-

"
I know 6 arrows requires 30, but I was under the impression from the spreadsheet that anything above 6 arrows requires 35 to overlap? So 7+ arrows would need 35? Or was I wrong in assuming this?

If so if I do invest in more than 6 arrows/projectiles (with +1 arrow enchant or additional arrows on bow), would 30 radius still be fine?

Yeah, 30 radius will be just fine. You shouldn't expect much or any additional single-target damage over having 6 arrows most of the time, but the extra arrow shouldn't reduce your single-target damage either.
Last edited by arciinus on Feb 23, 2021, 12:39:26 PM
"
atlasinvictus wrote:

Besides leveling up my gems & getting Lvl 4 Enlighten for Skitterbots, what do you think are the most important upgrades to improve damage?

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/HEh9ddnM

The #1 most impactful thing is to get more levels via +level of socketed skills. That can get you a 25%+ DPS increase.

Option 1: (~15ex) Get or craft a +1/+2 bow like these ones and socket Toxic Rain in the bow

Remi has a guide on this in the first post, but here's an alternative way to craft it. I think it's easier to get perfect rolls by (1) beastsplit and fracture bows until you lock in DoT multi (if you want, divine the bow first so that you get 35% DoT multi before fracturing), (2) use Deafening Essence of Zeal and annul extra mods until you end up with only DoT multi and attack speed, (3) craft Cannot roll Attack modifiers and slam for +1 to socketed skills, (4) multi-mod, craft 2 to socketed skills, craft Chaos DoT multi

Option 2: (40ex+) Get a +2/+2 Carcass Jack like these ones and socket Toxic Rain in the armour

This is what I chose, since I like the feel of mapping with Quill Rain thanks to the ability to move around at will due to the higher attack speed. You can get a single-corruption one for 15ex, but IMO, if you're going to spend 15ex, the bow is a much better value.

The other big thing is just getting cluster jewels. If you get your life up, the Wicked Pall/Tempered Arrowhead cluster jewels give you really good damage.

Last edited by arciinus on Feb 23, 2021, 12:41:22 PM
Hi!

Just switch to the build. currently at lvl 81 running T11 no issues. tried t12 but damage is to low it takes too long to kill boss maps. I got 5-6 Ex that i can use to upgrade. Can someone please check and advise what to upgrade thats cost efficient?

https://pastebin.com/1f5cCp4u
Please ignore the gem levels. I'll buy a few lvl20 gems.
This is my current build:

Spoiler

And for flasks:

Spoiler

I feel happy with my damage, I can do any map at any tier without any problems nor constant deaths (only those lame HKs I wasn't expecting). I know I have to change my Carcass to a 6L one but I confess I'm a bit confused about playing without the totems. I know this build doesn't need totems to work fine, but they grew up on me and I couldn't leave them behind hahaha

Would it be better if I change Asenath's Chant to Devoto's Devotion with TR enchant?
I was using Devoto's at first, but decided to change to Asenath's because a friend of mine said it would be better for faster map cleanse and dmg. For helmet gems I'll use Wither + Faster Casting + Spell Totem + Multiple Totems Support.

For now I'm planning to use Immortal Call + Cast When Damage Taken + Increased Duration + Stone/Lightning/Fire Golem on my boots for survivability (I'm quite fond of this setup since Neversink's Tornado Shot back at 3.0 and older patches), and I'm currently trying to make at least 2 blue sockets and a red socket linked on my gloves in order to use at least Malevo + Flesh and Stone + Enlighten. Dunno if I will be able to get 3B+1R linked on my glove, but I guess it's not possible with this one I have.

Im actually very happy with my bow and I don't have any plans to change it for a while except thinking about change the % area of effect for % attack speed with harvest crafts.

For my mobility I'm planning to change my Smoke Mine to Flame or Cold Dash since I prefer to use them.

For the Glyph Grip ring I'm planning to use some Harvest crafts to improve it, like removing the fire damage and adding another thing, and since the maximum life is fractured I'll remove life regen to put some resistance in place. I don't know much about how crafting works yet, but I know a thing or two about suffixes and prefixes and wich place each status can occupy.

Overall, the only issue is I still have some difficulties with Sirus and a few map bosses, but I guess the problem is only about my lack of skills to fight'em haha

I currently have around 12ex I can use to upgrade.

EDIT: I changed AoE 4% for AtkSpeed 8% with harvest crafts on my bow, although I dunno if it was a good choice...
Spoiler
Last edited by Vensatra on Feb 23, 2021, 6:02:44 AM
"

Finally reached a point where I've kind of hit a wall without rearranging my gear a lot in order to get a Frenzy/Explody chest and Frenzy/Culling gloves, but I'm pretty happy where I stand as far as survivabilty and DPS.

Got to upgrade and change a few of my gear pieces around in order to fit Headhunter in and reach 30 Radius with 6 arrows (this required Increased AOE from most of my jewels as suggested by zxfx as well as Dying Sun - note: in order to switch out my mana flasks I had to get "Non-channelling Skills have - to Mana Cost on both rings, amulet, and Replica Conquerers Efficiency to put Toxic Rain at 0 Mana Cost).

I noticed that on the "Toxic Rain Calculator" going over 6 arrows requires 35 Radius for overlap of pods? Is this correct?

My question would be: does that mean its not worth it to invest further in additional arrows/projectiles? I was thinking of trying to do as Remi said and annul the multimod on my bow and replace it with +2 Arrows, but the cost of doing that can be expensive and I don't want to invest in it if its not worth it.

Aside from that - other than trying to craft better Jewels (I crafted them all myself), rerolling for T1 rolls on all pieces of gear, and getting the "Enemies you wither -6 all Resist" Enchant on my belt, does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?

A watcher's eye with malevolence mod and attack speed while affected by presicion. in order to not lose the curse, you could remove the resist from one of your rings, put it on the helmet and influence the ring so you can craft curse on hit there.

you could also craft a hat with -9 chaos resistance to nearby enemies. if you haven't got enough mana to reserve for those mods, you might give that helmet - reserved mana, too. in fact, you might change from bots to aspect of spider. I am using that. Monsters that are webbed and affected by toxic rain move quite funny. the bots chill, i get that, but not all monsters can be chilled. hell, you might even get in bots AND aspect if you corrupt those gems to -mana reserved. Monsters that are chilled, webbed and have -60% movement speed might look REALLY funny. :-D

you're not at the end, you're not even close. ;-)

/edit: also, crafting a hat should allow you to craft +1 aoe gems, +12% increased aoe onto it, which results in +1 malevolence and the blood or sand stance gem AND allows you more freedom with the AOE problem elsewhere. The same goes for your gloves, btw, so in case it makes any difference, that's 24% incr. aoe.

also, I don't get why you are using corruption as an annointment. sure, its a bit chaos damage, but it's basically negligent leech, since damage over time can't be leeched. hardened scars, however, yields permanent fortification. fortification is rather good.

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Last edited by Ersatzdrummel on Feb 23, 2021, 6:20:28 AM
While doing my Heists for the Challenge I dropped a random Replica Farrul's Fur, is that good somehow for the build? I nearly saved enough for the HH already and then I've got to roll some stats on gear/grab some boots and I'm done.
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:

A watcher's eye with malevolence mod and attack speed while affected by presicion. in order to not lose the curse, you could remove the resist from one of your rings, put it on the helmet and influence the ring so you can craft curse on hit there.

you could also craft a hat with -9 chaos resistance to nearby enemies. if you haven't got enough mana to reserve for those mods, you might give that helmet - reserved mana, too. in fact, you might change from bots to aspect of spider. I am using that. Monsters that are webbed and affected by toxic rain move quite funny. the bots chill, i get that, but not all monsters can be chilled. hell, you might even get in bots AND aspect if you corrupt those gems to -mana reserved. Monsters that are chilled, webbed and have -60% movement speed might look REALLY funny. :-D

you're not at the end, you're not even close. ;-)

/edit: also, crafting a hat should allow you to craft +1 aoe gems, +12% increased aoe onto it, which results in +1 malevolence and the blood or sand stance gem AND allows you more freedom with the AOE problem elsewhere. The same goes for your gloves, btw, so in case it makes any difference, that's 24% incr. aoe.

also, I don't get why you are using corruption as an annointment. sure, its a bit chaos damage, but it's basically negligent leech, since damage over time can't be leeched. hardened scars, however, yields permanent fortification. fortification is rather good.

If your talking about recrafting my current rings, I can't. One is already warlords influenced, and the other has Increased Chaos Damage fractured so it can't be influenced. I've thought about just buying or crafting one from scratch which is probably what I'm looking to do so I can get both Curse Despair on Hit and Increased AOE from a double influenced Hunters/Warlord ring.

The problem with going this route is that if I craft or buy my own helmet - I would need either Reduced Mana Reservation for Malevolence or Flesh and Stone Enchant in order to have enough mana to cast my Anamolous Immortal Call. I'm not fond of running lab trying to get those specific Enchants but maybe I can find one on trade with it already on it before I craft, not sure haven't looked yet.

I've thought about a Watcher's Eye and I'm working on fitting it in, but the problem is I am at exactly the amount of AOE I need for the 30 Radius breakpoint - I can't lose a single % or I drop lower.

My second problem with that is the Anomalous Immortal Call - even with my stacked "Non-Channelling Skills have -38 to mana cost" - still costs 38 mana. With Precision (level 1) I have 25 mana left unreserved - so I would lose the ability to cast it.

As far as my annointment, I've opted to drop my Mana and Enduring Hybrid flasks for Bottled Faith and Rising Sun. Rising Sun is required to reach the 30 Radius breakpoint for me, and Bottled Faith is great for life regen, the increased crit helps me to proc Tailwind/Elusive, and of course for the 10% Increased Damage Taken to enemies.

This made me have no use for Hardened Scars, and Corruption is awesome even if I'm not using the leech - the 20% increased effect of Withered adds a lot by itself. Other than Corruption and Hardened Scars I can't think of a better Annoint, but if you have a suggestion feel free to let me know.

Even without Fortify, I feel pretty tanky because I have Divine Flesh, 85% Chaos Resist, 5% Reduced Chaos damage taken (Soul of Shakari), and "18% of Physical Damage from hits taken as Chaos Damage" from my chest.

I appreciate the suggestions, and will continue brainstorming more ideas to push things further without completely breaking the bank.

"

I appreciate the suggestions, and will continue brainstorming more ideas to push things further without completely breaking the bank.

I edited this into my old post before I saw you had answered. purely for visibility i edited it out and replied again. this was written in ignorance of your quick answer, so bear with me.

--->

/edit 2: concerning watcher's eyes: while affected by clarity, non-channeling skills cost -10 mana is a mod that you could use, too. It would clear one craft for another chaos damage roll, or possibly minimum frenzy charges, for 4% more damage per frenzy charge.

So moving the curse from the hat to a ring and changing the hat to a craft would leave you without those triggered spells in there. you could choose to insert cwdt golem for either more attack speed or % damage reduction, which is what I would do. that would leave two slots for precision and clarity, both on low level, if you get that elisive malevolence / precision / clarity watcher's eye.

Oh, a missing socket it what's stopping you, there's always the ornate quiver.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

[ BONUS ] High risk high reward
Below is an extremely high risk move, it is NOT RECOMMENDED to do this step if you are poor.

I. Annul out multimod, if you failed, you need to replace back what is lost.
If you lost T1 DoT Multi, go back to step 2.
If you lost a crafted mod, craft it back in
If you lost attack speed, aug speed
If you lost +1 socket, remove crafted mods, go to back to step 3, skip step 4.

II. If you succeed, augment attack. Remove & Add Attack until you hit +2 projectile.

This is my crafting guide for the +3 bow, hopefully it helps out!

Okay, so I followed this and got this bow now:

Now to my understanding I harvest craft:

Remove/Add attack

Until I hit +2 arrows

Then

Aug speed, rem/add speed

Until I hit a good attack speed (preferably T1)

Question:

Since there are 8 possible attack mods I could roll.. are my chances 1/8 to hit +2 arrows?

Or does harvest still take into account weight..?

The weight for +2 arrows is only 100. If anyone could enlighten me before I waste a bunch of exalts on TFT paying for remove/add attack that would be awesome.
Last edited by dragonnocturnal on Feb 23, 2021, 10:59:24 AM
as far as I know, it does not take into account the weighing of the individual mods, but treats every possible mod equally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info