[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
"
CaedwynArgol wrote:
Guardian seems REALLY good with this if you value tankiness over damage.

Without Vaal RF, it can get 1.5 million damage with 176k effective physical health. Just wow.

Edit: 1.8 million without Vaal RF if we include 1 ally in the form of a lightning summon.

That sounds nice!

Was that Guardian physical health and DPS with flasks up?

In the Elementalist, we are close to 4m dps (with out Vaal Righteous Fire) and 163k effective health, with flasks up.

No, I always turn flasks off. I hate'm. If a build can't run well without flasks, I don't play it.

With flasks up, the dps is 2.5 million and 187k physical ehp.

Since his ehp is higher by default, it's a win in my mind. I friggin hate flasks and needing them for defense. Unlike the Elementalist, his molten shell is OFF btw. He has that ehp flat! Elementalist has something like 63k ehp without MS and flasks. Can't recall the exact figure, and I'm away from my laptop. But with MS, the Guardian has OVER 300K PHYS EHP.

Part of the reason is being like a partial mana guardian. Another part is the easily generated Frenzy, Endurance, and Power charges due to his passive. 20% chance to proc charges upon hit, and with Incinerate channeling, he hits a lot.

fml, I just realized we can change the boot anoint. More theorycrafting required. Will update the PoB link soon.

https://pastebin.com/JQivFQwd

Edit: Here's the following build. All I did was reanoint Heart of Flame. So this build has higher ES leech and ~2 (almost 3 with flasks) million damage from Incinerate while boasting more consistent defenses than Elementalist. By a lot.

If parties are your thing, you can also provide charges to them. :D Hooray.

https://pastebin.com/Uc3xz6Y0

You can probably swap out the onslaught flask if you're willing to summon some minions. Personally, I just summoned the lightning golem for the 10% bonus. With some skeletons, you could get permanent onslaught. I suppose you could replace Increased Duration on Molten Shell, place Summon Skeletons there, and then place a passive point in Lord of the Dead.

It depends on how much you value Onslaught vs replacing Cinderswallow with something like an Overflowing Chalice.
Last edited by CaedwynArgol on Aug 2, 2021, 8:07:10 PM
Thanks for the POB's and theory crafting! I found the POB's interesting and will be studying them more.

I personally would never use the minions though. They won't stay alive even a nano second in hard end game material. Radiant Crusade is fantastic though with things like Spiders (I ran a build last league with Guardian, this builds's shield and Spiders/Sentinels and was almost unkillable).

If we could replace Radiant Faith with something else, Guardian would be near perfect but I fear that one node won't give the build enough in real hard material. I think the lightning golem will be getting one shot constantly in expeditions.

If you ever try this build out, please let us know how it works out for you. I personally tend to struggle in late end game when I have less than 3m dps but others manage just fine.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 2, 2021, 8:25:48 PM
"
Thanks for the POB's and theory crafting! I found the POB's interesting and will be studying them more.

I personally would never use the minions though. They won't stay alive even a nano second in hard end game material. Radiant Crusade is fantastic though with things like Spiders (I ran a build last league with Guardian, this builds's shield and Spiders/Sentinels and was almost unkillable).

If we could replace Radiant Faith with something else, Guardian would be near perfect but I fear that one node won't give the build enough in real hard material. I think the lightning golem will be getting one shot constantly in expeditions.

If you ever try this build out, please let us know how it works out for you. I personally tend to struggle in late end game when I have less than 3m dps but others manage just fine.

The PoBs are more or less like the one posted above, just with some slight adjustments for Guardian. You guys are the REAL heroes.

I agree that minion management is annoying. I normally avoid them in their entirety. Using just one, though, isn't too bad. If it dies, it's easily resummoned.

Radiant Faith is what I'd prefer over Unwavering Crusade. With the right management, you could get Unnerve to push baseline dps above 2.1 million, and flask damage to 3+ million. That said, UC gives 900 energy shield and +1% physical reduction. That's not nothing.

That's a great chunk of EHP. It doesn't have the sexiest damage or AoE, but I'll trade damage to stay alive easier. It's why I grabbed Guardian.

I'll try the build when I can. Work > PoE right now, especially after the nerfs.
Last edited by CaedwynArgol on Aug 3, 2021, 3:50:09 AM
"
CaedwynArgol wrote:
"

The PoBs are more or less like the one posted above, just with some slight adjustments for Guardian. You guys are the REAL heroes.

I agree that minion management is annoying. I normally avoid them in their entirety. Using just one, though, isn't too bad. If it dies, it's easily resummoned.

Radiant Faith is what I'd prefer over Unwavering Crusade. With the right management, you could get Unnerve to push baseline dps above 2.1 million, and flask damage to 3+ million. That said, UC gives 900 energy shield and +1% physical reduction. That's not nothing.

That's a great chunk of EHP. It doesn't have the sexiest damage or AoE, but I'll trade damage to stay alive easier. It's why I grabbed Guardian.

I'll try the build when I can. Work > PoE right now, especially after the nerfs.

Good info, thanks!

If you ever do experiment with Guardian, make sure you take the AOE nodes on the tree that we drop for Elementalist. The build won't function with out investment in AOE if you don't use Elementalist. Back when this build was Inquisitor, that is what we did.
@Clayesken, I played a very similar build to this build last league and that tree employed the use of the Influence cluster (3 nodes). It gets us more armor, more ES, and more mana reservation.

However I think it would only be worth using if we can find something useful to do with the extra mana we would have available.

If you get a chance, could you look at your POB and select that cluster to see what you think? I was thinking of maybe dropping Void Spehere for something like Clarity which could open up a powerful mod on the Watchers Eye to use.
Some of the build items absolutely skyrocketed in price this league.

Empower 4 is 8ex
The Coward's Legacy Belt is 15ex!!
Enlighten 4 is 8ex
"

Empower 4 is 8ex
Enlighten 4 is 8ex

Yeah a lot of people farming currency in expeditions instead of farming uniques, hence the inflation.
This build really needs an alternative, because a big part of it is focused on getting around vulnerability issues.
"
"

Empower 4 is 8ex
Enlighten 4 is 8ex

Yeah a lot of people farming currency in expeditions instead of farming uniques, hence the inflation.
This build really needs an alternative, because a big part of it is focused on getting around vulnerability issues.

I am probably going to have to limp with a regular belt this league. I have never made so little currency before going back many many leagues. I just can't going.

I did read that they are going to increase Gwennen's ability to give us something good so maybe I will throw every Astragali I have saved up at hoping for a miracle on Chain belts.
With Enlighten being so expensive this league, I think the Hands of the High Templar trick may be back on the table.

There are numerous corruptions of the Hands gloves that help our build with one of them allowing us to function with a level 3 enlighten and potentially save multiple EX if you find a good pair.

The gloves in general are a nice fit because they have decent armor and some ES built into them and also give some ele resists and life on top of all the corruption choices.
Just to show how insane the inflation is for the Coward's Legacy belt, it is currently the second most valuable unique accessory in the league, behind only headhunter.

Unfortunately for us, one of the very popular totem, self curse builds, is using it this league and that is driving the price through the roof it looks like.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 6, 2021, 2:10:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info