-

Got this and seems quite expensive. Can it be usable with our build (my current quiver is not great) or it's better to sell and by "default" quiver according to guide? If it can be used, what gems can you suggest to insert?

Thank you! <3
"
BabamTV wrote:

Got this and seems quite expensive. Can it be usable with our build (my current quiver is not great) or it's better to sell and by "default" quiver according to guide? If it can be used, what gems can you suggest to insert?

Thank you! <3

Someone can correct me, but you can put in Despair, Frenzy, and Hextouch Support, that way you gain frenzy charges, and curse with despair, leaving your ring open for attack speed/chaos res and such.
I have a Glorious Vanity (Xibaqua) jewel, seed 6484, that provides Ritual of Shadows in a notable that's covered by the nearby Thread of Hope. So I'll be getting a 25% chance to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on hit, as well as 31% increased chaos damage from the same notable. I'm still waiting for a bit more passive points before using Divine Flesh though (I hit 81% Chaos res right now, but I drop to around 4k max HP as a result.)

My question is, should I continue using the Blast Rain 5L setup? I was thinking switching back to Toxic Rain + Mirage Archer, but I'm not sure if that setup would inflict Withered fast enough (with the equivalent of Withering Touch support on it). I've also asked elsewhere and have been told that I could consider leveling a second toxic rain just to make it a dedicated wither stacker along with my main, but I'm not so sure about that (since you'd prefer more projectiles, but with TR that just spreads the pods out).

Thanks!

EDIT: Mostly thinking about the blast rain links for now, I'll worry about what to invest in next after I farm up some more currency.
Last edited by VangelisX on Feb 21, 2021, 5:51:34 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

"
BabamTV wrote:
Is there big deal between using Vicious Projectile Support and its awakened version? I compared and seems that it just adds physical damage and 2% extra chaos damage in best case. Is it worth to pay few exs for this? Or did I miss something?
Few exs? It costs 50c currently... Unless you're on console where everything is overpriced.

It's just a plain upgrade, having lvl 5 awakened gem is like having a lvl 25 normal gem (which you can't normally have), it will also upgrade if you use +2 support gems on crafted bow. You get 1% more chaos damage per level, and "more" damage in poe doesn't have diminishing returns contrary to "increased" damage or "+chaos dot multiplier".

It's defo worth that 50c and just level it (you can use Tora in Syndicate Research to level gems faster).

Also quality on vicious projectiles both base, awakened and alt-qualities are all useless, so don't waste your gcps.

Best quality sink is awakened swift affliction for +10% chaos dot multi. The alt-qual mirage that gives inc duration is nice too. But vicious proj - don't bother with quality.

As usual, huge thanks for detailed explanation. Probably I checked with +20 quality, now I know that quality doesn't matter.
"
frallan123 wrote:
Hi, im looking to upgrade my gear. Any help would be appreciated.

I dont really know what I should upgrade first tho, feels like boss damage is kinda slow. I was thinking of swapping to 2 cluster jewel setup but according to PoB that only gives me around ~1m dps and I lose a lot of health but that is mostly cause non of my items have T2-T1 rolls on life. I know that most of the items are kinda trashy but looking at trade, any decent upgrade is like 30ex+.

Currently have around 25ex to spend.

PoB https://pastebin.com/cyLGbkLH

If you have 25ex, you can definitely get some Vermillion Rings instead of what you have right now. I think that'll get your life up a bit more. Similarly, I think you might be able to find some boots with nicer life rolls and the same resistances for a few ex, especially if you could accept 30% movement speed. Boots are the easiest to replace since they don't really have offensive mods. Many of your other items could use nicer life rolls too, but it's not as cheap to replace stuff with nice DoT/Chaos DoT rolls.

For belts, if you don't need more resistances, you can try to get one with a higher life and Increased Chaos Damage roll, but that'll be a smallish upgrade.

The second cluster of cluster jewels is definitely by far the biggest offensive upgrade that you can get. If you can do that and still maintain mid-4k+ life, I think you'll be fine in most situations.

Finally, your Jewels can probably use upgrades too. If you don't need stats on them (and stats are most efficient to get on items if you don't need the suffixes for resistances - you can get +50 to a single stat with a single suffix), try using this search for 4 useful affix jewels. If you don't want to spend that much, you can get 3-affix ones for less than 1ex.

Last edited by arciinus on Feb 22, 2021, 1:41:03 AM
Hey everyone! Thanks again for all the tips in here. I've I think mostly min-maxed out this build with money I made from crafting. I'm curious - is there anything else I can upgrade?

Note that I'm not really interested in getting T1 life rolls on everything or getting Awakened Mods.

POB: https://pastebin.com/VA2xs6A4

Some specific questions:

• My current AoE is 28 (just over the breakpoint). Are there any good ways to get to 30?
  • On my boots, I've prioritized just directly getting dodge since I thought it's hard to proc Tailwind/Elusive since we have pretty low crit chance. Is that incorrect?
  • I'm currently still relying on Enduring Composure for endurance charges. Are there any better ways to get endurance charges?
"
VangelisX wrote:
I have a Glorious Vanity (Xibaqua) jewel, seed 6484, that provides Ritual of Shadows in a notable that's covered by the nearby Thread of Hope. So I'll be getting a 25% chance to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on hit, as well as 31% increased chaos damage from the same notable. I'm still waiting for a bit more passive points before using Divine Flesh though (I hit 81% Chaos res right now, but I drop to around 4k max HP as a result.)

My question is, should I continue using the Blast Rain 5L setup? I was thinking switching back to Toxic Rain + Mirage Archer, but I'm not sure if that setup would inflict Withered fast enough (with the equivalent of Withering Touch support on it). I've also asked elsewhere and have been told that I could consider leveling a second toxic rain just to make it a dedicated wither stacker along with my main, but I'm not so sure about that (since you'd prefer more projectiles, but with TR that just spreads the pods out).

Thanks!

EDIT: Mostly thinking about the blast rain links for now, I'll worry about what to invest in next after I farm up some more currency.

This looks like it'll work! If you have a Quill Rain especially (which gives you more hits), I think you can get max stacks - you'll get 6 attacks per second on your own + about 3 on the mirage archer. That means you'll get 45 arrows landing per second, or 90 every 2 seconds. 25% of that would be about 22 stacks of Withered.

Test it out and report back! I'm curious. I do really like how Mirage Archer mops up mobs while mapping.
Last edited by arciinus on Feb 22, 2021, 1:49:43 AM
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
"
BabamTV wrote:

Thank you! <3

Someone can correct me, but you can put in Despair, Frenzy, and Hextouch Support, that way you gain frenzy charges, and curse with despair, leaving your ring open for attack speed/chaos res and such.

But in that case you lose a survivability and flexibility on your quiver. Despair can be obtained in several ways but dropping an entire quiver for it is not ideal. For frenzy charges, you can obtain frenzy with either blood rage (unobtainable on long bosses) or frenzy on hit chest.

About attack speed and chaos res, they can both also be obtained on your quiver, additionally hunter quiver gives like +max chaos res, which further increases survivability
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
arciinus wrote:
Hey everyone! Thanks again for all the tips in here. I've I think mostly min-maxed out this build with money I made from crafting. I'm curious - is there anything else I can upgrade?

Note that I'm not really interested in getting T1 life rolls on everything or getting Awakened Mods.

Some specific questions:

• My current AoE is 28 (just over the breakpoint). Are there any good ways to get to 30?
  • On my boots, I've prioritized just directly getting dodge since I thought it's hard to proc Tailwind/Elusive since we have pretty low crit chance. Is that incorrect?
  • I'm currently still relying on Enduring Composure for endurance charges. Are there any better ways to get endurance charges?

Tailwind is not difficult to obtain when you have blastrain constantly firing. Although our crit chance and hit chance are low, but when we are hitting alot, getting tailwind buff isn't that difficult anymore.

If you want 30 overlap, you could try getting some more aoe on your helmet (helmet craft), rings or jewels (synthesized / corrupted).

Other methods of getting endu charge is only down to elegant hubris, which gives similar stat to enduring composure, make sure your ToH can pick it up on the range (same spot as glorious vanity)

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
arciinus wrote:

Some specific questions:

apart from the answer you already got, let me just remind you of the belt-enchant "monsters withered by you have -6 to all resistances" - the wording is most likely different, but all resistances should include chaos resistance, resulting in another 6% more damage.

(this is also a devious plan to ask for information on this, should anybody feel inclined to tell me if i am right or wrong on this)
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info