-

"
Frieske1 wrote:
I dunno if this has been covered Skyler - but is there ever a point where you'd consider dropping the Carcass Jacks for a rare chest with say explode + frenzy on hit for Simulacrum farming?

i dropped carcass for explodi chest with +1 curse.

i am running enfeeble, despair and sand stance.
the worst part is getting to 30 aoe for 6 arrow overlap, which is not an easy task (i've made my own build version including aoe corrupted gems, a sligtly different talent tree and aoe enchants on amu as well.

the increase in survivability and clear speed for delirium is really noticeable but very very expensive.

IGN: Kitaen
"
ripperakos12 wrote:
Anyone can tell me the purpose of enlighten gem in this build please?
IF you get a helmet enchant with -mana reservation on one of your auras, and then use an enlighten-4 with Malevolence, Flesh & Stone, & Skitterbots, along with -9 or -10 mana cost of skills (requires life/mana catalysts) on both rings (and maybe even amulet, too, if you're not going for 30 AoE radius), then you will have enough mana to fire TR without occasionally bottoming out.

If you don't have around 100+ unreserved mana and at least -18 mana cost of skills, you will consistently bottom out and lose TR casts.

If you swap out skitterbots (35% reserved mana) for aspect of the spider (25% reserved mana), then you have a bit more wiggle room with all this.

That all said, if you want to simply avoid all of this hassle, you can dump skitterbots and just go with malevolence and flesh & stone, and then you don't need enlighten at all, obviously.

And the only other alternative to all this is to go with settling for 5 overlaps/ES leech(in place of swift affliction)/2x feed the fury(in place of 2x broadside)/supreme ego/blood rage variant where you drop all auras except malevolence (due to supreme ego restriction of allowing just 1).

Between ES leech (proc'd 100% of time due to blood rage), feed the fury instead of broadside, and supreme ego, the DPS produced is virtually the same as the DPS from skitterbots + a 6th overlap.

The biggest downside is no flesh & stone. But you supplement that with Silent Steps and a stibnite flask.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Oct 8, 2020, 2:07:18 PM
So for the leech build with feed the fury and tempered arrowheads -

Quiver in this pob is +1 arrow, and +1 tr helm enchant. 7 arrows with 26 aoe, is this only better for clear and worse for bossing? If I understand correctly?

I think its only fair to point out these jewels are absolutely insane, in fact only 2 of the 4 damage liners are listed including offline at 8 and 14ex, the same price as a malevolence watchers eye. Hell, one of them even has 19% chaos damage which is legacy. (T1 I believe is 9-13%).

This is a prime example of what the build CAN be, quite min maxed. But realistically it isn't budget what so ever. Most people will probably sacrifice a dmg line/life line on jewel to cut corners and will get nowhere near this in terms of both damage and survivability
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:

Quiver in this pob is +1 arrow, and +1 tr helm enchant. 7 arrows with 26 aoe, is this only better for clear and worse for bossing? If I understand correctly
It's not worse, you just don't get to take full advantage of the extra arrows for overlaps/single target DPS.

But that doesn't mean the extra arrows are useless. Trash mobs in maps are always spread out, so they definitely help with map clearing and clear speed.

And, many boss mobs do move, so extra arrows means when they move they will more often continue getting 5 DoT's overlapped on them per attack (remember, you're casting 5 x your attack rate, so you're potentially stacking probably 35-60 pods, or 7-12 sets of 5-pod overlap zones every second). Not to mention, you tend to move your char and your mouse pointer/target area a lot, too, so it works both ways.

When you only have 5 arrows, you only have 1 overlap zone per attack set. And if a target moves out of that zone, they could be moving out of range of 1 or more pods from any given set.

But if you have 7 arrows, you have 2-3 overlap zones per set. If a mob moves from a spot where 5 arrows were overlapped from a particular set, he could be moving right into another zone of 5 overlapped arrows simply because you have a 6th and 7th arrow that are each overlapping with 4 other arrows from that set. So extra arrows essentially expand your radius and reach, but not your number of overlaps.

I'm running the ES leech variant, and I still have the +1 helmet enchant and +1 on quiver. If i could get more arrows, I would, too. They won't all stack, but they will make QoL much better.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Oct 8, 2020, 2:05:50 PM
Hey. Currently I'm at the beginning of act 6 and I have malevolence & flesh'n'stone equipped, right like in leveling section of the guide. This lefts me 100 mana of 430 unreserved (if I use both auras ofc), and with 18 mana toxic rain's cost I waste it too fast, I literally have to maintain 100% mana flask uptime. Is it ok or I did smth wrong?
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Anus_Smasher wrote:

Quiver in this pob is +1 arrow, and +1 tr helm enchant. 7 arrows with 26 aoe, is this only better for clear and worse for bossing? If I understand correctly
It's not worse, you just don't get to take full advantage of the extra arrows for overlaps/single target DPS.

But that doesn't mean the extra arrows are useless. Trash mobs in maps are always spread out, so they definitely help with map clearing and clear speed.

And, many boss mobs do move, so extra arrows means when they move they will more often continue getting 5 DoT's overlapped on them per attack (remember, you're casting 5 x your attack rate, so you're potentially stacking probably 35-60 pods, or 7-12 sets of 5-pod overlap zones every second). Not to mention, you tend to move your char and your mouse pointer/target area a lot, too, so it works both ways.

When you only have 5 arrows, you only have 1 overlap zone per attack set. And if a target moves out of that zone, they could be moving out of range of 1 or more pods from any given set.

But if you have 7 arrows, you have 2-3 overlap zones per set. If a mob moves from a spot where 5 arrows were overlapped from a particular set, he could be moving right into another zone of 5 overlapped arrows simply because you have a 6th and 7th arrow that are each overlapping with 4 other arrows from that set. So extra arrows essentially expand your radius and reach, but not your number of overlaps.

I'm running the ES leech variant, and I still have the +1 helmet enchant and +1 on quiver. If i could get more arrows, I would, too. They won't all stack, but they will make QoL much better.

Thank you I understand much better now
"
Mmi257ia wrote:
Hey. Currently I'm at the beginning of act 6 and I have malevolence & flesh'n'stone equipped, right like in leveling section of the guide. This lefts me 100 mana of 430 unreserved (if I use both auras ofc), and with 18 mana toxic rain's cost I waste it too fast, I literally have to maintain 100% mana flask uptime. Is it ok or I did smth wrong?
This is a pathfinder ascendancy for a reason.

If you don't like constantly hammering your flasks, then this is absolutely not the build for you.

Yes, if your "Enduring" mana flask has a 4 second duration, you are perpetually refreshing it every 3.9 seconds.

And the same thing will happen when you add hardened scars and an enduring hybrid flask. (I actually use two of these since they have 3.15s duration, I just cycle back and forth between them).

This ascendancy regens flask charges so fast and easy, you should actually be mashing at least 4 flasks like every 4 seconds anytime you're fighting.

Download a metronome if you need help with the timing. Eventually it becomes second nature and you don't even realize you're pressing buttons on the nose every 3-4 seconds.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Mmi257ia wrote:
This is a pathfinder ascendancy for a reason.

If you don't like constantly hammering your flasks, then this is absolutely not the build for you.

Yes, if your "Enduring" mana flask has a 4 second duration, you are perpetually refreshing it every 3.9 seconds.

And the same thing will happen when you add hardened scars and an enduring hybrid flask. (I actually use two of these since they have 3.15s duration, I just cycle back and forth between them).

This ascendancy regens flask charges so fast and easy, you should actually be mashing at least 4 flasks like every 4 seconds anytime you're fighting.

Download a metronome if you need help with the timing. Eventually it becomes second nature and you don't even realize you're pressing buttons on the nose every 3-4 seconds.

ah yes, flask recovery strongly boosts on cruel lab which i didnt done yet, understandable, thanks
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Here is my PoB on standard server using ES leech, feed the fury, and supreme ego in place of swift affliction, broadside, and flesh & stone(because can have only 1 Aura), and using silent steps and stibnite flask to get blind back.

This thing mops up everything with ease and has insane durability, too. Like it's seriously one of the more tanky builds I've ever played. So not sure how some folks keep saying they die so often. I just don't think they're building it the same or playing it correctly. *shrug*

You can switch to the rare bow setup in it too, if you want. It jumps from around 13M sDPS up to around 21M sDPS. But the attack rate goes from 12.30 with Quill Rain down to 6.78 with rare bow, and it feels a bit more clunky, even though the DPS is clearly higher.

The rare bow with vicious proj (effectively turning it into a 7L) is legacy and only attainable on standard now. And yes, it's BIS, even over a +3 bow. Mine is just lacking T1 attack speed, otherwise it would be insane.

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/Efu4BzRt

Remember, you do this if you are willing to settle for 5 overlapping arrows because you don't think you can reach 30 AoE radius. Oddly, this version has nearly the same DPS as a build with 30 radius and 6 arrows overlapping, along with some life leech, which is actually why I prefer it.

It's cheaper, virtually same DPS(requires blood rage for this), virtually same or even better durability, and you end up with more passive points to spend elsewhere.

Thanks for all the info :D I have a couple questions if you don't mind answering them. I just want to understand this stuff before investing, I love the idea of being slightly more tanky. I'm still new to the game and currency doesn't come easy

1. Which part of the attack does the life leech come from and what kinda numbers? is it the physical hits only? or can you drop the pods and run around / still leeching (same for ES?)

2. Why 2 toxic rain skill setups? how does the 2nd one work (the wither setup or w/e) - can I still use the casted wither totems in Remi's guide instead of dropping 400c on a 6 link carcas?

3. How long does enduring cry buffs last / how often do you use it?

4. For ascendancy, why Master Toxicist instead of Master Alchemist? Would Remi's build also benefit from this?

5. Is the lighting golem a use once and forget thing? Or will he fall over to nasty enemy

6. What passives to drop for a sub level 92 char? They all look so good. Thanks

Thanks again!

"
brickface1 wrote:
Thanks for all the info :D I have a couple questions if you don't mind answering them. I just want to understand this stuff before investing, I love the idea of being slightly more tanky. I'm still new to the game and currency doesn't come easy

1. Which part of the attack does the life leech come from and what kinda numbers? is it the physical hits only? or can you drop the pods and run around / still leeching (same for ES?)
Blood rage makes the 50% physical damage of toxic rain, which is done by the arrows hits and pod explosion hits, contribute to life leech. Which means it's not much at all, even though you're probably getting around 30-40 arrow hits and explosion hits per second.

But the main one is Feed the Fury, which with 2 of them means 0.8% of ALL "attack damage" contributes to life leech. And remember, half of TR's attack damage is physical, but the other half is chaos, which we boost up tremendously with any +chaos damage/+projectile damage/+damage/+damage with bows (ie. Master Fletcher, Method of Madness, Void Manip, Despair, Withered, Wicked Pall, etc. etc).

And this lets you hit your 1000-1200 life leech cap in about 0.2 seconds after you lose life (remember you don't leech while you're at full life, and you lose all previous leech stacks when you hit full life)

ES leech is different because Blood Rage keeps it at zero, so you're ALWAYS leeching ES, which is why we get the massive +more damage multiplier and the +dmg/atk spd from both FtF's. And we swap it in for Swift Affliction purely because of the +duration bump that gives TR DoT's. If you can't afford an Empower-4, then that's the next best thing to swap it for instead.

And understand, your DoT's/Vines do NOT contribute at all to any leech as they are not an "attack". Which is also why they aren't affected by hit chance, too.

"
2. Why 2 toxic rain skill setups? how does the 2nd one work (the wither setup or w/e) - can I still use the casted wither totems in Remi's guide instead of dropping 400c on a 6 link carcas?
Yeah, you don't have to have a 6L Carcass. But since I do, I just like the TR + balista totem + multi totem + withering touch + faster attacks + culling strike setup instead of doing the Wither spell totem setup on a 4L.

I rarely actually drop 5 totems, except on boss fights. But even 2 totems/1 cast @ around 7.5 attack rate = 14 arrows x 7.5 = 105 arrows per second. And at around 85% hit chance, i'm landing around 90 hits, and at 25% chance to apply wither, 90% * .25 = 22... so clearly it's a piece of cake to get 15 wither stacks applied, even with just 1 cast/2 totems. Which, by the way, auto-target and follow any mob/boss around if they move.

The totems last 8 seconds (unless they get destroyed, which they often do, but who cares when it takes 0.3 seconds to recast 2 of them), so that's like 840 arrows, of which 562 of them are overlapping, and that damage adds up. This also means the hinder/slow is practically permanent, and it's a decent amount of supplemental damage, even without all the +damage gems like we have on our bow TR, and the culling strike is huge and helps clear speed and finishing off bosses, too. In boss fights, they are extremely helpful with minions. And for map clearing I can pretty much drop 2 totems while running through maps and wipe mobs with ease and barely even have to cast my bow TR. I pretty much don't have to stop. Cast 2 totems, dash to next mob pack, cast 2 totems, dash to next mob pack... and so on.

"
3. How long does enduring cry buffs last / how often do you use it?
It's mostly for map clearing. I typically walk in front of a mob pack, drop 2 totems, and just as they begin their attack animation, which locks them in place for a moment, I dash to the back of them and hit enduring cry and typically get 1-3 endurance charges as they die. Rinse/repeat. Consistent +12% more phys damage resist.

"
4. For ascendancy, why Master Toxicist instead of Master Alchemist? Would Remi's build also benefit from this?
If your char isn't as durable as mine, I don't recommend this. I just tested it out one day and realized even on A8 juiced up T16's ailments weren't really doing enough to make map clearing difficult or any slower. I wasn't dying without ailment immunity and the added DPS was actually speeding things up.

But again, if you're still struggling with survivability, I would keep Master Alchemist.

"
5. Is the lighting golem a use once and forget thing? Or will he fall over to nasty enemy
My golem dies all the time. But it takes half a second to recast him.

BUT, it's only +2.5% more damage, so if there's something else you want in that place to keep your QoL sanity, then by all means that's the thing to lose.

I was just min-maxing and wanted more attack speed, so I added it. It's not necessary, though.

"
6. What passives to drop for a sub level 92 char? They all look so good. Thanks

Thanks again!
On my PoB, the 8 passives I could do without are Overcharged, the 3 leading to jewel socket south of Eternal Youth (would need to reduce lvl of enduring cry for -str requirement), the 3 to Silent Steps, and probably Harrier.

No problem, good luck.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Oct 9, 2020, 12:04:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info