[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

If you go back 10 pages or so and start reading from there, you can see the evolution of my variant build.

The main reason my build is different is budget. To achieve low life with coward's legacy is a lot of investment - coward legacy, 2 rings with curse reduction, and a watcher eye that had both vulnerability and +armor mods (+armor is a lot of armor to lose). I'm not a great currency farmer or have the patient to grind to level 95 much less 100, 92 is usually where I get stuck and roll alts.

Since I use petrified blood (which already gives you less eHP), degen is a much bigger risk, so I made sure to prioritize chaos resist. Things like a jewel for corrupted blood (which makes the new blade saw mod in ultimatums a freebie) and ailment immunity (ignite, using golems branch) also help survivability.

According to POB for my version an awakened fire pen is not better than inspiration, and inpiration crit chance helps to proc elemental overload. The best for you is to use POB to check for your own version.
I am following the buid and I am having good results.
Some points I would like to consider.

Due to the mechanics of the current league, could the Inspired Learning jewel be a good option?

Considering the enchantments of the helmet:
- 10% increased Incinerate Damage for each stage;
- 40% increased Incinerate Damage;
- Incinerate has +2 to maximum stages;
- Incinerate has 24% increased Area of Effect.

+2 to maximum stages is really better than the others?
+10% damage for each stage is not better?
"
FantonX wrote:

+2 to maximum stages is really better than the others?
+10% damage for each stage is not better?

The +2 to max stages is by far the best.

Each stage gives 25% MORE damage, so by adding two stages, you are increasing your damage by a massive 50% more.

Make sure you understand the difference between "More" and "Increased" as it is an important mechanic in POE.

In POE, "MORE" is significantly better than "Increased".

The enchantment is mostly for single target damage, when you really need to ramp up the DPS.
"
Reflexes18 wrote:
Would an awakened fire penetration support be stronger then using the inspiration support?

I checked POB. I replaced a 20/20 Inspiration for a 5/20 Awakened Fire Pen in the Incin gem setup and the 20/20 Inspiration has much more damage than the 5/20 Awakened Fire Pen.
So I think this would be the final update for my build because I think I will not buy more upgrades for it because im happy at the state it is and is helping me to farm currency for a new char. So this would be like a mini review of the build so maybe I can help others.

So the build overall is great, I think is the best build I have played in PoE in terms of defense, super tanky and its hard to die actually, the main problem of the build and the main threat are degens, they hit like a truck and you just need to watch out for them, ignites,poisons are also a bit of a problem so just be careful.

The leveling of the build is super nice,and feels great, if you manage to get a wand with +1 fire spells the leveling would be a breeze, because the main source of damage for Incinerate are the levels, so try to get it up and early maps try to get it to lvl 20.

For endgame, I would say I have spent around maybe like 15-17ex in the build and can do all content. Currently I have done: Shaper,Elder(witness by Maven), Shaper's Guardians(All witness by Maven + The Formed),Elder Guardians(All witness by Maven + The Twisted), Sirus A8 and I failed the Maven but was my first fight against her so I will blame it on me, the degens of the fight hit super hard. But for the others, I can facetank them for most attacks,given that you add some mechanics and you can do all deathless, just FYI you will not melt the boss (at least with my gear, so you need some mechanics).

The room for upgrade is there, you can add awakened gems,a nice +1 intelligence and +1 skill gems amulet, and min/max and you can get around 14million dps. Currently im at 5mil dps without frenzy charges, and with frenzy charges around 6million. Also im missing Enlighten 4 so I can free up a point and get more levels to get more HP on the tree.

If you want to try Immortal Ambition, tell us how it was.I know for Elementalist in theory doesnt sound as good as Inquisitor, but well first we need to try it :P.

So overall, for a league starter, being able to do all content of the game I can say this is a great build. I can totally recommend this build, great work by the author.

Here I leave my current and maybe final gear with my current PoB(I didnt knew how to put Arcane Surge as a buff, so I put a Flame Dash with Arcane Surge lvl 1). I will also help with any doubts in the forum and other people helped me when I needed.
PoB: https://pastebin.com/PSDxBXmk

Spoiler

I was looking over the build and items and saw that we could use the Malachai's Artifice unset ring to obtain elemental equilibrium on monsters which according to my POB is around a 50% more damage which seems a huge increase.

An orb of storms or a lighting golem could be used to trigger the lighting damage needed to proc the elemental equilibrium on the monsters.

It seems like an interesting idea but we are quite starved with our unique usage.
I dont think it would be as high as 50% MORE damage, but -50% resist is quite a bit, but like you said we are quite starved for rare gear slots due to uniques.

It's hard enough to cap all the resist (including good chaos resist), and that ring gives -20%? to other resists.
"
Reflexes18 wrote:
I was looking over the build and items and saw that we could use the Malachai's Artifice unset ring to obtain elemental equilibrium on monsters which according to my POB is around a 50% more damage which seems a huge increase.

An orb of storms or a lighting golem could be used to trigger the lighting damage needed to proc the elemental equilibrium on the monsters.

It seems like an interesting idea but we are quite starved with our unique usage.

I dont know if it is worth because of the cowards legacy, you need those rings with minus effect of curses, otherwise curses with have at least +20% effect on you. Also as you were saying, getting resists is quite difficult due to the small amount of rare slots.
I'm at level 92, and dying enough that I doubt I'll get to 93. I'm very pleased with my budget variant of this build, but I think to really make progress I need to switch to the original guide's setup, with coward legacy and rings, etc, so I have more eHP and damage.

I have maybe 5X total if I sell everything but it's not enough, so now I'm not sure how to proceed. I can of course keep unlocking more watchstonesand farm currency. I considered dropping petrified blood and go back to discipline, so more defense but it's 30% less damage losing pain attunement, and DPS helps me to survive as well.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I'm at level 92, and dying enough that I doubt I'll get to 93. I'm very pleased with my budget variant of this build, but I think to really make progress I need to switch to the original guide's setup, with coward legacy and rings, etc, so I have more eHP and damage.

I have maybe 5X total if I sell everything but it's not enough, so now I'm not sure how to proceed. I can of course keep unlocking more watchstonesand farm currency. I considered dropping petrified blood and go back to discipline, so more defense but it's 30% less damage losing pain attunement, and DPS helps me to survive as well.

Doing a quick look at your char, some upgrades that are not that expensive right now would be:

1) Skin of the loyal 4B 2R is currently at 40c so you can add empower and a empower 3 corrupted is 20c so the total price is 60c, quite cheap atm.

2) The blue nightmare you can maybe catch it at exactly 1 ex and that is a super defensive buff so you will no longer die too often.

3) Cinderswallow, mapping is a breeze and gives you a super buff in offense and defense. This one is currently at 1ex.

4) And upgrade that cost literally no money is with your flasks, having 1 granite-1 basalt (damage reduction) and you can put one onslaught or one sulphur and it will give you more damage than the mana flask.

Those are the upgrades I consider are the most cost/effective and we are talking around 2.5 ex in total and all that without changing the belt with the rings
Last edited by Donizuka on May 4, 2021, 4:39:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info