[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

we will lose a ton of defense but we can still keep the shield and switch our Cerebus for a one handed weapon like Dread Surge.

I don't know if the damage boost would be worth what we lose in defense though.

I am interested to see what type of build can use Battlemage well. It looks interesting.

Ok , it looks like any crazy change to the build to a weapon like Martyr of Innocence is now out as GGG changed that weapon (and Disintigrator) so that we can't double dip the damage.
Martyr is already a go to weapon for me, usually fairly cheap (not 6 linked) and a ton of damage at level 52. With this change inquisitor don't get double dipping, but it would be even better than before if there's no other change. Instead of "Adds (230-250) to (300-350) Fire Damage to Spells" now you get "Adds (350-400) to (500-600) Fire Damage" which is way more fire damage, which incinerate ramps up a lot.

I'm actually considering an elementalist incinerate with martyr. With Mom and mana stacking, agnostic. Level 20 Fire golem gives +33% damage, Lightning 16.5% cast speed, stone golem 388 life regen, chaos golem 14% physical reduction. With staff nodes you can get 60%/25% block without glancing blow. Mastermind of Discord applies an addition -25% exposure (on top of Wave of Conviction), Heart of Distruction gives either 30% more damage for 4 seconds (on 8 seconds cooldown), or 60% more AOE for mapping. Or we can just use elementalist instead of inquisitor for this build, stack armor/etc.
Love the build and I'm planning to make this my league starter in 3.13! You think it'll be viable with all the changes?
The Legend of Zelda is the best video game franchise ever
"
Linkanton wrote:
Love the build and I'm planning to make this my league starter in 3.13! You think it'll be viable with all the changes?

I do think so, though I am still doubting what Ascendancy points would be most beneficial...

Gonna experiment and update further :)

Greetz
I'm going with elementalist! If you just take the original POB, convert it to 3.13, swap out templar/witch starting passives then change it to witch, and pick the golem nodes as well as the Mastermind of Discord/Heart of Destruction, add the 4 golems (stone/fire/chaos/lightning) it is really good.

Edit: There are cons - have to spend skill points to reach Golem Commander, having to give up 3 or 4 gem slots for the golems. They can die but it's better now that they self resurrect after 4 seconds.

I don't see any other ascendency being better though.

Inquisitor Instrument of Virtue does basically nothing (maybe more reposte damage).

I'm doubtful about Instrument of Zeal. You get Fanaticism after 4 seconds after you attack (which in this build is after you block), so that's like 5 seconds after engagement before you get this buff. I guess if you are just standing there against a boss (or 10 maven bosses?) and constantly reposte, then the buff will be up permanently?

If Instrument of Zeal was on its own branch then Inquisitor would be better, then you can take Augury of Penience as well.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 14, 2021, 12:15:20 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I'm going with elementalist! If you just take the original POB, convert it to 3.13, swap out templar/witch starting passives then change it to witch, and pick the golem nodes as well as the Mastermind of Discord/Heart of Destruction, add the 4 golems (stone/fire/chaos/lightning) it is really good.

Edit: There are cons - have to spend skill points to reach Golem Commander, having to give up 3 or 4 gem slots for the golems. They can die but it's better now that they self resurrect after 4 seconds.

I don't see any other ascendency being better though.

Inquisitor Instrument of Virtue does basically nothing (maybe more reposte damage).

I'm doubtful about Instrument of Zeal. You get Fanaticism after 4 seconds after you attack (which in this build is after you block), so that's like 5 seconds after engagement before you get this buff. I guess if you are just standing there against a boss (or 10 maven bosses?) and constantly reposte, then the buff will be up permanently?

If Instrument of Zeal was on its own branch then Inquisitor would be better, then you can take Augury of Penience as well.

I fear we might have a problem with this node...

It states "...when you attack", meaning that normally triggered attacks like Reckoning won't work for this...
"
Claeysken wrote:
I fear we might have a problem with this node...

It states "...when you attack", meaning that normally triggered attacks like Reckoning won't work for this...

Ouch that's bad. Maybe we can manually shield charge to trigger this, get into a rhythm of incinerate to max stacks, shield charge (which releases the incinerate for a huge hit) to trigger fanaticism buildup, repeat. Sounds iffy though.

I don't really see any other ascendencies besides elementalist coming close. I tried trickster before and it just feels weaker, no regen, no ailment immunity.

Edit: Chieftain doesn't look too bad, but it's starting location is bad pathing for this build. Scion Inquisitor/Chieftain? Hierophant (meh).
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 14, 2021, 3:03:34 PM
i really enjoyed this last time, despite its slightly slower approach this char gets everything done and dusted with little to no effort, i think this will be my starting char again as there were no regrets last time :D

heres what i had last time... i remember using flame dash linked to arcane surge was a smart play, maybe even more relevant now..

sadly im only seeing 75k sirus on this char now... =/ seems like we lost a LOT of damage with the changes
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jan 15, 2021, 10:00:56 AM
This is what I've settled on:

All in all, the changes were less severe then I had thought. A little bit of dmg lost, yea, but still very much viable. Also keep in mind that the dmg that enemies take from the Sanctuary node has been increased from 10% to 15%, so that's actually a buff.

Battlemage barely gives any damage, but it's still better then nothing.

I've tried fiddling with the Fanaticism charges but they are just way too hard to maintain in this build.

Greetz
Last edited by Claeysken on Jan 16, 2021, 6:29:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info