-

"

2. I tried an Asenath's Chant with ED/Contagion (like this POE.ninja) build and it seemed to do pretty much nothing, both regen and DPS-wise. I switced back to my current helm

It works great with Divergent Culling Strike, Essence Drain, Soulrend and Despair, It adds survivability, damage is not awesome but not so bad and culling strike is a must have.
Last edited by Xandharba on Feb 12, 2021, 3:47:28 PM

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Remi for providing this build and wealth of information on Toxic Rain. I have had a blast playing this since league start, and following this guide as a frame work.

The crafting explanation for amulet and bow really helped me out - and also helped me to get a lot of currency by crafting and selling a few. I crafted my bow, amulet, and rings myself - everything else was bought thru trade.

This is my setup at the moment - as you can see I deviated a bit from the guide. Asenaths Chant, while Essence Drain, Contagion, and Soul Rend don't seem to add much - I can say that being able to cast a high level Despair on enemies seems to up the damage a lot. No real evidence just personal feel from playing.

The boots with "Reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate of Movement Skills", along with Anomalous Dash and level 4 Enhance really let me zoom around maps with Dash, and with enough movement speed the penalty isn't too noticeable.

I tried using Maloney's Mechanism with Caustic Arrow/Nova setup and although the clear is great and whole screens melt, it completely destroyed my FPS. So I switched to my new quiver and gameplay is much smoother.

As far as survivability - I felt the damage was high enough so I decided to skip the second set of Cluster Jewels and went for Divine Flesh. At 84 Chaos resist, 76 all elemental resists, and 10% reduced Chaos damage, perma-Fortify - along with Immortal Call on left click - I feel a lot more tanky.

Kind of debating how to proceed in any upgrades - or just to roll a new character at this point.

Anyway, it has been a lot of fun and thanks again for writing this guide and insipiring me to make this character.
Last edited by dragonnocturnal on Feb 12, 2021, 7:17:45 PM

Hi, i am a new player.

Why is the final tree so different from the all the ones before?
I am confused on what to follow :(
"
Blaerman wrote:

Hi, i am a new player.

Why is the final tree so different from the all the ones before?
I am confused on what to follow :(

the end tree has cluster jewels, that will require using respec points (from orbs of regret). These are pretty expensive (2ex each) so you wont be worrying about them until you have already made some currency in maps.

There's some more info on the 81-114 tree changes in the QnA.
I just finished act 10 and got my basic gear. Can anyone tell me if the gem/gem placement are correct? The pob and guide are different. I know I'm missing some gems but the guide says not to use it yet like with enhance when I don't have the alternate version of ic and I can't afford lvl 3 or 4 enlighten or empower. Seems like the gem setup in the guide has 4 slots instead of 5 so I don't know what to put in my boots. I just switched to lvling tree #5 and I am gonna connect some passives then refund the skill points needed to save money instead of reallocating the passives right now. If you guys can give any other advice like cheap improvements that'd be nice. Sorry if this seems like it's simple to know but I'm dum as a rock when it comes to poe.

https://pastebin.com/1dpj251W

I am using the gems in the guide but the pob is different. Should I follow the pob or guide gems?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Feb 13, 2021, 2:03:27 AM

Other than Lvl 4 Enlighten so I can use Skitterbots, what are my biggest priority upgrades? I have 5,081 life but feel like I'm lacking in damage for bosses.

Is the 2nd large jewel cluster necessary to push end-game bosses like Sirus?
Last edited by atlasinvictus on Feb 13, 2021, 11:32:01 AM
Do we still need Mirage Archer - Divergent gem even though it's not paired with Toxic Rain anymore?

From what I read, it boosts the Toxic Rains skill effect but again since it's not paired just wondering if I continue to use the regular one?
"
Do we still need Mirage Archer - Divergent gem even though it's not paired with Toxic Rain anymore?

From what I read, it boosts the Toxic Rains skill effect but again since it's not paired just wondering if I continue to use the regular one?
Increased duration should also increase duration of mirage itself so you have to repop it less often?
After nearly a month of having this shitty amulet

Finally I can replace it with this:

I just crafted it. Took around 400~ alts to get +1 dex and it came with all resistances, regaled with tier 1 fire and unfortunately anulled the t1 fire, but that's okay because I get t2 chaos res and chaos dot, so not bad at all.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"

Increased duration should also increase duration of mirage itself so you have to repop it less often?

Oh is that what it does as well or are you not sure? Because I'm really not sure that's why I'm asking haha. Going to be running alot of heist so I want to be sure if I still need it for the build or not. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info