-

"
Optaka wrote:
Trying to decide between this and cobra lash for league starter. Made a pro/con list but maybe someone can spot something I’m missing

Toxic rain pros:
Slowing everything with hinder (this will be huge QOL)
Higher single target than cobra lash
Able to pre-stack damage
Mirage archer-can run around while still applying stacks
Cheaper weapon in toxic rain
Damage projection less useful this league from small arenas
Pathfinder has nearly infinite sustain from flasks anyway so “gain on hit” isn’t as needed

Cobra lash pros:
Better damage projection-can offscreen instead of ground target
Faster clear speed due to projection, chaining, and poison prolif
Plague bearer-even more clear speed
Life/mana gain on hit is real nice-frees up flask slot(s)
More flexibility in gearing (don’t have to go quill rain and carcass jack)
Increased gear flexibility may benefit more from harvest crafts?

Overall it looks to me like the big difference is cobra lash will be better for zoom zoom clear and TR better for bossing, right? Anything I’m missing?

most of my map clears are sub 2 minute clear, fastest is sub 1 minute if you are wondering about clear speed. I never played cobra lash so I can't say which is better at clearing.

Life / mana gain on hit works for us too

Quill Rain and Carcass are not mandatory, but they are just too good to drop it. You can flex gear but having those 2 items are just BiS. Just like your Cobra lash with coralito's.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Is glorious vanity (xibaqua) "required", is the 10ish% extra resists more of an optional "more tanky" extra when I could grab "fangs of the viper" and "harrier" + life node instead for a half mil dps?
Australian Summoner-Main
Last edited by Cyan101 on Jan 13, 2021, 11:35:45 PM
"
Cyan101 wrote:
Is glorious vanity (xibaqua) "required", is the 10ish% extra resists more of an optional "more tanky" extra when I could grab "fangs of the viper" and "harrier" + life node instead for a half mil dps?

imo if you want more damage, you could take other jewels instead. A jewel could increase the damage way higher than picking those nodes
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
This will be my league starter and also my first TR character. Lets pray i choose correctly for the new league and boss mechanics ^^

Updates on how the build performs will follow
has anyone tried Toxic Rain ballista totems? It got a bit of a damage buff, was wondering if it made sense to try
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
I am thinking about can this build play on deadeye in 3.13
Do we agree that you simply can't use skitterbots+ male + flesh and stone, whatever you choose for precision or clarity, right ? Even with a 15% reduced mana enchant for male, you end up with 85 mana if the 3 are active.

So what is your idea for the fourth link in boots ? clarity, and use clarity + precision + male watcher ?
What do you need precision for?
"
Do we agree that you simply can't use skitterbots+ male + flesh and stone, whatever you choose for precision or clarity, right ? Even with a 15% reduced mana enchant for male, you end up with 85 mana if the 3 are active.

So what is your idea for the fourth link in boots ? clarity, and use clarity + precision + male watcher ?

I don't really see the point of clarity, even with the watchers of -mana cost. Precision scales on flat mana so as long as you have enough max mana it wouldn't be an issue for slotting that.
Additionally precision is something that for the watchers, so level 1 will just do.

Also if you initially have issues with mana reservation, just drop Male and use skitters early on until a point where your mana can sustain reliably, then swap skitters with Male. Until you obtained enlighten 4, I think that would generally be sufficient (to me it's not) but if it's still not sufficient then having rmr somewhere else would also do
Opinion on Energy Leech instead of something else (swift affliction?)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info