[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

With the Megalomaniac cluster jewel sky rocketing in price (the cheapest is 15 ex right now), does anyone have recommendations for a second medium cluster jewel?

I was thinking maybe this combo for the second medium cluster...

*Rapid Infusion (I believe this should stack with the other Rapid Infusion)

*Hex Breaker (this one makes us immune to curses while channeling, which is an interesting layer of defense to completely nullify the downside of the belt while we are standing still(which is when we are most vulnerable))

Then I would just use a regular jewel to slot in the open socket instead of using a small cluster jewel.

thoughts?
"
With the Megalomaniac cluster jewel sky rocketing in price (the cheapest is 15 ex right now), does anyone have recommendations for a second medium cluster jewel?

Overlord is one of my non-negotiables, so I had to commit 8 points to another large 8 passive jewel just to path to it, due to the insane pricing. Which means I'm out of points for another medium anyway. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up Overlord just yet haha.

Overlord 8 passives can be had for < 70c.
Last edited by j3pli on Jan 28, 2021, 4:06:53 AM
I also created a elementalist version of this build before I know Claeysken did the same. We used near the same configuration. For me it is a bit more easy as most others here, because I only play in standard.
One question I want to find an answer:
Is it possible to use two Megalomaniac Cluster Jewels? I could not find any restrictions to only one at a time.
Update: Yes, two are possbile at the same time, even with the same skill points.
Last edited by MrDigital on Jan 28, 2021, 6:09:31 AM
"
j3pli wrote:
"

Overlord is one of my non-negotiables, so I had to commit 8 points to another large 8 passive jewel just to path to it, due to the insane pricing. Which means I'm out of points for another medium anyway. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up Overlord just yet haha.

Interesting. Fortify is arguably the best singular defensive layer in the game but 8 passive points is a massive cost....

I will have to consider this more and do some work in POB to see how much I would be giving up in those 8 points.
"

I was thinking maybe this combo for the second medium cluster...

*Rapid Infusion (I believe this should stack with the other Rapid Infusion)

*Hex Breaker (this one makes us immune to curses while channeling, which is an interesting layer of defense to completely nullify the downside of the belt while we are standing still(which is when we are most vulnerable))

Then I would just use a regular jewel to slot in the open socket instead of using a small cluster jewel.

thoughts?

Damn, I thought this was a good idea until I looked closer. Hex Breaker used to give "curse immunity" during channeling but it got changed to "remove a single curse after two seconds of channeling". That does not seem any where near as good.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 28, 2021, 12:26:41 PM
"
"
j3pli wrote:
"

Interesting. Fortify is arguably the best singular defensive layer in the game but 8 passive points is a massive cost....

I will have to consider this more and do some work in POB to see how much I would be giving up in those 8 points.

Ok after doing some work on POB, I can't justify the cost to path to another cluster jewel spot just for Fortify.

Here is the trade off:

Fortify

Or all of this:

5% movement speed, 50% increased effect of infusion, 30% increased damage, life regen while channeling, a free socket for a normal jewel (life, es, resists etc), and still have 4 passive points to spend getting other stuff on tree.

I think I will stick with my original plan and just hope I can acquire enough currency to buy a megalomaniac cluster eventually.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 28, 2021, 3:23:16 PM
I want to alert every one that the Hands of the High Templar trick appears to be viable again due to current prices (assuming they don't change). We used this trick a couple of leagues ago when prices were similar and it worked fabulously (it did not work last league due to a spike in the gloves price)

The Hands of the High Templar are unique gloves that can have up to 5 implicits when corrupted.

When buying, you want to look for these 2 at a minimum (and any others that you can afford that fit our build)

+1 to Socketed Gems
+2 to Socketed Aura gems

In these gloves you can then socket the Aura gem package of:
Discipline - Determination - Herald of Ash - Enlighten

The trick here is that the +1 to socketed gems means that we do not need to spend almost 4ex for an Enlighten level 4 (we only need a much cheaper Enlighten level 3).

For just a tiny bit more you than you would spend on an EL4, you can get these unique gloves which give stats we need for our build:

Armor, ES, Life, Fire and Lightning Resistance

And on top of that we then get a nice +3 level boost to all the aura gems due to the implicit's (more armor, more es and more damage).

Keep your eye out for this idea if and when you are ready to spend money on the Enlighten level 4. You may very well find these gloves a much better overall value for your money, if you can find the right implicits to buy.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 28, 2021, 2:28:00 PM
What order should we take the Elementalist ascendency in?
"

Hey man,

Mastermind of Discord => Heart of Destruction => Bastion of Elements => Shaper of Storms

Atleast, that seems best for me :)

Greetz
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Hey man,

Mastermind of Discord => Heart of Destruction => Bastion of Elements => Shaper of Storms

Atleast, that seems best for me :)

Greetz

thank you my friend!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info