[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

I just killed Sirus, which was my goal for this character. Now I will mostly concentrate on generating some currency for my next character using this one.

I probably won't invest in the belt for now as the Petrified Blood work around will be more than good enough to run constant T14-T16 maps.
"

hello!

1) I am having excellent uptime for Elemental Overload. We invest quite a bit into cast speed for this league.

Let's look at worst case in my character (level 92):

No Power Charges, No Flasks active.

Cast Speed: 10.45
Crit Chance: 2.65%

So over 8 seconds we will cast 83.6 times. With a crit chance of 2.65% we will be able to sustain EO in this case.

However, as you mentioned, we rarely have the luxury of standing still for 8 seconds but we mitigate that by some times have power charges up and or flasks up which help crit chance and cast speed.

In short, I think you will be very happy with the uptime of EO. If you are unsure, watch the video posted in guide for 3.15 and you can watch his uptime of EO to get a better feel for it.

2) You are correct that Elemental Focus blocks us from using Shaper of Storms. However, Shaper of Storms procs on any hit. Since we are standing still, we get hit a lot. Since we get hit a lot, we block a lot. When we block, Reckoning goes off, which "hits" the monsters. Also, periodically, we take some damage, which procs Wave of Conviction which will in turn hit the monsters and enable Shaper of Storms.

3) I am not great at spacing in my play but as long as a boss is not Hexproof, I don't seem to be having any problems with Reckoning placing the two curses on the boss.

4) The build owner and I have discussed this. He is braver than I am :) I won't use it, but he feels comfortable in using it. I think you just have to test it yourself. Losing 60% of health is no joke though so be careful in how you use it :)

5) We don't use lightning warp any more. That is a relic from older leagues. We use Flame Dash linked with Infernal Cry and Second Wind. I use Flame Dash often, either defensively when I need to dodge or just zipping around a map. Second Wind was nerfed this league so we don't have as good an up time as before the nerf but it seems good enough.

Hinder/Maim - I will let @Clayesken answer this because it confuses me as well. I certainly am getting slowed down by something when playing even though I use the Stampede boots. I think it has something to do with "Action speed" which the boots don't protect against but I am not sure.

Thanks for the explanation, it was very helpful :D
Last edited by AlisaLukjanenko on Aug 17, 2021, 1:03:35 PM
"

Thanks for the explanation, it was very helpful :D

you are welcome. please ask any other questions you might have.
This league has been a slog... Ive been playing in Standard because I have the gear there that I can't afford in the league, doing a FR totem then a spellslinger eye of winter. Now my altoholicism kicks in again.

@Andy - I loaded your character into POB and it shows 984K channeling damage (10 stages) or 579K release damage. Your earlier post said you got around 4M DPS. Not saying you are mistaken or anything, but how are you calculating your damage? Maybe I am configuring the imported POB wrong, would you mind sharing your POB?

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
This league has been a slog... Ive been playing in Standard because I have the gear there that I can't afford in the league, doing a FR totem then a spellslinger eye of winter. Now my altoholicism kicks in again.

@Andy - I loaded your character into POB and it shows 984K channeling damage (10 stages) or 579K release damage. Your earlier post said you got around 4M DPS. Not saying you are mistaken or anything, but how are you calculating your damage? Maybe I am configuring the imported POB wrong, would you mind sharing your POB?

can you link that post because I must have mistyped something really poorly. I am no where near 4m. I would like to edit it.

I think 4m is the absolute upper end of the build if you have every item and you trade arctic armor for herald of ash (I am sticking with arctic armor).

I don't have the belt nor the corrupted armor, nor bottled faith so I am no where near top damage.

My top end damage is around 2.8m right now (10 stages channeling, convergence, all flasks up etc etc etc).

My regular mapping damage (no convergence, no flasks etc) is around 1.6m.

The build is good enough though to easily complete T16 maps even though I am missing the real good end game equipment. I have already defeated Sirus and Catarina deathless as well.

Here is the POB for the top end damage. Let me know if you have any questions on the configuration.

https://pastebin.com/prNaXLaD

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 18, 2021, 3:39:51 PM
Err not too sure how to link a specific post, but it's the last post on this page (search for "4m"). It's very possible I misread it or took it out of context.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2865430/page/120

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Aug 18, 2021, 11:48:30 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Err not too sure how to link a specific post, but it's the last post on this page (search for "4m"). It's very possible I misread it or took it out of context.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2865430/page/120

ok I see. I was not talking about my build, I was talking about the build that @Claeysken put together.

I don't think I had even started to play the build yet back then as @Claeysken and I were still theory crafting trying to figure out the mana changes to see if the build was viable (it was right around that time he came up with the current configuration which is wonderfully viable). Since POB was not yet updated, he was testing everything in standard.
Ah, I took it out of context, sorry.

Last night I was bored and mashed my previous toons together to make a boss killer in standard. I was able to get up to 2M channeling DPS (with convergence): https://pastebin.com/RmE508Dr

One thing I noted, which I assume will work but not 100% sure, is the use of Evil Eye. It's a nice DPS addition and if CWDT counts as your own cast (like Wave of Conviction does for Mastermind of Discord bonus) then I should be blinding mobs automatically.
Hmm, I never had an megalomanic with overlord before because they are always so expensive. Just snagged one in standard for 65C.

Have to think about if it's worth using, Brewed for Potency is nice too (20% increased Life and Mana Recovery from Flasks, 10% increased Flask Charges gained), but if automatic blinding by Evil Eye does work that's extremely good too, and I can still shield charge/fortify.

Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Brewed for Potency
1 Added Passive Skill is Expert Sabotage
1 Added Passive Skill is Overlord
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Aug 19, 2021, 10:55:25 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Hmm, I never had an megalomanic with overlord before because they are always so expensive. Just snagged one in standard for 65C.

Have to think about if it's worth using, Brewed for Potency is nice too (20% increased Life and Mana Recovery from Flasks, 10% increased Flask Charges gained), but if automatic blinding by Evil Eye does work that's extremely good too, and I can still shield charge/fortify.

Adds 4 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant Nothing
1 Added Passive Skill is Brewed for Potency
1 Added Passive Skill is Expert Sabotage
1 Added Passive Skill is Overlord

the QOL of overload is unmatched IMO. If it is one of the outside nodes, you can take it by itself and just ignore the other 2 if you don't like them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info