[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
stoudtlr wrote:

Here's a thought for pain attunement
https://pastebin.com/AQuVy537

Would let you cap your chaos res without the watchers eye mod and bump your armour to over 51K. You would only need to replace your gloves for a pair with +30 Intel to get back to balanced stats. Vaal Haste needs to be 1 level lower as well, but there's no dps boost between level 3 and level 4.

I've been looking at that as well, but I'm not sure what the best replacement would be. We won't get chill from cold snap because of our amulet.

oh damn, that is right. I forgot totally about the amulet. Well that idea is out :) Let me know if you think of anything useful to replace WOC with. Clay and I were talking about this in game and nothing came to mind for CWDT but he is currently testing something interesting for the Elementalist build that might be of interest to people playing that version.

Thank you for the tree, I am going to take a deep dive into it tonight to make sure I can understand it. I would be sad to give up my gloves but if I got Unnerve once, I can get it again I hope.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 7:25:11 PM
"
"
stoudtlr wrote:

Would let you cap your chaos res without the watchers eye mod and bump your armour to over 51K. You would only need to replace your gloves for a pair with +30 Intel to get back to balanced stats. Vaal Haste needs to be 1 level lower as well, but there's no dps boost between level 3 and level 4.

I've been looking at that as well, but I'm not sure what the best replacement would be. We won't get chill from cold snap because of our amulet.

oh damn, that is right. I forgot totally about the amulet. Well that idea is out :)

Thank you for the tree, I am going to take a deep dive into it tonight to make sure I can understand it. I would be sad to give up my gloves but if I got Unnerve once, I can get it again I hope.

I am using pain attunement skin and I think you've seen my tree: https://pastebin.com/ynMCb1DJ

I am also using forbidden flesh/flame for bastion of hope, so if you want tankiness I think this change helps a lot. You basically have capped blocks but NO GLANCING BLOW. you will be theoritically a LOT LOT more tankier. My eHP is 690K vs your 140K!

Damage wise, you really dont need more. my tree has 17.5M peak DPS thats more than enough for any content. at this point, any damage stats on rare gloves doesnt make much difference. Get yourself a pair of asenath! to me asenath gloves are a key item to make this build playable in maps. I am very used to map zooming so without asenath the clearing of this build was ABYSMAL. Asenath make a HUGE difference to me.
Thanks again for the tree stoudtlr. It was very interesting. But giving up that suffix on my gloves to support the INT appears to have had a negative effect on other areas as once you shut off the flasks, I will no longer be able to sustain RF (and I won't be chaos capped either since it is the flask that is providing the cap).

Since I think I have a very strong pair of gloves, and the the build is functioning VERY well with my current tree, I think the best thing I can hope for is to simply find a good non Pain Attunement Skin of the Lords. Thanks to Chubby and you I now understand to not focus on Iron Reflexes.

Maybe Iron Will will be the best choice after all. I will keep looking through my choices when the time comes. I can also grab a simple Divine Shield or Glancing Blows and use that extra point in a Mastery to help me.

I think the only way to get chaos res capped with out flask will be to get the Watcher's Eye, which when I do then opens up a flask slot for Bottled Faith.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 7:31:17 PM
"
8r3nt wrote:
"
"
stoudtlr wrote:

oh damn, that is right. I forgot totally about the amulet. Well that idea is out :)

I am using pain attunement skin and I think you've seen my tree: https://pastebin.com/ynMCb1DJ

I am also using forbidden flesh/flame for bastion of hope, so if you want tankiness I think this change helps a lot. You basically have capped blocks but NO GLANCING BLOW. you will be theoritically a LOT LOT more tankier. My eHP is 690K vs your 140K!

Damage wise, you really dont need more. my tree has 17.5M peak DPS thats more than enough for any content. at this point, any damage stats on rare gloves doesnt make much difference. Get yourself a pair of asenath! to me asenath gloves are a key item to make this build playable in maps. I am very used to map zooming so without asenath the clearing of this build was ABYSMAL. Asenath make a HUGE difference to me.

I did see yours but it is so much different than my current build that I feel like I would almost have to start over from scratch. I don't think I have the will power to do that as of now.

I don't think I am ever going to be able to balance my resists and get enough chaos res to be viable with Asenath's gloves and losing jewel slots to forbidden flesh/flame. I am clearing fairly well now but I am not a zoom zoom player.

Maybe if I get to the point where I have enough cash, I will try and convert but it is such a big overhaul right now that I don't have the currency needed.

As for the EHP difference, I don't think it is quite as big as it looks initially. Our configs are much different. When I use your config to compare apples to apples, my EHP jumps to 240k and when I shut off Bastion of Hope in your config (which it will be 60% of the time), your EHP is 323k.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 8:08:20 PM
This sounds like a nice update for the league mechanic. Maybe it will make me more recipe focused in the future rather than just throwing anything in that looks decent

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3242099
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 8:09:27 PM
"

I did see yours but it is so much different than my current build that I feel like I would almost have to start over from scratch. I don't think I have the will power to do that as of now.

I don't think I am ever going to be able to balance my resists and get enough chaos res to be viable with Asenath's gloves and losing jewel slots to forbidden flesh/flame. I am clearing fairly well now but I am not a zoom zoom player.

Maybe if I get to the point where I have enough cash, I will try and convert but it is such a big overhaul right now that I don't have the currency needed.

yes rare gloves does make gearing a lot easier, without those you do need a lot of res on your ring. and you wont be chaos res capped even with watcher's eye. I am able to get to 14% chaos res now without watcher's eye so after watcher's eye upgrade it will be 60% (assuming 46% from watcher's eye, range is 30 to 50 so 46 isnt hard to roll with divine).

Think i will be happy with 60% chaos. Since i won't be running Glancing blow, chaos hits wont hurt me at all if I block. and I'm overcapped for chaos DOT cuz of pantheon (soul of araakali). If i want to cap my chaos i have option to run an amethyst flask when mapping and for pinnacle bosses like sirus i can easily switch to a pair of rare gloves with 15% chaos res. the swtich wont affect anything, all I need is the same int roll and socket colors as my asenath. and plus i can have a bunch other good stuff like spell suppression/unnerve etc that will help big boss fight.
"
8r3nt wrote:

I must have missed your tree before. This is freaking awesome and without even trying it I would have to say the best version of the build! Elementalist tier or better mapping thanks to Asenath's explosions, great single target dps due to Inquisitor, and defenses almost as good as Guardian thanks to the new jewels allowing you to drop Glancing Blows. This looks absolutely great.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

2) Iron Reflexes Skin of the Lords: 8-10ex

I wonder if this is really the best play. In the inquisitor POB, the evade chance is 24%. If I replace that with Iron Reflexes, you actually lose 2.2% effective hit pool (while gaining 7643 armor). I think another node can be more useful

it is an interesting conundrum.

While the EHP drops by 2.2% the maximum effective hit I can take goes up by a healthy 15%.

So I think the trade off is less EHP for a ton of little hits or better protection against 1 big bop....

Iron Reflexes also helps maximize the Molten Shell skill so there is a knock on effect too.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 10:28:51 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
OK so I'm playing in the POB and noticed something weird that I hope you guys can explain.

If I put 1000 in "enemy skill physical damage", the effective hit pool actually goes up. If I put 5000 it goes up to like 58M.

Is this a POB bug, or do we survive bigger hits better?

I have a feeling it is a bug in the config window in general. There are times I am playing in POB (and not touching the damage numbers) and also see a ridiculous EHP number that doesn't make any sense but then as I click other config items the EHP returns to an expected range.
8r3nt's POB convinced me. Had to buy them....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info