[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Ripperjk wrote:

Overall dps jumps up ~700k - and seems to still function largely the same. Convergence buff adding another ~1.8m dps vs uniques. Shocked effect adds quite a large chunk as well.

Unless I'm missing something (and I'm no pro at POB) - it definitely appears that Elementalist has a very noticeable DPS advantage.

I'm new to this game and can't tell if this build can function without consecrated ground from inquisitor. From the description, 30% damage from pain attunement and inquisitor debuffs for applying more elemental damage appear to be rather important. I don't think they are included in the calculations in POB.
I think inquisitor is more tanky while elementalist should have better range. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:
Now that I think about it, is pain attunement really worth it on elementalist? Sacrificing it can free up belt and rings slots for better options, and this build could really use hungry loop if you want to add golems.
Last edited by FemaleRepellent on Jan 27, 2021, 10:24:11 AM
"
"
Ripperjk wrote:

Overall dps jumps up ~700k - and seems to still function largely the same. Convergence buff adding another ~1.8m dps vs uniques. Shocked effect adds quite a large chunk as well.

Unless I'm missing something (and I'm no pro at POB) - it definitely appears that Elementalist has a very noticeable DPS advantage.

I'm new to this game and can't tell if this build can function without consecrated ground from inquisitor. From the description, 30% damage from pain attunement and inquisitor debuffs for applying more elemental damage appear to be rather important. I don't think they are included in the calculations in POB.
I think inquisitor is more tanky while elementalist should have better range. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:
Now that I think about it, is pain attunement really worth it on elementalist? Sacrificing it can free up belt and rings slots for better options, and this build could really use hungry loop if you want to add golems.

You are correct in your overall assessment that Inquisitor will be more tanky, and Elementalist will be more damage (both area and single target).

The recent inquisitor changes/nerfs have many of us thinking about using Elementalist this league.

The build will function with out consecrated ground but we lose the elemental immunity, which was a nice defensive layer.

Pain attunement is one of the biggest damage boosts in the build and it is used in POB calculations.

You can certainly feel free to experiment at will but you should know that many of us who have played this build to very high levels in the past have completely ignored the curse effect increases. I never used any rings to counter them and besides Temp Chains, which I reroll no matter what, the other curses do very little to this build.

I say the previous about the rings so that you can know that you can still use Pain Attunement if you want and use the rings however you want.
I have just added this to the top of the guide:

"
IMPORTANT

I think this build would work very well nice (or maybe even better) as an Elementalist!
I would propose this:

With this setup we gain a ton of AoE, extra dmg against bosses and guaranteed shock on all enemies.
I will also allow us to run Ele Reflect maps.

The less elemental dmg taken from the Inquisitor's "Augury of Penetance"-node gets replaced by the Aegis we gain from the Elementalist's "Bastion of Elements"-node, which should net just over 4000 with a finished skill tree.

We do lose the immunity to ailments however.
I have solved this by adding a flask with Freeze immunity (which is the most dangerous one I feel).
Another option would be to take the golem nodes in the Elementalist tree, which would make us immune again, but for my personal tastes, I do prefer the extra dmg nodes.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Greetz
"
Claeysken wrote:

"
IMPORTANT

I think this build would work very well nice (or maybe even better) as an Elementalist!
I would propose this:

With this setup we gain a ton of AoE, extra dmg against bosses and guaranteed shock on all enemies.

The less elemental dmg taken from the Inquisitor's "Augury of Penetance"-node gets replaced by the Aegis we gain from the Elementalist's "Bastion of Elements"-node, which should net just over 4000 with a finished skill tree.

I have solved this by adding a flask with Freeze immunity (which is the most dangerous one I feel).
Another option would be to take the golem nodes in the Elementalist tree, which would make us immune again, but for my personal tastes, I do prefer the extra dmg nodes.

Greetz

Very interesting, that may be more balanced that what I was originally thinking.

I have a hard time quantifying how good the Aegis will be because of the 5 second recharge time. That seems like a long time to be with out this layer of defensive shield.

I had been leaning towards just using 1 of the Golem nodes and rerolling elemental reflect (while using the other 3 ascendancies you listed). This would be max damage I think but misses out on the Aegis defensive layer.

How safe do you feel right now with Aegis? Do you feel like you have good up time on it or does it feel like it is always recharging?

When you get a chance, please list a POB of your current setup just so we can all have a point of reference.

edit: I think I confused myself. I was mistakenly thinking recharge time was similar to cool down time. I now think this extra layer of defense should be up quite often for us. This looks quite good.

If we don't use the golems then I assume we just stick with the blade blast set up which gives us back Unnerve which makes up most of the damage from not having the Golem active...

yes this looks like a great combo!!! Thanks Claeysken for keeping this wonderful build alive in a new ascendency.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 27, 2021, 4:05:46 PM
"
"
Claeysken wrote:

"
IMPORTANT

I would propose this:

Greetz

Very interesting, that may be more balanced that what I was originally thinking.

I have a hard time quantifying how good the Aegis will be because of the 5 second recharge time. That seems like a long time to be with out this layer of defensive shield.

I had been leaning towards just using 1 of the Golem nodes and rerolling elemental reflect (while using the other 3 ascendancies you listed). This would be max damage I think but misses out on the Aegis defensive layer.

How safe do you feel right now with Aegis? Do you feel like you have good up time on it or does it feel like it is always recharging?

When you get a chance, please list a POB of your current setup just so we can all have a point of reference.

edit: I think I confused myself. I was mistakenly thinking recharge time was similar to cool down time. I think this extra layer of defense should be up quite often for us.....

I actually feel like it's up most of the times and it actually adds to the defence.

This is my current PoB (Standard btw, like I said before, I rolled one of my older characters into this).
https://pastebin.com/AiRVE9T0
Thanks for the POB!!

I am currently acquiring gear for this build on my league starter. I can't wait to start this build on Elementalist...

:)
"
Thanks for the POB!!

I am currently acquiring gear for this build on my league starter. I can't wait to start this build on Elementalist...

Happy to see you are staying with the build ^^
Thanks for that!
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Thanks for the POB!!

Thanks for that!

me too!! I was very disappointed in the Inquisitor changes.

I noticed you selected Pendulum of Destruction in your config. That doesn't exist anymore for Elementalist, does it? I deselected it, and I don't think it changed anything I could tell.
"
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Thanks for the POB!!

Thanks for that!

me too!! I was very disappointed in the Inquisitor changes.

I noticed you selected Pendulum of Destruction in your config. That doesn't exist anymore for Elementalist, does it? I deselected it, and I don't think it changed anything I could tell.

Aah collateral damage xD

No it doesn't do anything anymore :)
Ive gotten my Witch variant almost to 80 - was thinking of dumping golems for the shield node instead - and now with it being mentioned, it does seem like the better route, considering this build is all about defense =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info