-

"
kenn23 wrote:
Thanks Remi.

I have seen in this forum that some use MA with the BR setup. Is that required? Slowly getting used to the BR setup after using the wither totem for so long.

When I used the wither totem setup, there was a distinctive visual when it applied wither. I don’t see any noticeable effect with the BR setup. Is that normal?

BR setup is not mandatory. You can use totem if you want.

There's no visuals for withering touch, you can't see the wither visuals if you use withering touch
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Hi all.

Just started to play PoE properly after all this time. Able to run T7 / T8 but any ideas on what to aim for and how to get it??? Keep getting one shot at times.

Last edited by DiGRem on Feb 12, 2021, 11:13:14 AM
Is running 5 linked Carcass minus Swift Affliction more dps than random 6 linked chest?
I don't know how to accurately calculate TR dps on pob, sorry.
"
DiGRem wrote:
Keep getting one shot at times.

Resists are not capped.
Ailment immunity ascendancy isn't picked.
Flask are complete randos not following the guide. Not even an instant life flask. No warding affix on any flask.
Quiver is some levelling unique and gloves are complete garbo.
Talisman has nothing useful on it except some resists, no life, no good anoint.
"Pain Band" ring has +6 life.

There's zero reason to use such poor gear on trade league at lvl 86. For 50c you could replace most of the trash items with something better, fix the resists, life pool and flasks.

The gem setups are an atrocious mess too, for example immortal call is not linked with increased duration, but you have increased duration linked to blood rage (lasts long enough by itself) and cast when damage taken is slotted there doing nothing. You have no dash or blink arrow, I don't even know how do you get out of crap on the ground that will kill you, especially with no movespeed on boots.

You also have 4 empty gem slots. Even if some gems are there "just for levelling" it doesn't explain why you didn't link the important parts together, like dash + second wind or immortal call + increased duration.

Recheck the guide and fix your gear / flasks / gem setups.
Is the best way to roll on flasks or try and buy them?

Gems are a mess - trying to level them up.

I will go back and sort out my life!!!! :-)

Many thanks

DiG
Hi everyone! I've offered some advice here, but now I'm at a point where I'm pretty out of ideas. I've tried running T15-16 100% Delirium maps and have been able to barely finish. I encountered Kosis on my map and basically gave up on him. I have a Headhunter already, but on 100% Delirious maps I don't kill things fast enough to maintain a ton of mods.

Is there some way to make this build faster and better at 100% Delirious maps?

POB: https://pastebin.com/fa9EJs7J - currently at ~9m sustained Sirus DPS and 5.2k life.

Here are some ideas I have:

1. Since I have a good amount of mana left, I'm going to get a Vitality aura for a bit better sustain (yes, I'm bad at rationing flasks sometimes, but I'm working on it!)

2. I definitely should upgrade to Awakened Support Gems on my main Toxic Rain setup

3. I kept Mirage Archer on my main Toxic Rain link instead of moving it to the other one since it does help mop up on maps, but it's a 10% DPS loss compared to just running Efficacy on my 6th link. I might swap this

4. I used to use an explodey jewel with Unspeakable gifts and quite liked it. It might especially be helpful with Delirium mobs which are really high health. I might swap out one of the bow large cluster jewels for that, at the cost of some increased AoE.

Here are some ideas I've tried but chosen against:

1. Current I have a Quill Rain because I have Toxic Rain socketed in my Carcass Jack because I have a +2/+2 corruption on it. I could swap it out for a rare DoT/Chaos DoT thicket bow for ~10% DPS according to the calculator (9.9m vs 11.1m), but I like how I can stop attacking and move really quickly

2. I tried an Asenath's Chant with ED/Contagion (like this POE.ninja) build and it seemed to do pretty much nothing, both regen and DPS-wise. I switced back to my current helm

3. I tried to get Summon Skitterbots working, but I do like running left-click Immortal Call, and the mana requirements for that are pretty high (70 or so with the supports) and hard to reduce by enough
Last edited by arciinus on Feb 12, 2021, 2:29:33 PM
"
DiGRem wrote:
Is the best way to roll on flasks or try and buy them?

Gems are a mess - trying to level them up.

I will go back and sort out my life!!!! :-)

Many thanks

DiG

If you are in trade league, it's worth it to buy a level 20/level 21 Toxic Rain ASAP. At this point, they're really cheap and will help with your DPS.

At this point, it's probably cheaper or about the same price to buy the flasks instead of rolling many of them. To figure it out for the Staunching/Warding flasks at least:

1. Go to CraftOfExile and see how much alterations you'd need to get a modifier. Note that you might need a bit more than it says since you want the right suffix or an empty suffix to beastcraft Staunching/Warding onto

2. Compare the price to just trading for it. Right now, the difference is pretty low, so I'd probably just trade for it unless I wanted to try out more crafting

For the Quicksilver Flask/Silver Flask, you can't beastcraft the suffix so you need to add it to the calculator too.
"
Sakulicious wrote:
Is running 5 linked Carcass minus Swift Affliction more dps than random 6 linked chest?
I don't know how to accurately calculate TR dps on pob, sorry.

Definitely not, if you're running Toxic Rain in it. Carcass Jack actually doesn't do a ton for our damage (its increased AoE is very helpful if you aren't capped) - the gem links do a lot more. Removing Swift Affliction (by my POB) would remove 25% of my damage. Changing to a random chest would lose 6%.

To calculate it on PoB, just add in the rare chest/uncheck the gem and compare the DPS number to what you had before.
I do not agree with your experience update on deadeye. You are criticising the reliance on mirage archers, without pointing out there great damage output! I have no issues with survivability, since faster killing is less damage taken. I have to kite T14-16 bosses for miuntes with PF. This def sucked, so i switched back to DE, im taking down these bosses in seconds now. No burst? What? Seriosly? I have great burst damge with a vaal clarity phase, bosses are dead after it. If you love your flask charges, great, i dont see any reason for it until i just dont need it within a clear map. And for a dead boss. Besides i have not the best gear and even not changed to a cluster build yet. I would never, never ever turn back to PF again.
Last edited by Wilmots on Feb 12, 2021, 2:48:30 PM
Last edited by Xandharba on Feb 12, 2021, 3:48:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info