[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Ripperjk wrote:
Ive gotten my Witch variant almost to 80 - was thinking of dumping golems for the shield node instead - and now with it being mentioned, it does seem like the better route, considering this build is all about defense =)

the really interesting part is that the damage is not that much different when you factor back in the Unnerve from Blade Blast (which we can add back in for the Golems).

The damage difference is negligible between Golem and non Golem (Blade Blast), and we pick up the Aegis Shield thing (which sounds good on the surface).
"
Claeysken wrote:
I have just added this to the top of the guide:

"
IMPORTANT
I will also allow us to run Ele Reflect maps.

The less elemental dmg taken from the Inquisitor's "Augury of Penetance"-node gets replaced by the Aegis we gain from the Elementalist's "Bastion of Elements"-node, which should net just over 4000 with a finished skill tree.

I thought "Cannot take Reflected Elemental Damage" part means it bypasses Aegis, am I wrong?
"

Pain attunement is one of the biggest damage boosts in the build and it is used in POB calculations.

Sorry, I am not very familiar with PoE mechanics. I came from Grim Dawn where multipliers add up (most of the time), then multiplied against flat damage. To me 30% spell damage from Pain Attunement looks the same as 30% spell damage on gear or other passives, which is a lot, but not game changing. Is it in any way different?
"
Claeysken wrote:

I actually feel like it's up most of the times and it actually adds to the defence.

This is my current PoB (Standard btw, like I said before, I rolled one of my older characters into this).
https://pastebin.com/AiRVE9T0

Is there a reason why you ignore cast speed passives? Is cast speed not good for channeling?
"
Claeysken wrote:

This is my current PoB (Standard btw, like I said before, I rolled one of my older characters into this).
https://pastebin.com/AiRVE9T0

Thanks @Claeysken. I plagiarised your build even before you posted the pob haha. I must say Elementalist Aegis is as good as advertised. I started Ritual with 3 other builds, but like the prodigal son I come back to this build when the going gets tough. Ritual is a very rippy league, so the durability of Aegis stands out even more.

Thanks for trying out the Elementalist variant. Damage output is very satisfying, and my gems aren't even optimised yet. During T16 boss fights I would consistently notice a big chunk of the hp just disappear partway through; must be Convergence kicking in?
"
"

Pain attunement is one of the biggest damage boosts in the build and it is used in POB calculations.

Sorry, I am not very familiar with PoE mechanics. I came from Grim Dawn where multipliers add up (most of the time), then multiplied against flat damage. To me 30% spell damage from Pain Attunement looks the same as 30% spell damage on gear or other passives, which is a lot, but not game changing. Is it in any way different?

POE has a concept of "more" vs "increased"

More is handled multiplicative
Increased is handled additive

In general, increase means a small boost and More means a large boost.

Pain Attunement is a More keystone, which provides a whopping 30% More, one of the biggest on the tree. Most items on gear and tree are "increased".

This is helpful short video to watch on this topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvlDQs-e_B0
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 27, 2021, 7:45:14 PM
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
I have just added this to the top of the guide:

"
IMPORTANT
I will also allow us to run Ele Reflect maps.

The less elemental dmg taken from the Inquisitor's "Augury of Penetance"-node gets replaced by the Aegis we gain from the Elementalist's "Bastion of Elements"-node, which should net just over 4000 with a finished skill tree.

I thought "Cannot take Reflected Elemental Damage" part means it bypasses Aegis, am I wrong?

when you get to end game, POE has a system of "maps", which are just areas you can run, that you saw during the campaign.

These maps can have various mods to make them more difficult and give more rewards.

One of the mods is reflected damage. There are two types of reflected damage: physical and elemental. The mod only chooses one of them.

It is the most deadly mod in the game and usually has to be skipped (reroll the map which costs money). It kills a character almost instantly with out some unusual protection.

This build previously could never run Elemental Reflect maps. But with the new Elementalist, we get protected from reflected elemental damage and as such can now run all of those maps, saving us money and time.
"
j3pli wrote:

Thanks for trying out the Elementalist variant. Damage output is very satisfying, and my gems aren't even optimised yet. During T16 boss fights I would consistently notice a big chunk of the hp just disappear partway through; must be Convergence kicking in?

According to POB, when Convergence turns on, the damage does spike quite a bit.

You can load you build into POB and then see the difference between when it is on and off, you should notice a large difference.
"

It is the most deadly mod in the game and usually has to be skipped (reroll the map which costs money). It kills a character almost instantly with out some unusual protection.

This build previously could never run Elemental Reflect maps. But with the new Elementalist, we get protected from reflected elemental damage and as such can now run all of those maps, saving us money and time.

Yes, I have been running maps for some time on another character. But can you confirm Bastion of Elements provides immunity against reflected damage? From the description, it looks like Aegis takes part of damage away, unless it's reflected damage.
Running 12s and 13s with my Witch variant, at this point. Cruising through them with not nearly as much care as the builds I usually use. Elemental Aegis is quite helpful - and nullifying ele reflect is *always* nice.

Very much liking the way things feel thus far, even without the belt and more expensive jewels =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info