[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Tried Maven fight for the first time. Had no idea what I was supposed to do haha. Lasted until phase 2.

Was able to block and tank most of the projectiles, but need to manage the ground degens better.
"
j3pli wrote:
Tried Maven fight for the first time. Had no idea what I was supposed to do haha. Lasted until phase 2.

Was able to block and tank most of the projectiles, but need to manage the ground degens better.

saw this posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzy_fZacCB4
"
j3pli wrote:
"

By the way, has any one else had the same issue as me, where 3 of the guardians are extremely easy but the friggan Minotaur keeps smashing me? I can't figure out what I do wrong against him.

The other 3 shaper guardians, the 4 elder guardians and all of the conquerors* are very easy. Minotaur has actually killed me twice and made me sweat other times.

Are you getting hit by the arc traps? They apply slow, shock, and lightning damage over time. Could explain why you go from tanking to getting one-shot.

I think it may have something to do when he tunnels. I don't know how to handle that phase.
I don't know if anyone is going to buy this but I think I found the best rolled item I have seen drop while playing.

Jewel: 1% Mana Reduction Corrupt - 4 Tier 1 Rolls, 3 of which are perfect

I got it in Ritual and I almost missed it because it was listed at the bottom and I assumed it was junk.

I am going to start at 15ex and then lower it day by day. I can't find any this good online for the league. Whether anyone needs this combo is a whole other question (it would have to be a "low life" build I think, or a combo health build like ours).

https://imgur.com/a/qbGRT4M

FYI, most jewel mods have a single tier: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Cobalt+Jewel

Abyss jewel mods have more tiers.
"
ChippDamage wrote:
FYI, most jewel mods have a single tier: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=BaseItemTypes&an=Cobalt+Jewel

Abyss jewel mods have more tiers.

thank you!

Rarely does a day go by when I don't learn something new about this game. And I have been playing fairly consistently since 2013ish...
Been leveling an Elementalist version of the build and having solid success. I kind of miss the 800 or so combined life/ES regen from Inquis, but the raw eHP from the Primal Aegis helps a lot to prevent one-shots, and the sustain from our ES recovery on block is more than adequate. Damage is also a lot higher due to free shock and the massive damage boost of Convergence. The tons of free aoe when you don't have Convergence, and the ele reflect immunity are also very nice. I can't gush enough about the Primal Aegis skill though, it's almost always up, refills in only 5 seconds, and gives over 3k extra eHP, which is especially useful against bosses with high single damage attacks like Minotaur.

I changed the tree ever so slightly as well to pump out more damage. I went through the cast speed of Witch as it's far more DPS than the spell damage side. I also dropped Prodigal Perfect and the 2 points leading up to it and opted to take Mental Rapidity. It gives similar mana regen, but also added over 200k dps alone. I also took the top node of the Divine Judgement cluster instead of the bottom node, because it scales our shock from our ascendancy (if you're going Elementalist).
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 1, 2021, 7:27:39 PM
"
"
j3pli wrote:

saw this posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzy_fZacCB4

Very good video, much easier to follow than the other video guides I've seen so far.

I can already tell that the memory game is going to the biggest pain point for me haha.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
I went through the cast speed of Witch as it's far more DPS than the spell damage side. I also dropped Prodigal Perfect and the 2 points leading up to it and opted to take Mental Rapidity.

Wow that is good!

I quickly played with @Claeysken high end DPS POB link he gave us a few days ago, which was just slightly over 8m at the time.

I specced him out of Arcane Expanse (we really don't need more area damage as the entire screen is already exploding) and I put those three points into Mental Rapidity and he gained over 500k dps!!

I am level 90 and normally would have put my next 3 points into arcane expanse (I actually forgot about this cluster when leveling) but I think the next 3 are going to go into Mental Rapidity instead given your advice.

Claeysken, do you have any feed back on this change? From a DPS point of view (if I can trust POB) it seems like a no brainer to switch Arcane Expanse cluster for Mental Rapidity cluster, given how good our area damage already is.

Can you let us know if there are any gotcha's here?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 1, 2021, 6:42:59 PM
Currently backed myself into a corner where I have a ton of cold resist so wise oak isn't doing much. I don't see much need for two life flasks.

What would be a good couple of flasks to add to the list for Inquisitor? Currently using generic life flask with whatever immunity is useful at the time, super armor granite flask, and atziri's promise.

Don't say Bottled Faith, I'm not made of money (:

Cinderswallow and Dying Sun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info