and nothing expensive like watcher's eye. So it has to be an anoint then, ok.

How many endurance charges are ok damage(from your own experience) with this weapon, if you lets say just want to map until T13-T15 for start ?

I jumped straight into red maps at level 71 and didn't have much trouble even with 5, (using earthshatter and multiple warcries to detonate), but now, with 9 endurance charges even tectonic slam is working fine with lvl 18 support gems. That is, unless you run up against a lot of ranged mobs and especially if they have multi proj map mod.
In heists, those ranged mobs can be deadly to this build. I have 6200+ life, 85% phys dam reduction and capped resists and still get destroyed in heists that are 5 levels below my level. That has made me stop using this guy in heists because it sucks attacking them from across the screen, slowly whittling down the numbers. I wasn't even dying all the time but green lightning guys, the brown orb guys or packs of ranged blues can almost instantly kill me so I stopped using this guy outside of maps.

I ended up needing soul raker as well for the mana leech. But your concerns are valid, this build is painfully slow to play. Even sacrificing some health for something like Devoto's still only gets the attack time down to .93 for me. It's cool to blast an entire screen but more like attack then do nothing for several seconds as you traverse to the next screen of mobs. The build is solid but if you want something even "normal" speed I would say ditch the endurance charge rings/Tidebreaker and try to find a high end axe. I ran earthshatter last league with an axe and it felt way better to play just because of the attack speed.
"
hogscraper wrote:
"
Kharadas wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

I jumped straight into red maps at level 71 and didn't have much trouble even with 5, (using earthshatter and multiple warcries to detonate), but now, with 9 endurance charges even tectonic slam is working fine with lvl 18 support gems. That is, unless you run up against a lot of ranged mobs and especially if they have multi proj map mod.
In heists, those ranged mobs can be deadly to this build. I have 6200+ life, 85% phys dam reduction and capped resists and still get destroyed in heists that are 5 levels below my level. That has made me stop using this guy in heists because it sucks attacking them from across the screen, slowly whittling down the numbers. I wasn't even dying all the time but green lightning guys, the brown orb guys or packs of ranged blues can almost instantly kill me so I stopped using this guy outside of maps.

I ended up needing soul raker as well for the mana leech. But your concerns are valid, this build is painfully slow to play. Even sacrificing some health for something like Devoto's still only gets the attack time down to .93 for me. It's cool to blast an entire screen but more like attack then do nothing for several seconds as you traverse to the next screen of mobs. The build is solid but if you want something even "normal" speed I would say ditch the endurance charge rings/Tidebreaker and try to find a high end axe. I ran earthshatter last league with an axe and it felt way better to play just because of the attack speed.

I can see where you're coming from, it's not a zoom-zoom build per se.

But I find that with devoto's you kind of get into a rythm where you oneshot a screen with chaining explosions, and while that's going on you dash along with the wave of tectonic slam to the next screen.

With clever use of your dash/speed flasks I'm actually finding the clear speed to be very decent.

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is the earthshatter mechanic.
Sometimes it feels like I am oneshotting bosses, and other times eartshatter seems to do very little damage.

I suppose earthshatter is a rotaion-based thing where you pop all warcries, slam 3 times, pop flasks and then detonate?

Or are you supposed to weave earthshatter slams in between cries?
"
Dimath wrote:
Hi, what do you think about alternate quality gems in this build? They can give really good bonuses

Hello Dimath,
I went through the list of Alternate quality gems and here is the list of the ones I thought might be useful:
Probably good:
- Anger: increased Movement Speed
- Earthshatter: chance to create an additional Fissure
- Seismic Cry: 40% increased Warcry Speed <-> Exerted Attacks deal 10% increased Damage
- Intimidating Cry: 40% increased Warcry Speed <-> Exerted Attacks deal 10% increased Damage
- Cast when Damage Taken Support: Supported Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
- Molten Shell: Buff can take additional Damage equal to 5% of your Armour
- Combustion Support: Supported Skills deal 20% increased Fire Damage + Ignites from Supported Skills deal Damage 10% slower

Maybe:
- Fist of War Support: reduced Attack Speed / increased Damage
- Pulverise Support: less Attack Speed / more Melee Area Damage
- Infernal Cry: 40% increased Warcry Speed <-> Exerted Attacks deal 10% increased Damage

"
Yendis wrote:
"
hogscraper wrote:
"
Kharadas wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

I can see where you're coming from, it's not a zoom-zoom build per se.

But I find that with devoto's you kind of get into a rythm where you oneshot a screen with chaining explosions, and while that's going on you dash along with the wave of tectonic slam to the next screen.

With clever use of your dash/speed flasks I'm actually finding the clear speed to be very decent.

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is the earthshatter mechanic.
Sometimes it feels like I am oneshotting bosses, and other times eartshatter seems to do very little damage.

I suppose earthshatter is a rotaion-based thing where you pop all warcries, slam 3 times, pop flasks and then detonate?

Or are you supposed to weave earthshatter slams in between cries?

That is true that damage fluctuates by A LOT. The main things to watch for that are Seismic cry (from 30% up to 150% more damage) and Ngamahu, Flame's Advance (60% more damage).
Check the "Gameplay explained" at the top of the guide for the mechanics.
Quick question, how do the warcrys get instant?
I'm having a great time with this build, the clear speed on tectonic slam is really good. Even managed to get a 2nd Tidebreaker pretty early, by scrounging up the div card, although I've only managed to 5-link them so far, with Infernal Cry 6-linked on chest.

I will say that it's a build where I'm really glad I watched the YouTube guide to get a sense of how you're supposed to play it. It's not necessarily the most intuitive playstyle for me.
It took me a lot of time to get into the rhythm of slam-warcry-slam-warcy, while paying attention to which warcries still have exerts left, and making sure not to waste Seismic Cry's 150% boost on the last exert by using it too early.
It also always takes me a few seconds to adjust when I switch to Earthshatter. The rhythm there is slam-warcry-slam-warcry, which mathematically is the same rhythm as Tectonic Slam but I think Earthshatter's animation timing is different, so it can really throw me off.

In short, it's a good build but can be challenging to adjust to and I would recommend it for players with at least one or two leagues under their belt. There are too many different mechanics necessary for me to recommend it to a newbie as a league starter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info