-

"
clozzer wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

After 2 seconds, you're now at 20 stacks of 10% of your ES max, which means you're now at a +16% difference.

It wouldn't be possible that you are always at zero ES with this setup.

What do you mean? Blood Rage also does 4% of your life as physical damage. If you don't believe me try it out yourself lol. I'm 100% always at 0 ES.
The ES leech gem doesn't give you the extra more multiplier for leeching life.

So you're trying to tell me that with ES leech gem slotted, you're still at 0 ES 100% of the time you run Blood Rage?

That doesn't seem mathematically possible.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
clozzer wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

After 2 seconds, you're now at 20 stacks of 10% of your ES max, which means you're now at a +16% difference.

It wouldn't be possible that you are always at zero ES with this setup.

What do you mean? Blood Rage also does 4% of your life as physical damage. If you don't believe me try it out yourself lol. I'm 100% always at 0 ES.
The ES leech gem doesn't give you the extra more multiplier for leeching life.

So you're trying to tell me that with ES leech gem slotted, you're still at 0 ES 100% of the time you run Blood Rage?

That doesn't seem mathematically possible.

I'm not saying that I'm leeching life. I'm leeching ES, since I'm 100% of the time at 0 ES. That's how it works right?

Blood Rage should do about 200 dmg per second to me = always 0 ES, since I leech like what 20 ES a second?

Just try it out yourself. If you don't have magically a ton of phys dmg reduction you should be at 0 ES as well. Just use it for a map. I could make a video but that seems like too much trouble if you could just use that gem and see for yourself.

"
clozzer wrote:
I'm not saying that I'm leeching life. I'm leeching ES, since I'm 100% of the time at 0 ES. That's how it works right?

Blood Rage should do about 200 dmg per second to me = always 0 ES, since I leech like what 20 ES a second?

Just try it out yourself. If you don't have magically a ton of phys dmg reduction you should be at 0 ES as well. Just use it for a map. I could make a video but that seems like too much trouble if you could just use that gem and see for yourself.

No, you shouldn't be leeching just 20 ES a second. You should be leeching like 20 ES every 0.1 seconds. Which means after 10 leech stacks are created, which happens in one second, you should then be leeching 100% of your ES back in that one second.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 23, 2020, 11:40:09 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
No, you shouldn't be leeching just 20 ES a second. You should be leeching like 20 ES every 0.1 seconds. Which means after 10 leech stacks are created, which happens in one second, you should then be leeching 100% of your ES back in that one second.

There is a maximum recovery from ES leech per second, same as life leech, which is 10% of max ES by default. So if you have 200 ES, your leech can only give u 20 ES per second max, even if u deal 100M of dps. So you will always be at 0 ES with blood rage
"
niksxs wrote:
What would you guys prefer?
Buy a carcass and try to 5-link it atleast
or get a tabu first for 6link?

gonna quote myself :D
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

There is a maximum recovery from ES leech per second, same as life leech, which is 10% of max ES by default. So if you have 200 ES, your leech can only give u 20 ES per second max, even if u deal 100M of dps. So you will always be at 0 ES with blood rage
Yeah, except Blood Rage isn't doing anything to ES.

Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 24, 2020, 12:09:47 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Well, obviously, energy leech is not supposed to be used with divine flesh
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Well, obviously, energy leech is not supposed to be used with divine flesh
So we're supposed to give up our Broadsides and a chance to reach 6 overlaps, along with a defensive layer of increased elemental and chaos damage mitigation... for like +800k DPS that relies on leeching.

Or he can just get 10% more AoE and go from 5 overlaps to 6, which is like +1.8M DPS?

Again, doesn't sound like a choice to me. Figure out how to get that 1 more radius.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 24, 2020, 12:19:46 AM
How can I tell how much aoe I have to calculate how close I am to 5 or 6 overlaps? Is there a specific line item in POB?
"
SkylerOG wrote:
So we're supposed to give up our Broadsides and a chance to reach 6 overlaps, along with a defensive layer of increased elemental and chaos damage mitigation... for like +800k DPS that relies on leeching.

Or he can just get 10% more AoE and go from 5 overlaps to 6, which is like +1.8M DPS?

Again, doesn't sound like a choice to me. Figure out how to get that 1 more radius.

I was replying simply to point out that the ES leech + blood rage method actually works. Not trying to enter a discussion regrading how to optimize the build, its your own choice anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info