-

"
Sorry to be a dumb dumb, but i'm still confused by OPs PoB tree? They said clusters arent as good but are still using them as well as using "Thread of Hope"
Spoiler
but not actually using it to select any passives not being connected to their tree?
Look at the furthest outside purple ring. He's got 3 passives from Potency of Will and 1 from Profane Chemistry that are selected due to Thread of Hope.

I also like adding Harrier to it, too. But that's just my preference I guess.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 23, 2020, 1:32:20 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Remi, you really need to fix your wording in OP about clusters. That’s like the 6th person now who seems to incorrectly think this build isn’t supposed to have cluster jewels any longer. It’s going to get irritating continually repeating that this is incorrect and you were only referring to a specific cluster affix that is no longer on par with the goals of the build.

For those who are confused, yes, you absolutely do want clusters with this build. You just want Temp Arrowheads and Broadside on the 2 large, and Student of Decay and Wicked Pall or Brewed for potency on the medium clusters (I personally do 4 Student of Decay and then 2 wicked pall and 2 brewed for potency).

And for anyone confused about ToH, you also do want a very large ring Thread of Hope as it is extremely important and the only viable way to get Potency of Will and Harrier, which are massive damage boosts as well as great QoL from +duration on other skills, and very much worth the cost.

Since I missed delirium league can you explain to me how many cluster in total? 2 large and 2 medium? Is that right?

While on the subject, the skills points that I usually spend on my passive tree, some will be spent for those cluster jewels instead right?

Ty for the answers
Last edited by Ma23ck on Sep 23, 2020, 2:14:01 PM
"
Ma23ck wrote:
Spoiler
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Remi, you really need to fix your wording in OP about clusters. That’s like the 6th person now who seems to incorrectly think this build isn’t supposed to have cluster jewels any longer. It’s going to get irritating continually repeating that this is incorrect and you were only referring to a specific cluster affix that is no longer on par with the goals of the build.

For those who are confused, yes, you absolutely do want clusters with this build. You just want Temp Arrowheads and Broadside on the 2 large, and Student of Decay and Wicked Pall or Brewed for potency on the medium clusters (I personally do 4 Student of Decay and then 2 wicked pall and 2 brewed for potency).

And for anyone confused about ToH, you also do want a very large ring Thread of Hope as it is extremely important and the only viable way to get Potency of Will and Harrier, which are massive damage boosts as well as great QoL from +duration on other skills, and very much worth the cost.

Since I missed delirium league can you explain to me how many cluster in total? 2 large and 2 medium? Is that right?

While on the subject, the skills points that I usually spend on my passive tree, some will be spent for those cluster jewels instead right?

Ty for the answers
It's 2 large clusters w/ temp arrows heads + broadside (w/ 2 jewel sockets and 8-9 max passives each) and 4 medium clusters w/ Student of Decay, and then any combination of 4 of Wicked Pall and/or Brewed for Potency (w/ 1 jewel socket and 4-5 max passives each).

And again, for the 4 medium clusters, I personally like doing 4 Student of Decay, and then 2 with Wicked Pall and 2 with Brewed for Potency. But that's just my preference. Some people like doing 4 Wicked Pall for all the damage they give. But I like my flasks to always have charges, so I like having a couple Brewed for Potency.

That's it for the clusters. And then in the 4 open jewel sockets left on the medium clusters, you add regular jewels and try to get 5-7% maximum life + atk spd + chaos multi/chaos/projectile dmg/dmg (in that priority order).

And yes, you will spend passive points on clusters. Try to get 8-9 maximum (preferably 8) on the large (so 2 will go towards Temp Arrowheads + Broadside, 2 will go towards jewel sockets for the medium clusters to fit in, and 3-4 small passives in between those other 4). Then try to get 4-5 max (preferably 4) on the mediums (2 will go into Student of Decay + Wicked Pall or Brewed for Potency, 1 for the jewel socket, and 1-2 small passives).
I see more and more people going for energy leech instead of swift affliction and swap their large cluster jewels from broadside to feed the fury.

I took OP pob and changed swift affliction to energy leech and the 2 large clusters to one with feed the fury and DPS goes from 7,753,841.2 to 8,755,934.0. Doing this I also gain 4 more skill points, that could be spend into even more life/dmg.

So that's the way to go?
"
clozzer wrote:
I see more and more people going for energy leech instead of swift affliction and swap their large cluster jewels from broadside to feed the fury.

I took OP pob and changed swift affliction to energy leech and the 2 large clusters to one with feed the fury and DPS goes from 7,753,841.2 to 8,755,934.0. Doing this I also gain 4 more skill points, that could be spend into even more life/dmg.

So that's the way to go?
Without the AoE broadside gives, youre gonna have a tough time overlapping pods. i dont think that will work out.
"
Totalubnub wrote:
"
clozzer wrote:

So that's the way to go?
Without the AoE broadside gives, youre gonna have a tough time overlapping pods. i dont think that will work out.

Without the 2 broadsides AOE is at 25. With them it's 29. Besides that OP pob is only firing 5 arrows anyway.
"
clozzer wrote:

So that's the way to go?
So let me get this straight....

You're going to put ES leech and Feed the Fury, 2 mods that require leeching to have any effect above the current setup, on a char with like maybe 250 ES, that's leeching 1.9% of it's attack DPS?

See that 0.1s to reach the leech cap? This means you'll have 10 leech stacks of 10% of your ES total in ONE SECOND.

This means you will be back on full ES like 99.9% of the time within one second of being hit and losing that ~250 ES.

Which means ES leech is only giving you the 24% more damage the vast majority of the time in place of Swift Affliction's permanent 45-49% more damage all the time.

No thanks. But good luck with that.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 23, 2020, 8:49:34 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
clozzer wrote:

So that's the way to go?

You're going to put ES leech and Feed the Fury, 2 mods that require leeching to have any effect above the current setup, on a char with like maybe 250 ES, that's leeching 1.9% of it's millions in DPS?

See that 0.1s to reach the leech cap? This means you'll have 10 leech stacks of 10% of your ES total in ONE SECOND.

This means you will be back on full ES like 99.9% of the time within one second of being hit and losing that ~250 ES.

Which means ES leech is only giving you the 24% more damage the vast majority of the time in place of Swift Affliction's permanent 45-49% more damage all the time.

Blood Rage? I'm always at 0 ES.

Whenever I right click I get the ES leech effect in and the Atk Speed + dmg from everything that says "while leeching". You would not use ES Leech for the ES Leech. You would use it for more DMG.
Last edited by clozzer on Sep 23, 2020, 8:54:22 PM
"
clozzer wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
clozzer wrote:

So that's the way to go?

You're going to put ES leech and Feed the Fury, 2 mods that require leeching to have any effect above the current setup, on a char with like maybe 250 ES, that's leeching 1.9% of it's millions in DPS?

Blood Rage? I'm always at 0 ES.

Whenever I right click I get the ES leech effect in and the Atk Speed + dmg from everything that says "while leeching". You would not use ES Leech for the ES Leech. You would use it for more DMG.
Blood Rage removes 4% of your ES per second, while ES leech is adding 100% of your ES per second.

The 11th leech stack at 0.1s of second #2 is going to have you at full for virtually the entire next second before Blood Rage's 4% hits again.

But then you're right back to being at full ES in the next second, and repeating this cycle.

It wouldn't be possible that you are always at zero ES or continuously leeching with this setup.

You would be leeching for tiny fractions of every other second at very best.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 23, 2020, 9:08:06 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:

After 2 seconds, you're now at 20 stacks of 10% of your ES max, which means you're now at a +16% difference.

It wouldn't be possible that you are always at zero ES with this setup.

What do you mean? Blood Rage also does 4% of your life as physical damage. If you don't believe me try it out yourself lol. I'm 100% always at 0 ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info