[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Claeysken wrote:
Just added some updates on gem setup (1 cwdt setup and and alternative to the aura setup).

Shouldn't Arctic armor go into CWDT setup though? Or do you cast it manually?
Edit:
Nvm, didn't know it reserves mana.
Also, considering megalomaniac jewels with Overlord start at 9 ex in Ritual, it makes sense to add fortify support to reckoning (replacing hex or combustion, which can go into either CWDT setup)
Last edited by FemaleRepellent on Jan 31, 2021, 8:03:12 PM
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
Just added some updates on gem setup (1 cwdt setup and and alternative to the aura setup).

Shouldn't Arctic armor go into CWDT setup though? Or do you cast it manually?
Edit:
Nvm, didn't know it reserves mana.
Also, considering megalomaniac jewels with Overlord start at 9 ex in Ritual, it makes sense to add fortify support to reckoning (replacing hex or combustion, which can go into either CWDT setup)

Fortify support does not work with triggered skills like Reckoning.

I don't have enough knowledge to say whether Culling Strike or Void Sphere is better but I can offer that from a feedback POV, Void Sphere "feels" so much more impactful.

I think in all the time I used Culling Strike, I can, with certainty, that it effected game play clearly maybe 7-10 times in total(I am level 88 and been using it from first chance I could). I am sure it was more but it was never clearly evident outside of a handful of times.

On the other hand, Void Sphere is up like clock work, 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off constantly while fighting, both clearing and single target. Because it procs constantly, the feedback that it is doing something for the build feels better than culling strike.

Whether in reality Void Sphere is better than Culling Strike, I can't say with any certainty.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 31, 2021, 10:13:09 PM
"

from what I have been reading on Reddit, Shaper(with Maven) is crushing most players so you guys should not feel bad.

I won't even attempt it. I don't have the skill level for the big end game bosses besides Sirus who I have finally figured out.

Tried Shaper with Maven again after a few changes and upgrades and was successful this time. Added awakened supports and lvl 4 Empower. I was also lucky, because the clones did not appear as much this time around. Wonder if the clones are on an enrage timer? Also managed to keep Zana alive throughout the whole fight. Yesterday I lost her so many times haha.

I went finally got the minimum power charge craft and put it on all 3 slots. Also specced into a +1 max power charge so all the power charge on kill nodes do not go to waste.
With 3 power charges up all the time I am now able to maintain EO on bosses, including Shaper.
Last edited by j3pli on Jan 31, 2021, 10:44:55 PM
"
I don't have enough knowledge to say whether Culling Strike or Void Sphere is better but I can offer that from a feedback POV, Void Sphere "feels" so much more impactful.

I think in all the time I used Culling Strike, I can, with certainty, that it effected game play clearly maybe 7-10 times in total(I am level 88 and been using it from first chance I could). I am sure it was more but it was never clearly evident outside of a handful of times.

On the other hand, Void Sphere is up like clock work, 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off constantly while fighting, both clearing and single target. Because it procs constantly, the feedback that it is doing something for the build feels better than culling strike.

Whether in reality Void Sphere is better than Culling Strike, I can't say with any certainty.

I love Void Sphere haha, seeing mobs get sucked in never gets old.
"

Get the best of both worlds, use gloves with Culling Strike (warlord influence) and keep Void Sphere on cwdt.
Last edited by j3pli on Jan 31, 2021, 10:37:47 PM
"
j3pli wrote:
"

from what I have been reading on Reddit, Shaper(with Maven) is crushing most players so you guys should not feel bad.

I won't even attempt it. I don't have the skill level for the big end game bosses besides Sirus who I have finally figured out.

Tried Shaper with Maven again after a few changes and upgrades and was successful this time. I was also lucky, because the clones did not appear as much this time around. Wonder if the clones are on an enrage timer? Also managed to keep Zana alive throughout the whole fight. Yesterday I lost her so many times haha.

I went finally got the minimum power charge craft and put it on all 3 slots. Also specced into a +1 max power charge so all the power charge on kill nodes do not go to waste.
With 3 power charges up all the time I am now able to maintain EO on bosses, including Shaper.

Fantastic work! That is a great upgrade. EO gives so much damage doing what you can to keep it proced is wonderful.
"
j3pli wrote:
"

Get the best of both worlds, use gloves with Culling Strike (warlord influence) and keep Void Sphere on cwdt.

That sounds awesome!

My gloves are so tuned right now for both The Wise Oak (resist balancing) and EO (crit strike chance), I can't really make any changes that big at my current wealth level (low).

Just for fun, I looked it up on the trade site and I saw an incredible pair of gloves (44 increased spell damage, great life, great cold and lighting resists, and culling strike). 45 exalts of course :)

I would jump on that if I had the money. Culling Strike under my control is so much more valuable than under a CWDT set up.

Culling Strike on gloves, I believe is effectively 10% more damage always since we are always hitting with Incinerate. Every monster would only have 90% life.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 31, 2021, 11:02:05 PM
"
j3pli wrote:
I was also lucky, because the clones did not appear as much this time around. Wonder if the clones are on an enrage timer? Also managed to keep Zana alive throughout the whole fight. Yesterday I lost her so many times haha.

The Clones are tough. She started to create them like crazy in a recent fight I had against the 4 shaper guardians. That was rough :)

By the way, has any one else had the same issue as me, where 3 of the guardians are extremely easy but the friggan Minotaur keeps smashing me? I can't figure out what I do wrong against him.

The other 3 shaper guardians, the 4 elder guardians and all of the conquerors* are very easy. Minotaur has actually killed me twice and made me sweat other times.

* The poison Warlord takes some patience because I need to kite while the snakes spit but as long as I don't get greedy it just takes a little longer.
"

By the way, has any one else had the same issue as me, where 3 of the guardians are extremely easy but the friggan Minotaur keeps smashing me? I can't figure out what I do wrong against him.

The other 3 shaper guardians, the 4 elder guardians and all of the conquerors* are very easy. Minotaur has actually killed me twice and made me sweat other times.

Are you getting hit by the arc traps? They apply slow, shock, and lightning damage over time. Could explain why you go from tanking to getting one-shot.
Last edited by j3pli on Feb 1, 2021, 12:19:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info