[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
titides wrote:

- for a large cluster jewel : which nodes should I take ?
- Arcane Adept, Essence Rush & Mage Hunter are the best choice ?

I don't really see the appeal of Mage Hunter. It provides a source of power charges, which only grant crit chance. All crit does for this build is activate elemental overload. It is active pretty much all the time even without power charges, so I went with Conjured Wall instead. It's cheaper, provides 5% more spell damage and 2% more spell block chance.
"
titides wrote:
Hi,
- for amulet, what can I take ?

You really want a decently rolled rare, there aren't many uniques. I have been using
while leveling and it was pretty good, then I tried to replace it with Presence of Chayula to plug the chaos resist, but it didn't go well. Apart from chaos resist, it doesn't provide anything useful, and extra energy shield isn't as good as I thought.
This is what I am currently using

Nothing special, but I couldn't find anything better for a budget.
"

Topic 1: Frenzy Charges

When we switch from the single curse set up to the dual curse set up we lose the frenzy charges from Cold Snap.

By far the best way to handle this is to craft Min Frenzy on 3 pieces of gear. If you can do that, great!

But for those (like myself) who had balanced resists for Wise Oak and very high chaos resist, this was less appealing to try to change my gear.

So we came up with the idea of adding a second Unset ring to the build which makes room for one more skill.

We first tried Blood Rage but this was a disaster as we both forgot about the ES damage Blood Rage takes on top of the more easy to handle life damage.

So after we scrapped that, Claeysken said to just try self casting Cold Snap.

This is working wonderfully. I just cast it at the same time I cast Infernal Cry and have constant frenzy charges while mapping.

Why don't dump void sphere in favor of cold snap?
Why is Mage Hunter worth it on the large jewel? Don't we already get power charges from The Blue Nightmare?
"
Why don't dump void sphere in favor of cold snap?

I enjoy using Void Sphere.
"
Snejxjens wrote:
Why is Mage Hunter worth it on the large jewel? Don't we already get power charges from The Blue Nightmare?

We do get PC's from Blue Nightmare but those are generated on kills.

If in single target, you won't have kills, so Mage Hunter generates the PC's on block, which should happen in single target.
"
Now that I am finished with currency generating mode, at least for now, I am going to focus on pushing to level 96, and then going back to the lab, again, to see if I can finally get my glove enchants and eventually start working on the belt enchant.

The push to 96 went very smoothly.

Getting the glove enchantment was a complete failure, again. 21 more tries and no luck. :(
I squeezed a tiny bit more damage out of the weapon (15% increased elemental damage). Use these steps if you haven't already:

1) Go to Harvest and look for "Quality does not increase physical damage. Grants 1% increased elemental damage per 2% quality" and craft it on the weapon

2) Go to the Menagerie and look to see if you have the ability to craft 30% quality on a weapon or armor. These are not that rare so you may have it if you have been doing your Einhar missions. Craft if if you do

Make sure you do it in this order. The Einhar craft is a corruption so you won't be able to use Harvest to do number 1 if you did the 2 first.

I had this enchantment also before but if this is 1% from the weapons physical damage, then it is a very small upgrade. I think it will be better to have 1% increased area of Effect per 4 Quality, so I have this one now.
"
MrDigital wrote:
I had this enchantment also before but if this is 1% from the weapons physical damage, then it is a very small upgrade. I think it will be better to have 1% increased area of Effect per 4 Quality, so I have this one now.

yes the upgrade is small (pure min maxing).

I don't have any problems though with area damage right now so I think I will just stick with the tiny bump in damage.
67 regrets and every scrap of my currency, and I'm back to an incinerate witch.. feels good!! (I played incinerate witch's for many many leagues, just not max block)

my gear sucks, it's just what 2ex 43c can buy right now.. and my dps really sucks right now

have 2 theory question..

the shaper of storms ascendancy, I know that's going to shock everything, is that a trigger or doing something for some other skill? I would have went for Shaper of Flames, as POB is saying the same dps for both (just for my understanding)

Secondly, I'm looking at Andy's and Boneco's profiles (since the build's POB is still starting in the old way), you both took different routes out of the witch starting point.. does it feel any different either way?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info