[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Ripperjk wrote:
I was playing in POB and switched the build over to Witch and took Liege of the Primordial, Shaper of Storms and Heart of Destruction. Added a lightning and fire golem to the mix (my thought is replacing the Blast Blast setup with them - but there may be something else we'd replace instead).

Overall dps jumps up ~700k - and seems to still function largely the same. Convergence buff adding another ~1.8m dps vs uniques. Shocked effect adds quite a large chunk as well.

Unless I'm missing something (and I'm no pro at POB) - it definitely appears that Elementalist has a very noticeable DPS advantage.

What did you add as a support gem for the two golems?

I have never played Elementalist. Does Shaper of Flames not benefit us because we don't do DOT?
"
"
Ripperjk wrote:
I was playing in POB and switched the build over to Witch and took Liege of the Primordial, Shaper of Storms and Heart of Destruction. Added a lightning and fire golem to the mix (my thought is replacing the Blast Blast setup with them - but there may be something else we'd replace instead).

Overall dps jumps up ~700k - and seems to still function largely the same. Convergence buff adding another ~1.8m dps vs uniques. Shocked effect adds quite a large chunk as well.

Unless I'm missing something (and I'm no pro at POB) - it definitely appears that Elementalist has a very noticeable DPS advantage.

I have never played Elementalist. Does Shaper of Flames not benefit us because we don't do DOT?

I only added in the golems - not sure what I'd support them with just yet. I was just curious to see what their inclusion would do numbers-wise.
"
Ripperjk wrote:
"
"
Ripperjk wrote:

I only added in the golems - not sure what I'd support them with just yet. I was just curious to see what their inclusion would do numbers-wise.

The numbers do look good with the Golems.

I always have a hard time comparing though because Blade Blast is hard to factor.

Best case, BB is a really good 10% more damage set up, but it is too inconsistent since it is conditional.
Possible support gem to add to the golems

1) Culling Strike: This would effectively replicate the blade blast set up

2) Blind: Just another defensive layer, although sometimes this build works better the more we get hit rather than having the bad guys miss

3) Minion Life: My big concern is golems die so easily and even though we automatically resummon them with the elementalist, there is still a 4 second lag. Minion Life will give them a longer up time but I don't know if it is long enough to waste a support gem on.
I have played my Arc build with 4 golems this league - and I can say, the 4 sec downtime is barely noticeable - so not sure minion life is really nec. Usually by the time you realize you lost one, its already back =)

Culling or Blind would be a better choice.
"
Ripperjk wrote:
I have played my Arc build with 4 golems this league - and I can say, the 4 sec downtime is barely noticeable - so not sure minion life is really nec. Usually by the time you realize you lost one, its already back =)

Culling or Blind would be a better choice.

ok that is good to know.

I think I might try culling strike first since it most closely resembles what Blade Blast was trying to accomplish.
hey i have some questions about the build, im struggling a little bit at the moment with t9 maps and just wondering what i am missing in terms of tankyness/dmg
"
TheGnuAddict wrote:
hey i have some questions about the build, im struggling a little bit at the moment with t9 maps and just wondering what i am missing in terms of tankyness/dmg

for damage you are missing the large boost from the Pain Attunement Keystone (which requires you to get the Cowards Trial Belt and the special Watcher's Eye. These have to be used together when you want to take Pain Attunement).

You need to get quality on many of your gems and you need to anoint your boots too.

The enchant you want for the helmet is +2 to Max Stages for Incinerate. That will be a massive damage boost for you in single target.

Your shield is not well rolled. You should be able to get something better for cheap.

Most of your flasks have no quality. Atziri's Promise is a flask you should be using. You should not need two life flasks with a build that is this tanky and uses ES for half the EHP pool. I am not sure Sorrow of the Divine fits the build since you are an Inquisitor who generates his own consecrated ground.

I can't tell for sure but it does not look like you are using all of your auras. You need to get a level 4 empower or path to Sovereignty on the tree until you can afford the level 4 empower.

You are missing the Blue Nightmare jewel which means your spell block is likely too low.

I would need to see a POB link to give better information on the defenses.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 26, 2021, 5:11:50 PM
Why does this build take Soul of the Brine King? It seems like stun is avoided via the channeling notables on the jewels and the upgrades don't provide anything because of Inquisitor's elemental ailment immunity. Seems like it would be better to take Lunaris or Solaris for some more damage avoidance?
"
ChippDamage wrote:
Why does this build take Soul of the Brine King? It seems like stun is avoided via the channeling notables on the jewels and the upgrades don't provide anything because of Inquisitor's elemental ailment immunity. Seems like it would be better to take Lunaris or Solaris for some more damage avoidance?

as usual, I don't think there is any one right answer with Pantheon, so always take what you feel is best.

Since this build blocks like crazy, the Brine Kings block recovery is very useful but I wouldn't automatically say it is better than other Pantheons, all have their pros and cons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info