[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Claeysken wrote:

That is great news!

Also this:

=======================
Are there any Changes coming to Ailment or Curse Immunity?

Ailment Immunity granted by flasks is being increased from 1 second to 4 seconds. Staunching Flasks will make you immune to Corrupted Blood, if they remove Corrupted Blood from you. Arctic Armour will grant Freeze Immunity. Aquamarine Flask is being buffed from 40% to 60% freeze reduction. The map mods that curse the player no longer apply the curses with increased effect.

ooh! I did not read this close enough. That is a really nice buff to Arctic Armour.

If the mana allows, that would be awesome to squeeze back in.

When POB is updated we should play around to see what we can fit back in depending on the mana reverts.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 26, 2021, 8:58:41 PM
"
OK, I have looked though the POB in detail and using my knowledge from previous leagues, I was able to boost the DPS quite a bit (and it only cost us one extra tree point).

When we moved to Elementalist, the need to invest in AOE was significantly lowered because of Heart of Destruction.

As such, I believe we can safely remove the two points to Amplify and the two points to Blast Radius.

With those 4 points we save, I would invest them (plus 1 extra) into Mental Rapidity and Essence Rush (in the cluster set up which was not used in the latest POB). Mental Rapidity gives us back some of the key cast speed we lost and Essence Rush is just too good not to use IMO.

When we make these changes, I believe we lose very little AOE (because Heart of Destruction is so good) and the DPS climbs to over 4m in your POB (which is still at a reasonable 97 points).

Let me know what you think @Claeysken

The extra cast speed should be very nice! Just dunno if dropping 30% AoE is worth it though.

I would probably level 1 more time, and drop the Witch AoE nodes, since then we only lose 10% AoE.
Would then keep Essence Rush for when the build potentially reaches lvl 99... That's just me though ^^
Last edited by Claeysken on Jul 27, 2021, 12:38:07 PM
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
OK, I have looked though the POB in detail and using my knowledge from previous leagues, I was able to boost the DPS quite a bit (and it only cost us one extra tree point).

When we moved to Elementalist, the need to invest in AOE was significantly lowered because of Heart of Destruction.

As such, I believe we can safely remove the two points to Amplify and the two points to Blast Radius.

With those 4 points we save, I would invest them (plus 1 extra) into Mental Rapidity and Essence Rush (in the cluster set up which was not used in the latest POB). Mental Rapidity gives us back some of the key cast speed we lost and Essence Rush is just too good not to use IMO.

When we make these changes, I believe we lose very little AOE (because Heart of Destruction is so good) and the DPS climbs to over 4m in your POB (which is still at a reasonable 97 points).

Let me know what you think @Claeysken

The extra cast speed should be very nice! Just dunno if dropping 30% AoE is worth it though.

I would probably level 1 more time, and drop the Witch AoE nodes, since then we only lose 10% AoE.
Would then keep Essence Rush for when the build potentially reaches lvl 99... That's just me though ^^

Thanks for the comments!

The way I look at it is that when we played on Inquisitor, which was still very strong, we did not have Heart of Destruction.

Heart of Destruction is 60% AOE. So even if we give up the 30% AOE with this tree switch, we are still 30% ahead of where we were in Inquisitor.

It probably would be fine either way though. I just like having a little more single target damage (especially with the nerfs) since our clearing is usually decent.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 27, 2021, 4:12:41 PM
i had a blast making this in heist, whats it like in comparison to that league, i remember facerolling a6 sirus is that still possible?
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 28, 2021, 12:57:45 PM
"
Cchris07 wrote:
i had a blast making this in heist, whats it like in comparison to that league, i remember facerolling a6 sirus is that still possible?

The damage is down (just like every other build). It should still function well as a tank.

Check the first post, the build owner just posted a video of an alched T16 map and a harvest encounter in 3.15, which should give you an idea of how it is functioning after all the nerfs.

Note that back in heist we were still using Inquisitor I believe but the build got even better when we moved to Elementalist. And with Inquisitor now losing its ailment immunity, we should only be using Elementalist.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 28, 2021, 1:16:08 PM
@Claeysken,

Am I correct in that we mostly use WOC for the 15% exposure and that the WOC damage is marginal?

If that is true, do you think we should lower the level of WOC all the way down to a level 1? We can save a nice chunk of mana that way and still get the 15% exposure.

I mention this in the hopes of squeezing Molten Shell back in the CWDT setup if the new mana changes allow.

Let me know what you think of this idea....
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 28, 2021, 7:30:49 PM
Just to let you guys know, @Claeysken has another big update for this build.

With the changes, we can now put back in Arctic Armor for defense or Herald of Ash for offense and still keep the new Defiance Banner for extra armor and defense.

Molten Shell is now self cast but we can run it at a level 21 if we want making it more powerful(but less QOL) than in previous versions of the build. @Claeysken recommends that we keep Molten Shell on LMB AND on a hot key (since we can press the hot key while casting Incinerate and not interrupt Incinerate).

@Claeysken is having trouble accessing the thread right now but when he can he will be giving a new POB which should be pretty strong for 3.15. He did a fantastic job resurrecting this build from the nerf hits!!

He also has a new flask setup recommendation. One flask will change based on whether you want to use Arctic Armor or Herald of Ash in your set ups.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 1, 2021, 1:30:10 PM
"
@Claeysken,

Am I correct in that we mostly use WOC for the 15% exposure and that the WOC damage is marginal?

If that is true, do you think we should lower the level of WOC all the way down to a level 1? We can save a nice chunk of mana that way and still get the 15% exposure.

I mention this in the hopes of squeezing Molten Shell back in the CWDT setup if the new mana changes allow.

Let me know what you think of this idea....

Yes, you are correct!

Good idea on dropping the lvl of WoC, but I still feel we won't have enough mana to add Molten Shell on CWDT.
I have just put Molten Shell on left click AND on the hotbar.
Left click automates the activation of it while running around in maps, while pressing the button for it on the hotbar allows us to activate on bossfights without having to move.

I did also changed some things:
-Dropped Steelwood Stance on the tree in favour of getting the Sovereignty mana reservation nodes. This allows me to drop Clarity, and use Defiance Banner + Arctic Armour (which now has Freeze Immunity), while still having enough free mana for Incinerate as well as the triggered skills.
-As suggested by Andy, I dropped the AoE nodes in Templar and Witch to get the Witch cast speed nodes. This brings us back up to where the build was cast speed wise before the nerfs.
-Since Granite flasks got nerfed and we do need to get some dmg elsewhere, I dropped it in favour of Cinderswallow.
-Using Enkindling Orbs on both Cinderswallow and Bottled Faith can allow us to get 2 uses our of each flask if you want.
-Since we don't need a freeze immunity flask anymore, I reccommend using a Forbidden Taste flask. This is an excellent "oh shit"-panic flask that also grants phasing.

This is what the current tree looks like:

And the current PoB:
https://pastebin.com/M5F1jiZU

I will update the main post with these changes when I can, but for some reason, when I press the edit button, it goes into server error...

***EDIT***
Has been fixed :)
Last edited by Claeysken on Aug 2, 2021, 4:13:59 AM
Guardian seems REALLY good with this if you value tankiness over damage.

Without Vaal RF, it can get 1.5 million damage with 176k effective physical health. Just wow.

Edit: 1.8 million without Vaal RF if we include 1 ally in the form of a lightning summon.
Last edited by CaedwynArgol on Aug 2, 2021, 5:14:00 PM
"
CaedwynArgol wrote:
Guardian seems REALLY good with this if you value tankiness over damage.

Without Vaal RF, it can get 1.5 million damage with 176k effective physical health. Just wow.

Edit: 1.8 million without Vaal RF if we include 1 ally in the form of a lightning summon.

That sounds nice!

Was that Guardian physical health and DPS with flasks up?

In the Elementalist, we are close to 4m dps (with out Vaal Righteous Fire) and 163k effective health, with flasks up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info