[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Guys how do I activate all 3 auras on this build ? First time playing it and so far so good.
Thanks
"
BADMYN wrote:
Guys how do I activate all 3 auras on this build ? First time playing it and so far so good.
Thanks

You'll need either a lvl4 Enlighten gem to be able to use all 3 aura's, or invest some points in some mana reservation nodes (there are a couple close to where you start as templar on the tree).

Greetz
This build looks really fun and I'm gonna give it a go.
What would you suggest for the Ascendancy? Is Elementalist worth it or is it still better to go with the Inquis?
Been playing this build for a week or so, currently hanging out in T7 with VERY little investment, probably less than 1ex*. After this it looks like a lot of things with dependencies on each other, like the belt, watcher's eye, enlighten so you can run determination, etc. will cost a bit, so trying to save up.

It's a cool relaxed playstyle where I can mostly just stand still and blast stuff, not having to potion spam or dash spam like I normally do. I dig it, looking forward to being able to invest in another cluster jewel and the belt setup. Megalomaniac prices are crazy though. Still got two more trials before I can get the 4th ascendancy but I guess it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for writing it up!

(* OK technically I spent a bit more because I've been doing some spot upgrades, but they didn't really change the build. I got a 3R3B Skin of the Loyal for like 15c, the sceptre and shield probably cost me 20c combined, jewelry is just 1c a piece to get some resists and stats, stampede another 5-10c if you don't care about rolls, etc.)
"
Crippe123 wrote:
What would you suggest for the Ascendancy? Is Elementalist worth it or is it still better to go with the Inquis?

Hey,

I think with the changes to Elementalist, this might be the way to go.
The extra AoE helps a lot with clearing (huge explosions from Infernal Cry) and for bossing we get to shock them and gain Convergence for big damage boost.

I'm playing around with this on a Standard character and it feels reaaaally awesome!
"
Claeysken wrote:

Hey,

The extra AoE helps a lot with clearing (huge explosions from Infernal Cry) and for bossing we get to shock them and gain Convergence for big damage boost.

I'm playing around with this on a Standard character and it feels reaaaally awesome!

Ah dang I actually didn't think about shocking at all. Initial thought was to go with the first golem node. Good thing I only got my Inquis to act 4 so far. I'll start on a Ele as well, the extra AoE sounds like a lot of fun. But I'm gonna miss the immunity from conc effec.
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Crippe123 wrote:

Hey,

Would you be willing to give a POB link of what you have so far for Elementalist?
may ask another thing which I do not get from the tree. why we allocate points to staff block and attack while we are equipped with a scepter ? I saw in the tree "steelwood stance"..
I was playing in POB and switched the build over to Witch and took Liege of the Primordial, Shaper of Storms and Heart of Destruction. Added a lightning and fire golem to the mix (my thought is replacing the Blade Blast setup with them - but there may be something else we'd replace instead).

Overall dps jumps up ~700k - and seems to still function largely the same. Convergence buff adding another ~1.8m dps vs uniques. Shocked effect adds quite a large chunk as well.

Unless I'm missing something (and I'm no pro at POB) - it definitely appears that Elementalist has a very noticeable DPS advantage.
Last edited by Ripperjk on Jan 26, 2021, 10:09:30 AM
"
BADMYN wrote:
may ask another thing which I do not get from the tree. why we allocate points to staff block and attack while we are equipped with a scepter ? I saw in the tree "steelwood stance"..

Those are probably the last nodes to allocate and it is only for the armor stats. The staff stats are not used in this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info