[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

So I wanted to share my progress with you guys as I'm now at around T10 maps.

I also started with the intention of playing crackling lance, but ended up switching to Divine Ire. I'm trying to follow nearly the same build with this spell.

Current gear: (excuse the trash tier rares, I'm super cheap)

I've focused heavily on defences, running Determination/Tempest/Purity/Clarity without an enlighten. It's been more than enough tankiness so far, I can channel in safety but do have to dodge especially against boss DoTs.

I'm really enjoying mapping with divine ire. The clear feels good, both channel and release explodes stuff around and behind you and has off screen range at max stacks.

Wondering if anyone has advice on how to scale the damage of divine ire into higher tier bossing? Should I drop elemental overload? Is it good without ignite? Currently saving up for Skin of the Loyal but if I need to change to gearing for crit I'll do so.
"
alphazeta33 wrote:

I also started with the intention of playing crackling lance, but ended up switching to Divine Ire. I'm trying to follow nearly the same build with this spell.

I've focused heavily on defences, running Determination/Tempest/Purity/Clarity without an enlighten. It's been more than enough tankiness so far, I can channel in safety but do have to dodge especially against boss DoTs.

I'm really enjoying mapping with divine ire. The clear feels good, both channel and release explodes stuff around and behind you and has off screen range at max stacks.

Wondering if anyone has advice on how to scale the damage of divine ire into higher tier bossing? Should I drop elemental overload? Is it good without ignite? Currently saving up for Skin of the Loyal but if I need to change to gearing for crit I'll do so.

That is a nice job on the adaptation of the build. Please keep us informed as to how your skills work as you continue to get all of the core gear.

I have never played Divine Ire so I am unsure how to scale it. My first thought was that maybe it scaled similar to Incinerate and that it is to raise the gem level of incinerate as much as you can. But when I looked on POE.ninja at the Divine Ire builds, very few were using Empower as a support gem so that tells me it must scale differently.
I started to do some T14's but felt way too squishy and realized that I had completely ignored my chaos res (I had a small hope I could ignore it until I made the switch to my end game gear).

So I had to do a temporary overhaul of my rares and tried to spend as little as possible because I am going to have to replace some or all of them again when I get the Leadership Price amulet eventually but that is so far off that I decided this was the right thing to do.

I went from -58 to +32 in chaos res which hopefully will make a large difference.

I have also decided to switch my mapping tactics. I had been clearing every map in every tier and moving up as I did so. But I don't think I am being efficient enough so I am going to stay at T11's (which I can clear fast with no worries) and juice these maps with scarabs to hopefully accelerate my some what slow currency generation.

I have played a ton of hours and my best currency drop is still just a divine and my best random drop was a base large cluster for minions which I sold for 59c.

==============

Note the Crown's are starting to populate trade. There are 6 with the correct enchant, ranging from 2.8ex to 5ex. I may make this my next target instead of the Skin of the Lords.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 11, 2022, 8:12:00 PM
"
alphazeta33 wrote:

Divine Ire is different from incinerate so i doubt this build will work well. it hits once and hits hard, you should probably build around that, its great for ailment especially ignite. also its physical base means you can stack a lot of 'phys as EXTRA lighting/cold/fire' mod and also 'non-chaos to EXTRA chaos'.

storm burst is more similar to incinerate so it should work well with this build, you could potentially use that as your main boss skill and use divine ire for clearing.
"
h

I have played a ton of hours and my best currency drop is still just a divine and my best random drop was a base large cluster for minions which I sold for 59c.

Are you doing the mirror image, tree-ent, assassin, rejuvenate recipe? Ive only dropped 1ex from it but have got a bunch of chaos and divine from it.
Last edited by stoudtlr on Feb 11, 2022, 9:06:56 PM
"
stoudtlr wrote:
"
h

Are you doing the mirror image, tree-ent, assassin, rejuvenate recipe? Ive only dropped 1ex from it but have got a bunch of choose and divine from it.

soul conduit and sentinel just wont drop for me :( ive got a ton of gargantuan and deadeye on the other hand...
"
8r3nt wrote:

soul conduit and sentinel just wont drop for me :( ive got a ton of gargantuan and deadeye on the other hand...

Gargantuan I get a ton of as well. When I don't have everything for the combo I use the extra gargantuan along with whatever I have that drops jewelery for chaos recipe.

Vampiric or sentinel seems to usually be the one I'm waiting to find.
"
stoudtlr wrote:
"
h

Are you doing the mirror image, tree-ent, assassin, rejuvenate recipe? Ive only dropped 1ex from it but have got a bunch of chaos and divine from it.

sadly I am not. I do not have the memory needed for the various recipes and I absolutely hate stopping in the middle of a map to look things up so I just throw in anything that looks interesting, kill and move on. I know it is far from good. I am hoping the new UI may be more to my liking.
If you're done with the recipe achievements you want to complete you can customize your filter to hide all the pieces except what you like to run.
"
8r3nt wrote:

also its physical base means you can stack a lot of 'phys as EXTRA lighting/cold/fire' mod and also 'non-chaos to EXTRA chaos'.

If I am using physical to lightning support, ie 100% is converted to physical, do I still get a benefit from physical as extra mods?

"
8r3nt wrote:

Divine Ire is different from incinerate so i doubt this build will work well. it hits once and hits hard, you should probably build around that, its great for ailment especially ignite. also its physical base means you can stack a lot of 'phys as EXTRA lighting/cold/fire' mod and also 'non-chaos to EXTRA chaos'.

storm burst is more similar to incinerate so it should work well with this build, you could potentially use that as your main boss skill and use divine ire for clearing.

Well the similarity of having to channel and tank is what's working for me right now. I do have storm burst in my stash, maybe I will try that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info