[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"

have 2 theory question..

the shaper of storms ascendancy, I know that's going to shock everything, is that a trigger or doing something for some other skill? I would have went for Shaper of Flames, as POB is saying the same dps for both (just for my understanding)

Secondly, I'm looking at Andy's and Boneco's profiles (since the build's POB is still starting in the old way), you both took different routes out of the witch starting point.. does it feel any different either way?

welcome!!!

1) Shaper of Storms Shocks vs Shaper of Flames Ignites

We do not have any source of shock in our build, so when we shock we get an immediate damage boost.

We do however have a source of ignite in our build, from Combustion. Since we already have a source of Ignite, Shaper of Flames would not give us any extra damage.

Shaper of Flames would give a more consistent state of ignite than combustion does but over all we get more damage from "constantly shocking and sometimes igniting" vs "constantly igniting".

2) Here is the trade off

Single Target vs Area Damage

My path (which is through cast speed) is done to maximize single target damage. The other path is shorter and uses the extra passives saved to place into area damage else where in the tree.

You just need to determine what you need/want more. I don't think there is any right answer here.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 10, 2021, 8:14:40 PM
"
67 regrets and every scrap of my currency, and I'm back to an incinerate witch.. feels good!! (I played incinerate witch's for many many leagues, just not max block)

my gear sucks, it's just what 2ex 43c can buy right now.. and my dps really sucks right now

don't worry about DPS, you have all the correct bones in place. The build's damage spikes as you increase the levels of Incinerate.

Your very first purchase from this point should be a 21/23 Incinerate. These are SUPER cheap. Just 10c.

After that easy purchase, then just start saving as much as you can.

Empower 4, and the +2 Max stages enchant to the helmet provide a massive amount of dps.

Ask any questions you have on the build in here. One of us should be able to help.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 10, 2021, 8:20:50 PM

Just got this from metamorph, I wonder if extra armor is worth sacrificing HP
Here's my old one
"

Just got this from metamorph, I wonder if extra armor is worth sacrificing HP
Here's my old one

The life and chaos resist from the old one significantly outweigh the armor gain from the metamorph one, IMO. I can't speak to the ele resists because I don't know what you need.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 10, 2021, 11:20:46 PM
First time playing half ES half Life build, Is it normal to panic once ES is drained? How do you manage Degens? Do you still use the recommended pantheon?
Last edited by frannyx04 on Feb 11, 2021, 4:05:21 AM
"
frannyx04 wrote:
First time playing half ES half Life build, Is it normal to panic once ES is drained? How do you manage Degens? Do you still use the recommended pantheon?

When ES drains, you should be left with roughly 3500 or more hit points.

While you should not panic per say, you should most likely be on the move. If something took your shield down with the amount of block recovery we have, it will rip through life much quicker.

Degen is really tough for us. We are a build that thrives on standing still to maximize our damage and standing still is what degen loves.

I find that in many of the big 10 boss fights or the 4 guardian fights I can't just plant my feet and kill them like I can for T16 bosses. I have to keep moving.

I don't think there is any good way to handle degen besides keeping your eyes open to not stand in crap. Ritual fights seem to have a ton of degen ground to avoid.

I have been using Brine King and Tukohama but there is no one right answer here. The pantheons are very easy to experiment with so see if you like using something else.
I think to change Blade Blast to a skill like Arc, who can :
- chain 4 times, so culling a lot of mobs and boss.
- can shock (20%)

What do you think about that ?

Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Hello everyone, a question for those who collected, is 90 ex enough now to collect good gears? How is this simulacrum build? Sorry for my English
I buy this watcher for 60c

A watcher who have flat Armor + Vulne with Determination is 5ex mini in Ritual

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/68dRG2MIG
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
"

Secondly, I'm looking at Andy's and Boneco's profiles (since the build's POB is still starting in the old way), you both took different routes out of the witch starting point.. does it feel any different either way?

Hi, i just save 02 points for other passives. In my opinion, its better.
I will regret whispers of doom since i get awk hex gem.
Than regret the cluster and use it next minions instalibity, for increasad 12% elemental dmg.
And go to:
Unnatural Calm or Amplify+Singular Focus or Quick Recovery+Amplify.
Arcane Expensive and Arcane Will should be fine too.

This is minor changes, doesn't matter overall. And I will test before in the PoB.

Sorry for my bad english, isn't my main language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info