[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Gonna give it a go for the next league 3.13 This type of build suits my play style. Thanks for making this all available
Massive rework of Inquisitor in 3.13.

*Pious Path loses Spell Cast speed buff

*Sanctuary loses mana regen buff

*Sanctuary gains a damage buff

*Instrument of Virtue has been completely changed. This is a massive debuff for the build. Unless we change our weapon to take advantage of Battlemage, but even then, we are going to lose a ton of defense.

*Augury of Pertinence was unchanged

I fear the build is not viable any more. If anyone with some better knowledge than my own can chime in, I would love to hear comments in case I am missing something obvious...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 7, 2021, 5:57:47 PM

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 7, 2021, 3:04:06 PM
Really annoying, been playtesting this build and was ready to go kill Sirus with it. New boss and build gone.
"
baboen wrote:
Really annoying, been playtesting this build and was ready to go kill Sirus with it. New boss and build gone.

It is so grating that they nerfed a non meta build like this to the ground. It was the only viable Incinerate build available and these changes just killed it from what I can tell.

I hope I am missing something but it looks like the first time in a few leagues I can't play this wonderful hidden gem of a build.

Let's itemize exactly what we are gaining and losing:

Pious Path - lost 20% cast speed. Life regeneration is also applied to energy shield (instead of a flat 200 ES regen)

Sanctuary - 15 mana per second, 5% more damage for mobs on consecrated ground

Instrument of Virtue - lost 30% cast speed (from either shield charge or retribution), gained 36-66 cerberus damage into incinerate, which is less than 1% improvement.

Not mentioned above, Instrument of Zeal. Fanaticism is 75% MORE cast speed and 75% increased AOE.

----------------------

Gained: 5% more damage. ES regen change seems like a wash, unless you want to start using Enduring Cry, Stone Golem, Vitality.

Lost: 50% cast speed, 15 mana per second

Losing 50% cast speed hurts a lot. Instrument of Zeal would make up for it, except if it replaced Inevitable Judgment then it's stuck behind Righteous Providence with its useless crit chance. Maybe this build can be made into crit based? This also means not taking Augury of Penance, which is a huge damage loss.

15 mana per second is not a big deal. In POB the regen goes from 124 to 99, still more than enough to cover incinerate channeling costs.

I think the build is still viable, since it's really strong point is survivability which isn't touched, but it feels like a nerf

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 7, 2021, 5:02:31 PM
I think we have to replace Instrument of Virtue. It is absolutely useless unless we want to change our weapon.

Is there a mapping of the node icons to the names just to make sure I am looking at the ascendancy correctly?

Instruments of Zeal seems to need us to "attack" often to make it work. Does our Reckoning proc often enough to put this to use?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 7, 2021, 9:38:47 PM
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 7, 2021, 7:02:49 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

Losing 50% cast speed hurts a lot. Instrument of Zeal would make up for it, except if it replaced Inevitable Judgment then it's stuck behind Righteous Providence with its useless crit chance. Maybe this build can be made into crit based? This also means not taking Augury of Penance, which is a huge damage loss.

I can't be sure but looking at the icons and comparing them to the old icons, I think Instrument of Zeal is behind Instrument of Virtue.

Unfortunately, Instrument of Virtue would be an useless node unless we change the weapon.

There are weapons which add a ton of fire damage but losing the defense from Cerebus is too much I think.
OK I found an image which specify which node is which

Instrument of Zeal is stuck behind Instrument of Virtual. Virtual seems useless to this particular build. Youtube BigDuck says Battlemage a weapon like Disintegrator or Martyr of Innocence can be very good since it dual buffs attack and spell, so your spell damage gets double buffs, but without being able to use the Aegis shield this build is dead. Martyr is great for incinerate though, so maybe leap slam-> Fanaticism? Feels clunky since it takes 4 seconds to reach Fananticism.

Maybe Claeysken can comment...
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 8, 2021, 12:55:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info