[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Check out these gloves. Best pair I have ever owned for this build. I hit on 4 of the implicit's!

I still need to divine and enchant these but they are so good! The cast speed adds nice chunk of DPS and I get 3 levels added to my determination and discipline (level 24's for both!).

Once I am finishing divining these, they will give a massive 18% to life.

And to top that all off, these only cost 4ex and allow me to use an enlighten level 3 (where our normal enlighten level 4 is currently running at 11ex right now.) Huge win for the currency battle.

Between these gloves and finally getting an Empower 4, I am now comfortably running T14-T16 maps.

Next two big purchases are the corrupted armor and the cowards chain belt. Lots of grinding to go but I see a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Great build and fabulous recovery from the nerfs @Claeysken!!

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 14, 2021, 7:26:28 PM
"
Check out these gloves. Best pair I have ever owned for this build. I hit on 4 of the implicit's!

I still need to divine and enchant these but they are so good! The cast speed adds nice chunk of DPS and I get 3 levels added to my determination and discipline (level 24's for both!).

Once I am finishing divining these, they will give a massive 18% to life.

And to top that all off, these only cost 4ex and allow me to use an enlighten level 3 (where our normal enlighten level 4 is currently running at 11ex right now.) Huge win for the currency battle.

Between these gloves and finally getting an Empower 4, I am now comfortably running T14-T16 maps.

Next two big purchases are the corrupted armor and the cowards chain belt. Lots of grinding to go but I see a light at the end of the tunnel now.

Great build and fabulous recovery from the nerfs @Claeysken!!

Wow beautiful pair!

Nice to see you still enjoy the build!
Hi,
i have been reading through this build today and wanted to say how impressed i am with the level of detail you provided. I am thinking of trying this build but i do have a question.
I was looking for rings on the poe trade site and the stat of reduced effect of curses on you doesn't seem to exist. Any suggestions on how i might obtain these rings through trade or otherwise please ?. Thanks in advance
"
badger6666 wrote:
Hi,
i have been reading through this build today and wanted to say how impressed i am with the level of detail you provided. I am thinking of trying this build but i do have a question.
I was looking for rings on the poe trade site and the stat of reduced effect of curses on you doesn't seem to exist. Any suggestions on how i might obtain these rings through trade or otherwise please ?. Thanks in advance

Indeed, you need to search for "increased effect of curses on you". And weirdly enough it's going to show you the negative values then :)
ah, thanks for the reply, does seem to be a backward way of doing it haha
I looked at the new bang and got a little confused, please tell me (character in profile Oreks) how can I change the character for the most effective build? (some items are not on sale as standard)
Thank you so much for taking the time to write out this build and update it to 3.15! You saved my first ever character from being given up on: I recently returned to poe after a long break and noticed, that my old Incinerate Elementalist is way too squishy. I am now incorporating huge parts of your build into her and so far it is going great :)

I have a couple of questions about your gem-setup:

1) Controlled Destruction significantly reduces the crit-chance of Incinerate. Even if we are at maximum Power Charges, there is a 10% chance for us to not crit even once in 8 seconds. This is especially problematic if we take a break from channeling every 4 seconds to move around for a couple of seconds, because then a lot of the time we will not have the benefit of Elemental Overload.
Is that something we just accept or is there some way to reliably sustain regular crits?

2) Elemental Focus prevents us from shocking enemies with Incinerate as far as I can see, so how can we take advantage of the Shaper of Storms ascendancy?

3) Will the Reckoning-Curse setup work on bosses and other enemies that are we will stay slightly further away from? Should we try to get closer to them (instead of staying one Incinerate-radius away)?

4) How dangerous is it in your opinion to trigger Vaal Righteous Fire?

5) Do you think spamming teleport skills (Lightning Warp movemement setup)

Btw, for some reason you did not mention Hinder immunity in the Pros section and later on pointed out that the "Cannot be Maimed" corruption is useful, however Stampede should grant both those immunities.

I also wanted to mention, that there is a way one could get ignite & chill immunity: take the 3 passive nodes leading up to Anointed Flesh (Chill and Freeze Res for chill immunity, Ignite Res for ignite immunity, both for both immunities), and combine those with Soul of the Brine King (for chill) and Soul of Abberath (for ignite).

"
Thank you so much for taking the time to write out this build and update it to 3.15! You saved my first ever character from being given up on: I recently returned to poe after a long break and noticed, that my old Incinerate Elementalist is way too squishy. I am now incorporating huge parts of your build into her and so far it is going great :)

1) Controlled Destruction significantly reduces the crit-chance of Incinerate. Even if we are at maximum Power Charges, there is a 10% chance for us to not crit even once in 8 seconds. This is especially problematic if we take a break from channeling every 4 seconds to move around for a couple of seconds, because then a lot of the time we will not have the benefit of Elemental Overload.
Is that something we just accept or is there some way to reliably sustain regular crits?

2) Elemental Focus prevents us from shocking enemies with Incinerate as far as I can see, so how can we take advantage of the Shaper of Storms ascendancy?

3) Will the Reckoning-Curse setup work on bosses and other enemies that are we will stay slightly further away from? Should we try to get closer to them (instead of staying one Incinerate-radius away)?

Btw, for some reason you did not mention Hinder immunity in the Pros section and later on pointed out that the "Cannot be Maimed" corruption is useful, however Stampede should grant both those immunities.

I also wanted to mention, that there is a way one could get ignite & chill immunity: take the 3 passive nodes leading up to Anointed Flesh (Chill and Freeze Res for chill immunity, Ignite Res for ignite immunity, both for both immunities), and combine those with Soul of the Brine King (for chill) and Soul of Abberath (for ignite).

hello!

1) I am having excellent uptime for Elemental Overload. We invest quite a bit into cast speed for this league.

Let's look at worst case in my character (level 92):

No Power Charges, No Flasks active.

Cast Speed: 10.45
Crit Chance: 2.65%

So over 8 seconds we will cast 83.6 times. With a crit chance of 2.65% we will be able to sustain EO in this case.

However, as you mentioned, we rarely have the luxury of standing still for 8 seconds but we mitigate that by some times have power charges up and or flasks up which help crit chance and cast speed.

In short, I think you will be very happy with the uptime of EO. If you are unsure, watch the video posted in guide for 3.15 and you can watch his uptime of EO to get a better feel for it.

2) You are correct that Elemental Focus blocks us from using Shaper of Storms. However, Shaper of Storms procs on any hit. Since we are standing still, we get hit a lot. Since we get hit a lot, we block a lot. When we block, Reckoning goes off, which "hits" the monsters. Also, periodically, we take some damage, which procs Wave of Conviction which will in turn hit the monsters and enable Shaper of Storms.

3) I am not great at spacing in my play but as long as a boss is not Hexproof, I don't seem to be having any problems with Reckoning placing the two curses on the boss.

4) The build owner and I have discussed this. He is braver than I am :) I won't use it, but he feels comfortable in using it. I think you just have to test it yourself. Losing 60% of health is no joke though so be careful in how you use it :)

5) We don't use lightning warp any more. That is a relic from older leagues. We use Flame Dash linked with Infernal Cry and Second Wind. I use Flame Dash often, either defensively when I need to dodge or just zipping around a map. Second Wind was nerfed this league so we don't have as good an up time as before the nerf but it seems good enough.

Hinder/Maim - I will let @Clayesken answer this because it confuses me as well. I certainly am getting slowed down by something when playing even though I use the Stampede boots. I think it has something to do with "Action speed" which the boots don't protect against but I am not sure.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 17, 2021, 11:11:55 AM
"
"

hello!

1) I am having excellent uptime for Elemental Overload. We invest quite a bit into cast speed for this league.

Let's look at worst case in my character (level 92):

No Power Charges, No Flasks active.

Cast Speed: 10.45
Crit Chance: 2.65%

So over 8 seconds we will cast 83.6 times. With a crit chance of 2.65% we will be able to sustain EO in this case.

However, as you mentioned, we rarely have the luxury of standing still for 8 seconds but we mitigate that by some times have power charges up and or flasks up which help crit chance and cast speed.

In short, I think you will be very happy with the uptime of EO. If you are unsure, watch the video posted in guide for 3.15 and you can watch his uptime of EO to get a better feel for it.

2) You are correct that Elemental Focus blocks us from using Shaper of Storms. However, Shaper of Storms procs on any hit. Since we are standing still, we get hit a lot. Since we get hit a lot, we block a lot. When we block, Reckoning goes off, which "hits" the monsters. Also, periodically, we take some damage, which procs Wave of Conviction which will in turn hit the monsters and enable Shaper of Storms.

3) I am not great at spacing in my play but as long as a boss is not Hexproof, I don't seem to be having any problems with Reckoning placing the two curses on the boss.

4) The build owner and I have discussed this. He is braver than I am :) I won't use it, but he feels comfortable in using it. I think you just have to test it yourself. Losing 60% of health is no joke though so be careful in how you use it :)

5) We don't use lightning warp any more. That is a relic from older leagues. We use Flame Dash linked with Infernal Cry and Second Wind. I use Flame Dash often, either defensively when I need to dodge or just zipping around a map. Second Wind was nerfed this league so we don't have as good an up time as before the nerf but it seems good enough.

Hinder/Maim - I will let @Clayesken answer this because it confuses me as well. I certainly am getting slowed down by Maim/Hinder when playing even though I use the Stampede boots. I think it has something to do with "Action speed" which the boots don't protect against but I am not sure.

Thanks Andy for the comprehensive answers!

Yea, I am not exactly sure why we still get slowed down by some stuff. But as Andy said, I'm guessing it has something to do with changing action speeds.

Am I correct in saying btw that you can't get Maim immunity anymore on jewels? Only on Pantheons?
Thought I read that somewhere in the patch notes.

Greetz
"
Claeysken wrote:

Am I correct in saying btw that you can't get Maim immunity anymore on jewels? Only on Pantheons?
Thought I read that somewhere in the patch notes.
Greetz

I think you still can get that maim protection implicit. here is a link to the trade site for jewels in Expedition League

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/6ML0gXfG

These are the recent Pantheon changes in regards to Maim

*Upgraded Soul of Ralakesh Pantheon power no longer grants Cannot be Blinded and You cannot be Maimed, now grants Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you if you have at least 5 Corrupted Blood Debuffs on you.

*Upgradged Soul of Garukhan Pantheon power no longer grants 6% increased Movement Speed if you haven’t been Hit Recently, now grants Cannot be Blinded and You cannot be Maimed.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 17, 2021, 11:15:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info