[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Damn Andy, what are you doing to earn currency so fast?

This league my earning power is really good, I think I've spent 7 or 8X on my toon already, and I have about 2X in the bank. For about 10 days after league start this progress is really good for me. I'm just mapping with strongboxes, altars, harbingers. Got 2 natural exalts I think.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Damn Andy, what are you doing to earn currency so fast?.

nothing special to be honest. Just running chisel and alched maps with any scarabs I have.

Today I spent 20 minutes selling garbage currency that I have been collecting all league (alts, chromes, jewelers etc) and picked up 5ex just by doing that and bought my empower 4.

I have had 3 raw exalt drops so far. I did sell a nice base today I picked up in a Hunter fight for 1.2 ex (I think that was my biggest sale to date in 3.17). I have to be more careful with this influence stuff to be honest. In past leagues unless my loot filter popped loud I would leave the influenced stuff on the ground but I saw some where the influenced stuff is selling well this league so I am going to check every thing that a influence boss drops even when the loot filter does not indicate I hit on something big. This base just looked like a regular drop until I checked on trade and saw it was selling for over an exalt to the crafters.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 4:22:40 PM
Here is my remaining shopping list before the build is virtually complete (ignoring min max type stuff).

1) Awakened Fire Pen Level 5: ~1.5ex

2) Iron Reflexes Skin of the Lords: 8-10ex

3) Watcher's Eye with Purity of Elements(chaos res): so few on sale to get an accurate read on price but it is going to be very expensive so this will be the last big purchase.

There is one for 12ex I would jump on right now if I had the funds but the guy keeps changing the price so I don't know if he would accept that. No matter as I don't have the funds to even consider an offer.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 4:28:25 PM
"

I wonder if this is really the best play. In the inquisitor POB, the evade chance is 24%. If I replace that with Iron Reflexes, you actually lose 2.2% effective hit pool (while gaining 7643 armor). I think another node can be more useful
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Feb 16, 2022, 5:02:04 PM
"

One posted right now for 7ex and Pain Attunement for 4ex
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
"

I wonder if this is really the best play. In the inquisitor POB, the evade chance is 24%. If I replace that with Iron Reflexes, you actually lose 2.2% effective hit pool (while gaining 7643 armor). I think another node can be more useful

Agreed. Iron reflexes is ok for the higher es sustain, but imo is better suited for builds that also use Grace.

Pain Attunement saves points that could be put into more defense or dps either one. Iron Will would also be a nice dps boost since we have around 300 strength.
"
stoudtlr wrote:
"

One posted right now for 7ex and Pain Attunement for 4ex

I would love Pain Attunement in theory but I dread having to balance my stats again :( The build is just flying right now.

There is probably an easy way to do it though but for some reason this intimidates me to change :(.

From a first glance at my tree, I need to get to a socket so I think I end up spending 4ex to only get 12% Increased Elemental Damage...

I would love a Keystone that is defensive in nature since I really don't need any more DPS...

If you have any thoughts on my tree about Pain Attunement and Skin, let me know...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 5:34:29 PM
I am considering experimenting with getting Fire Exposure on my Glove implicit and then swapping out WOC and replacing it with Cold Snap.

Cold Snap will give me chill and chance to Frenzy while clearing. I want the chill more than the Frenzy since the chill will lower the damage of the monsters by slowing their action speed (attack and cast speed mostly)
"

If you have any thoughts on my tree about Pain Attunement and Skin, let me know...

Here's a thought for pain attunement
https://pastebin.com/AQuVy537

Would let you cap your chaos res without the watchers eye mod and bump your armour to over 51K. You would only need to replace your gloves for a pair with +30 Intel to get back to balanced stats. Vaal Haste needs to be 1 level lower as well, but there's no dps boost between level 3 and level 4.

"

I am considering experimenting with getting Fire Exposure on my Glove implicit and then swapping out WOC and replacing it with Cold Snap.

I've been looking at that as well, but I'm not sure what the best replacement would be. We won't get chill from cold snap because of our amulet.
OK so I'm playing in the POB and noticed something weird that I hope you guys can explain.

If I put 1000 in "enemy skill physical damage", the effective hit pool actually goes up. If I put 5000 it goes up to like 58M.

Is this a POB bug, or do we survive bigger hits better?

-------

I just bought this watcher eye for 40C.

12% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage while affected by Purity of Elements
Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination

By my calculation 81% cold resist would reduce 12% physical hit damage to 2.28% (12 * .19), so the physical hit would end up being 88 + 2.28 = 90.28%, a reduction of almost 10%. Is my math correct? That doesn't get reflected in POB either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info