[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
8r3nt wrote:

I spec'ed into "shaping the sky" on my atlas tree, which gives you 3% chance to get a random special craft on map device.

nice!! I saw that on the tree and had no idea what it meant. Nice special crafts :)
For those that are budget oriented and can't ever see spending 50-70ex on the build to get it complete, I have some good news for you.

I would estimate I have spent about 10-12ex and there is nothing I have faced that I have not killed deathless since I made the switch to crit.

All 4 conquers, Sirus, numerous guardians, an Abyssal boss, level 83 Catrina, the 10 boss invitations etc, and all of these with Maven watching (those that are appropriate).

I am missing almost all of the expensive stuff (Empower 4, Enlighten 3, a good Skin of the Lords, a good Watchers Eye, a good Leadership Price, Bottled Faith etc) but nothing has come even close to bothering.

Note that if I want to perform any aspirational content, I am going to need all the expensive pieces above and I am grinding to get them one at a time.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 1:51:56 AM
"
For those that are budget oriented and can't ever see spending 50-70ex on the build to get it complete, I have some good news for you.

I would estimate I have spent about 10-12ex and there is nothing I have faced that I have not killed deathless since I made the switch to crit.

All 4 conquers, Sirus, numerous guardians, an Abyssal boss, level 83 Catrina, the 10 boss invitations etc, and all of these with Maven watching (those that are appropriate).

I am missing almost all of the expensive stuff (Empower 4, Enlighten 3, a good Skin of the Lords, a good Watchers Eye, a good Leadership Price etc) but nothing has come even close to bothering.

Note that if I want to perform any aspirational content, I am going to need all the expensive pieces above and I am grinding to get them one at a time.

dont forget to quality your helmet! xD
"
8r3nt wrote:

dont forget to quality your helmet! xD

thanks!!! Not sure I how missed that all this time :)
Before I do something dumb, can I spam the Eldrich Ichor and/or Ember's on my gloves with out screwing anything up? And if so, which should I try first, Ichor or Ember?

"
Before I do something dumb, can I spam the Eldrich Ichor and/or Ember's on my gloves with out screwing anything up? And if so, which should I try first, Ichor or Ember?

Yes you can! The Ichors will only affect the implicit of it's kind.

Probably Ember, since that can give you Unnerve.
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Yes you can! The Ichors will only affect the implicit of it's kind.

Probably Ember, since that can give you Unnerve.

Thanks!! no luck on Unnerve but I got a small Herald of Ash buff effect increase so I will take that for now and try again later when I acquire a bunch more.
wow, got it!!!! I will spam the other Ichor later to see if I can find Hinder on Spell Hit but Unnerve at 20% rate is wonderful.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2022, 2:54:16 AM
"
8r3nt wrote:
WTF looool

As a headsup - if you are gonna use it, make sure you get a really big map tileset, so that the boxes have space to actually spawn, or you will lose out on some. Also there will be NO monsters on the map, only strongboxes, and also I noticed that the node that makes all the strongboxes rare corrupted doesnt work with that craft. I had plenty regular white strongboxes around and no alchs on hand, so better bring some.

On the matter of builds, experimenting on witch still. It was interesting to try out the new Ashes of the Stars amulet, since we kinda like the quality on our gems. "All skill gems" doesnt work for our Second wind or Inspiration, unfortunately, since they miss the skill tag, so Im not sure if it is worth it in terms of quality, but the the Mana efficiency is so very good. I can afford to run an extra 25% aura without sacrificing anything, so Herald of Ashes is used alongside Discipline with no isuues, no mana problems.
I did have to spec out Ele Exposure mastery and change it into all res mastery, because we are left with only gloves-rings to fix the resists, and i was a bit struggling here, even with ~1-2ex budget for each ring.
Overall pob says the Ashes of the Stars + Herald of Ashes give as much dps boost as a 10x +2gems amulet.

Survivability is okayish, although I lost about 400hp total with the ring and ammy switches. Some 120+ quant t16 bosses do pose a threat somehow, mainly through sick aoe degen.
Last edited by Serafzor on Feb 16, 2022, 8:33:13 AM
"
wow, got it!!!! I will spam the other Ichor later to see if I can find Hinder on Spell Hit but Unnerve at 20% rate is wonderful.

Holy cow WTF, gratz Andy!! :D

My scorching ray totem guy is 92 and I'm clearing T16 "juiced" maps easily (chisel, alch, corrupt, scarabs, craft (usually strongbox), keep forgetting to sextant) and that's just on about 5M DPS max. I don't even really look at map mods because I'm immune to curse and crits (using 2 magic rings with Virndi Veil) and scorching ray can't be reflected, immune to freeze/shock/burning ground. Only thing that gives me pause is monster does physical as extra X damage.

Thinking of doing this incinerate toon now, but still trying to decide which class. I really like the +AOE of elementalist, for both normal incinerate and herald ash explosions, but I do see the inquisitor can hit way higher DPS. Last league I hit about 5.5M as elementalist, so this league I can hit about 9M with the same build and as stated above, 5M (consistent) is really enough for endgame DPS.

Btw I was hoping my totem guy will be as tanky as incinerate guy, less damage but totems, but it's not as tanky. I think it's because I have less HP/ES/armor (no skin of lords), and no less damage taken (naturity affinity), but I don't have to face tank anything. Using aegis has saved me tons of times, especially those mobs that fire squad those blue lasers.

Edit: Andy what level is the ichor you used to get unnerve? If you alt/hover over the glove it will say lesser/greater/etc. Also I think you should keep your spell suppression, hinder is useless for us right?
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Feb 16, 2022, 9:46:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info