[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Finally got to fight the last shaper guardian and then got to fight all 4 of them in front of Maven. I have now unlocked the Uncharted Realms.

This is going to be fun to explore!

Same haha. Awakener 9 here I come!
"
j3pli wrote:
"
Finally got to fight the last shaper guardian and then got to fight all 4 of them in front of Maven. I have now unlocked the Uncharted Realms.

congrats!!!

Any idea what are the best nodes to take on this thing? It looks like every one is taking the path to AW8 but I am unsure what is good after that...

So many choices....and they all seem to have some synergy with the new craftable watchstones.......I am sure I am doing this in the least efficient way possible :)
"
j3pli wrote:

I just did this fight, and I can see where you are coming from (I failed as well haha).

Maven in the house means Shaper
Spoiler
and/or his clones (there are 2 clones now) are attacking constantly, even during phases where Shaper would normally be immobile and vulnerable. Add to that ground effects (cold? judging by the appearance) which eat away at our ehp, cast within Zana's bubble during the bullet hell phase. Then 2x or 3x "gaze into the abyss beams", with the floating chaos portals chasing you around.
The fight gets hectic real fast haha.

I did manage to get him down to the last 1/3 of his hp, even with my low crit chance and poor single target damage, so there is hope. But for this version of the fight at least, the build's toughness really only protects you from shaper slam 1-hit KO and not much else.

from what I have been reading on Reddit, Shaper(with Maven) is crushing most players so you guys should not feel bad.

I won't even attempt it. I don't have the skill level for the big end game bosses besides Sirus who I have finally figured out.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 30, 2021, 10:05:36 PM
"
"
j3pli wrote:
"

congrats!!!

Any idea what are the best nodes to take on this thing? It looks like every one is taking the path to AW8 but I am unsure what is good after that...

So many choices....and they all seem to have some synergy with the new craftable watchstones.......I am sure I am doing this in the least efficient way possible :)

If harvest is your thing, I have heard that Paths Not Taken will consistenly give you zana missions with a garden.

Synthetic Source looks real juicy as well. 3 implicit uniques guaranteed!

Then there's Remnants of the Past for easier sustain of elder/shaper guardian maps.

Choices, choices indeed haha.
yes! I just beat the 4 Elder guardians. 1 death, some form of DOT got me and I was out of flasks.

Lots of juicy drops in these group encounters...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 31, 2021, 12:32:44 PM
What is the purpose of Steelwood stance in this build? Just extra armor? Block and damage bonuses only apply to staves. I suppose it's the last thing to dump points into if there's nothing else to get?
"
What is the purpose of Steelwood stance in this build? Just extra armor? Block and damage bonuses only apply to staves. I suppose it's the last thing to dump points into if there's nothing else to get?

Correct on all accounts. These should be your last points and it is only for the extra armor.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 31, 2021, 1:04:14 PM
Just added some updates on gem setup (1 cwdt setup and and alternative to the aura setup).
"
Claeysken wrote:
Just added some updates on gem setup (1 cwdt setup and and alternative to the aura setup).

Changed gem setup: dropped Culling Strike and added Void Sphere and also started experimenting with Arctic Armour instead of Herald of Ash

These are both super interesting.

Culling Strike: Imo, this is our least used skill. On the surface, the 10% more damage it applies looks great but it is so conditional I feel like it almost never helps. Claeysken explained to me in game that Void Sphere will consume corpses which gives a 30% increase boost to damage from our Unnatural Instinct jewel, as well as hindering bad guys.

Ironically the one place void sphere will not give the dps boost is the one place where Culling Strike could be useful and that is in single target with no adds.

So you will have to make that trade off for yourself. I am going to give Void Sphere a test drive.

Herald of Ash: This change imo, is only viable when you are at end game damage levels (7.5m and higher) which means both Awakened Support gems for incinerate, the dual curse set up and the +1 corruption on the armor. Most players won't get to this level imo. Herald of Ash provides too much dps to give up when you are not at end game dps level, imo. But if you are, AA does provide even more defense for the build.

Does any one have a good feel for how "chill" from AA and "Hinder" from Void Sphere/Thaumophage will interact?
After spending way too long trying to get Commandment of Flames on my gloves from Lab (and failing) I started to think about Belt enchantments for Elementalist.

Here are my recommendations from the 15 possible outcomes:

* 15% increased Area of Effect while you have Arcane Surge

* 30% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground (this was BIS in slot for Inquisitor but unless you are using a Sulphur flask on elementalist, do not take this any more)

* +300 to Armour while you have Fortify

* Enemies Hindered by you have 50% reduced Life Regeneration rate (this will come into play if you have either Thaumophage or Void Sphere, else don't use)

Since I don't use a Sulphur Flask I am going to shoot for the +300 to armor while having fortify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info