[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

@Clayesken, do you have any ideas on how to mitigate the damage loss from not having the belt?

Would a stygian with both jewels focused on damage help? Cast speed, Fire Damage to Spell, Spell Damage, Elemental Damage etc.....
"
@Clayesken, do you have any ideas on how to mitigate the damage loss from not having the belt?

Would a stygian with both jewels focused on damage help? Cast speed, Fire Damage to Spell, Spell Damage, Elemental Damage etc.....

Hey,

How about using Petrified Blood to get the low life bonus (maybe put Arctic Armour or Herald of Ash on Arrogance support to reserve about 50% of life and put Petrified Blood on mana).

That would open up the belt slot (and the Watcher's Eye) for something different

BUT

You do lose a part of your life pool though...

This is ofcourse way cheaper to set up.
"

It's increased vs more modifier issue. Only "target takes increased damage" could compete, but I'm not aware of anything that would be suitable. Since this build has power charges, Inner conviction could be of some use. You can convert notable passives to it with Militant faith. But even if you manage to allocate it 3 times, it would still be only 9% damage per power charge, and it will mess up the tree real good.
Is there any source of high flat damage? Something like Herald of Ice. It doesn't receive bonuses from spell damage modifiers, though it should work fine with elemental damage modifiers.
"
Claeysken wrote:
"

Hey,

How about using Petrified Blood to get the low life bonus (maybe put Arctic Armour or Herald of Ash on Arrogance support to reserve about 50% of life and put Petrified Blood on mana).

That would open up the belt slot (and the Watcher's Eye) for something different

BUT

You do lose a part of your life pool though...

This is of course way cheaper to set up.

Thanks, that is an interesting suggestion. I am just entering yellow maps and the damage is fine but I am sure I will be hitting a wall probably in early red maps where I may have to make a change. I will see how my defenses feel and then give this a shot.

I will have to figure out what to remove from the build when I get there since that will be two new gems to add and I already don't use VRF or Void Sphere.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 7, 2021, 10:17:27 AM
ok I made a couple of small changes and experimented with the Petrified Blood set up.

I think this idea has some merit given how expensive the belt is.

I jumped from yellow maps to a alched T13 map to give it a good test.

Note that my build is still VERY unfinished. I am still missing these core items:

1) Helmet Enchant
2) Both Medium Clusters
3) Determination (can't afford the Enlighten yet)
4) Blue Nightmare (spell block is not capped)
5) All gems are still being leveled with no quality yet.

Now this was just one test of course but it felt good. I need to get my eyes more used to the half life pool, I panicked a couple of times out of instinct when there was no need. :)

I am going to drop back down to yellow maps and continue my normal progress but with the extra damage from Pain Attunement I should cruise even easier than before.

Since it will be forever until I can get the belt (it keeps increasing every day), I am going to focus on upgrading to a Stygian belt that gives the most health (life/es) and armor that I can afford.

====================

I know POB is not updated yet to fix some of the mana reverts but I don't think I am going to be able to fit in Discipline, Determination, Petrified Blood and Defiance Banner all at the same time. I think I will have to drop Defiance Banner if I want to use this method with Determination.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 7, 2021, 2:25:35 PM
I played a ton last night and I am keeping the Petrified Blood setup until I get the belt. Not a single death all night.

In fact I don't think I have died even once since equipping the core items in early act 10.

I picked up both the Blue Nightmare gem and medium cluster jewel last night.

Today I hope to get the helmet enchant and will make a trade filter for the Hands of the High Templar, as Enlighten 4 is over 9 ex and climbing.
I just started this build for Inquisitor, is it still viable?
"
Haemogod wrote:
I just started this build for Inquisitor, is it still viable?

The build is very viable but I don't think I would bother with Inquisitor any more. The nerfs to Inquisitor have been too much these past few leagues.

The build does run very well with Elementalist though.
I was feeling a little squishy and even died once in red maps so it was time to empty my currency and do some shopping.

1) I picked up a Vaal Discipline to replace the regular Discipline I was using. The Vaal portion is my panic button when ES runs out so that it will start recharging immediately even if I am taking damage.

2) I picked up a starter pair of Hands of the High Templar and a Enlighten Level 3 so that I can finally start using Determination with Discipline and Petrified Blood. Arctic Armor is being used with Arrogance to get my low life status.

3) I got lucky and found a solid 2 node Overlord Megalomanic for only 1 ex.

4) I can't afford Soul of Steel yet so for much cheaper I just anointed Steadfast since I have Fortify up pretty much all the time when mapping.

I feel significantly tankier now.

"
I was feeling a little squishy and even died once in red maps so it was time to empty my currency and do some shopping.

1) I picked up a Vaal Discipline to replace the regular Discipline I was using. The Vaal portion is my panic button when ES runs out so that it will start recharging immediately even if I am taking damage.

2) I picked up a starter pair of Hands of the High Templar and a Enlighten Level 3 so that I can finally start using Determination with Discipline and Petrified Blood. Arctic Armor is being used with Arrogance to get my low life status.

3) I got lucky and found a solid 2 node Overlord Megalomanic for only 1 ex.

4) I can't afford Soul of Steel yet so for much cheaper I just anointed Steadfast since I have Fortify up pretty much all the time when mapping.

I feel significantly tankier now.

Wow nice progress man!!

Gratz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info