[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
"

It is the most deadly mod in the game and usually has to be skipped (reroll the map which costs money). It kills a character almost instantly with out some unusual protection.

This build previously could never run Elemental Reflect maps. But with the new Elementalist, we get protected from reflected elemental damage and as such can now run all of those maps, saving us money and time.

Yes, I have been running maps for some time on another character. But can you confirm Bastion of Elements provides immunity against reflected damage? From the description, it looks like Aegis takes part of damage away, unless it's reflected damage.

I've played an Arc elementalist a number of times - and from what I'm seeing with my witch variant of this build - that node is still working the same way - the reflect, for all practical purposes, is simply nullified. Since you cannot take reflect damage, the aegis isnt affected because the reflected dmg is effectively zero. Whether the reflect happens and it counts as zero, or the reflect just never occurs against you - that I don't know.
"
"

It is the most deadly mod in the game and usually has to be skipped (reroll the map which costs money). It kills a character almost instantly with out some unusual protection.

This build previously could never run Elemental Reflect maps. But with the new Elementalist, we get protected from reflected elemental damage and as such can now run all of those maps, saving us money and time.

Yes, I have been running maps for some time on another character. But can you confirm Bastion of Elements provides immunity against reflected damage? From the description, it looks like Aegis takes part of damage away, unless it's reflected damage.

Bastion has two distinct and unrelated items

1) Primal Aegis (100 damage absorbtion per notable allocated on tree)

2) Elemental reflection immunity

It is easier if you read the stats separately. They do not relate to each other.
"

Is there a reason why you ignore cast speed passives? Is cast speed not good for channeling?

Cast speed is good for channeling skills, you are correct. Incinerate puts out more damage at its max stages so getting to max stages quicker via cast speed is useful.

That being said, this build is focused on defense. It is to @Claeysken's credit that he was able to develop a build that was such a tank and still puts out reasonable damage.

Because the build is designed around defense, sometimes you have to make some choices to leave damage mods (like cast speed) out in favor of other stats.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 27, 2021, 8:51:20 PM
so from a 5000 foot view, the move to elementalist created these two biggest changes:

1) an end game 3M dps damage boost (from ~5m to ~8m). This is an enormous boost in damage.

2) losing the awesome QOL defensive layer of immunity to elemental ailments.

Freeze can be handled easy enough with a flask and the rest I guess we just deal with. This is the only character I have ever had with elemental immunity so I am interested to see how much that defensive layer meant to the over all survivability of the build.
"

This, in my view, is the biggest sacrifice one will have to make when going from Inquisitor to Elementalist. There is not much in T16 that makes the build flinch, except for damage over time; burn in particular, even with 75% fire res. If not careful (or your life pool isn't high enough) you can be downed. I now actually find myself casting the occasional glance at the debuff icons.
Last edited by j3pli on Jan 27, 2021, 10:26:51 PM
"

You can load you build into POB and then see the difference between when it is on and off, you should notice a large difference.

Indeed! With nothing else configured my pob average hit damage goes from 22K to 29K (30% - spot on) haha.
Last edited by j3pli on Jan 27, 2021, 10:23:30 PM
"
j3pli wrote:
"

This, in my view, is the biggest sacrifice one will have to make when going from Inquisitor to Elementalist. There is not much in T16 that makes the build flinch, except for damage over time; burn in particular. I now actually have to cast the occasional glance at the debuff icons.

hmmm....

maybe on certain maps, if I could ever remember, I could switch the Minor Pantheon to Abberath, which would help with at least burning ground immunity (which is a map mod at times).

I fear I will either never remember to switch it on or worse switch it back when done with the map...
"

hmmm....

maybe on certain maps, if I could ever remember, I could switch the Minor Pantheon to Abberath, which would help with at least burning ground immunity (which is a map mod at times).

I fear I will either never remember to switch it on or worse switch it back when done with the map...

As silly as it felt I actually have Abberath pantheon turned on haha. But even then I still find myself suffering burn dot, especially during rituals. When not blocking this is problematic, as ES cannot regen and there is no way to recover, short of carrying dousing flask. With poison dot you can at least use life flask to counter until it wears off.
"
j3pli wrote:
"

hmmm....

As silly as it felt I actually have Abberath pantheon turned on haha. But even then I still find myself suffering burn dot, especially during rituals. When not blocking this is problematic, as ES cannot regen and there is no way to recover, short of carrying dousing flask. With poison dot you can at least use life flask to counter until it wears off.

We should be able to squeeze in dousing on the granite flask I think...

That would cover burn (granite), bleed(sulphur) and freeze(life)

I think that would cover the 3 most dangerous conditions...
"

We should be able to squeeze in dousing on the granite flask I think...

That would cover burn (granite), bleed(sulphur) and freeze(life)

I think that would cover the 3 most dangerous conditions...

Agreed. Give up iron skin for dousing.
Last edited by j3pli on Jan 28, 2021, 2:31:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info