[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Did reckoning used to trigger the old instruments of zeal? Because the wording is the same so I figured it would work
"
Jakeend2 wrote:
Did reckoning used to trigger the old instruments of zeal? Because the wording is the same so I figured it would work

No it didn't.

I used to assume that too, but after testing, I found out that it didn't give extra cast speed.
I guess there's not enough points to convert this to a crit based build? Then Righteous Providence would actually be helpful, versus Instruments of Virtue.

Is it just me or is the recovery node not working properly? I don't see a change in my es regen per second in the tooltip OR any visual change when i turn a vitality aura on and off
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I guess there's not enough points to convert this to a crit based build? Then Righteous Providence would actually be helpful, versus Instruments of Virtue.

Then you would need to drop some points in defence I fear, which is the actual basis for this build.
"
Claeysken wrote:

Then you would need to drop some points in defence I fear, which is the actual basis for this build.

I played around POB and you are right, at best I can get around the same damage but less AOE.
My Elementalist just made it to maps. So far I'm happy with her progress.

Feels tanky - cerberus lets me leech life, golem regen goes to shields with Zealot's Oath. The AOE from Heart of Destruction is so awesome, although I was a bit disappointment to realize "unique" monster means those ones with gold/copper name plates, does not include yellow rares.

Golems dying a bit, which I hope will be better once I get the Elemancer.

One thing I just noticed that is bad with this build is that a lot of the rituals wrap around buildings and walls, so you have to walk around to clean up all the monsters, which negates Natural Affinity.

Edit: I'm also having doubts if we can tank the Maven arena fights. The youtube vids I've seen says they are brutal, and standing still isn't a good idea.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 19, 2021, 6:37:09 PM
Awesome build, easy Shaper after 4 days into the league.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
My Elementalist just made it to maps. So far I'm happy with her progress.

Feels tanky - cerberus lets me leech life, golem regen goes to shields with Zealot's Oath. The AOE from Heart of Destruction is so awesome, although I was a bit disappointment to realize "unique" monster means those ones with gold/copper name plates, does not include yellow rares.

Golems dying a bit, which I hope will be better once I get the Elemancer.

One thing I just noticed that is bad with this build is that a lot of the rituals wrap around buildings and walls, so you have to walk around to clean up all the monsters, which negates Natural Affinity.

Edit: I'm also having doubts if we can tank the Maven arena fights. The youtube vids I've seen says they are brutal, and standing still isn't a good idea.

I'm putting together an Elementalist version too in Standard league (speccing one of my older chars into it).
So far it feels VERY good.
I'm still in low (T5) maps because higher maps not dropping. Later rituals are getting harder because I don't have my 4th ascendency yet (only 2 trials found) so golems are dying. I've come closer to death a lot more often because I don't have high armor for aegis ES yet.

The golems self respawning after 4 seconds is definitely a huge QOL improvement but might need to spend few points for their regen or something, or support them with meatshield or minion life.

That Heart of Destruction ascendency though, omg so beautiful. With 60% AOE it seems like I can almost reach the edge of the screen (probably 75% there), and that 30% more damage on uniques spanks exiles hiding in chests, sometimes before I know they came out :D
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 21, 2021, 10:13:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info